wtf!!!Wii 2???!!

smyth said:
that would be nice if they did that however just because you(and i and most of the other people on this forum) will be occupied with SSBB, that doesn't mean everyone will be, and also they already have plans for future games, i can't imagine them dropping everything to create "Halo Wii" :lol: as nice as it would be. The products we seem to be getting from nintendo are up to or above par, it's 3rd party support that needs to get better(as has been said many many times). Especially for a FPS, if a great one comes out for Wii at all, my money is on it being from a 3rd part developer and not from nintendo.

just my $.02

What is funny is all we need to make a halo Wii is wii ware and a mod editor along with Wii base level editor and SD card support for saving by way of Wii ware. I have tons of quake, Ut, golden eye remake maps on my fire wire drives from back in the day that I made an never released!

Also too we really need for 2d game play to make a come back. People are getting away from real addictive game play and trying to go online to keep people interested which is a very bad thing. Yet it's good when every one is there yet once a sequel comes out you'll find less people to play with. I mean If doom wasn't great as a single player game then I could not even play it today! Yet once people move on from quake 3 it will forever be gone! Just like halo 1,and 2 and 3. Ut is also a victim of this.

XBox Live is actually pretty good for having new, old-school 2D games. I'm hoping we get some of that on Wiiware and not just Mahjong, and Sudoku.

Budo said:
XBox Live is actually pretty good for having new, old-school 2D games. I'm hoping we get some of that on Wiiware and not just Mahjong, and Sudoku.

Yeah Once the tools hit America I know what is going to happen. We will go into FPS mode because thats what the mod community is good at! Then you have all these grad student who won't have a problem getting funding for some cool new use of the Wii mote and a game to go along with it. I'm not sure what japan is doing with the sensors but over here we are going bananas!

Plus there are some really good flash games that should get ported over to a real console. Once Wii ware is made public for real nintendo needs to establish communication with universities over here so that people will get to groom them selves on what wii mote game play is about programming and designing wise.

WiitnessID said:
Yeah Once the tools hit America I know what is going to happen. We will go into FPS mode because thats what the mod community is good at! Then you have all these grad student who won't have a problem getting funding for some cool new use of the Wii mote and a game to go along with it. I'm not sure what japan is doing with the sensors but over here we are going bananas!

Plus there are some really good flash games that should get ported over to a real console. Once Wii ware is made public for real nintendo needs to establish communication with universities over here so that people will get to groom them selves on what wii mote game play is about programming and designing wise.

If they let us create and publish FPS maps on Wiiware, I would so start making maps again. I think the last couple I made were for Doom 3... well, I finished the one, and half finished the other :lol:

the video at gametrailers was accurate. Its like the guy said, most hardcore players have a Wii as their 2nd hand console, after PS3 or 360. I bought my Wii first and didnt plan on getting another, but I got bored of it really fast because lack of games. So I got 360 and it became my 2nd console. I like most hardcore players who own 360 or PS3 along with Wii only buy the top Wii games like Zelda, Mario and Metroid games. Of course I got RE4 also cuz I just had to :p But besides mainly Nintendo's 1st party games, I dont buy anything for Wii, while I buy alot for my 360 while I wait for something for the Wii. One of the reasons why Wii gets hardly any 3rd party is its not selling on the Wii, while 360 makes up about 50% of 3rd party sales. I cant provide link cuz I forgot it, but its somewhere in these forums.

Also in the video, they didnt say Wii was going to release a new Wii 2 with better processor and HD, etc. etc. They were just throwing out a prediction of what they thought. I think its not impossible, but unlikely. If they did release a Wii 2, ill never buy another Nintendo product ever.

they will in 2010
its the next generation i think not just a wii 2
they started development at the end of 2007 im sorry to say my dad has comfirmed it

its possibal... they would want to release near the end of the year for christmas sales int he states, i bet you it gets pushed back atleast one year though... ahh they always do..

in touch with the wii said:
they will in 2010
its the next generation i think not just a wii 2
they started development at the end of 2007 im sorry to say my dad has comfirmed it

as much as that might be true, unfortunately it doesn't hold a lot of weight. Not because you're lying but this is the nameless/faceless internet, which means i can claim to be the Queen of France or Tiger Woods or George W, and theres really no proof showing that i am that person, but nor is there much proof showing that i'm not that person. So typically with a claim like that people want to see it in writing with a link or reference to something they trust, i.e.-nintendo, or ign or something like that. you saying your dad confirmed it(and again, it could be completely true) basically doesn't mean dittly to most people on here. Is there any kind of proof you could show though?

kyle

i could give you the names of the heads of the wiis development if you want or my dads name
note if you want my dads name i will only give it for 3 mins just incase if there is any legal action
another note i have the bussiness cards of them i can probally have them up in 2 days

Last edited:
I still wouldn't believe you. Most things can be found out through alot of research and 4 years for a new console is too fast. Not even Xbox did it in 4, they did 5.

in touch with the wii said:
i could give you the names of the heads of the wiis development if you want or my dads name
note if you want my dads name i will only give it for 3 mins just incase if there is any legal action
another note i have the bussiness cards of them i can probally have them up in 2 days

i'm not saying that, and personally i don't much care when a new wii comes out. i'm just saying that generally people like written proof about something like this. i have no doubt that your dad is in fact vice president of that company at all. i'm just saying.

well im not employed there so im not really allowed near any documents like that.............. you will have to wait and see then
jumpei ueki and susumu inoe are the assistant managers of development group no.5 which worked on the wii if that helps for evidence

i have no doubt your dads company has to have the batterys ready by 2010.. and its probably schedualed for 2010 release... but it will most likely get pushed back... they always plan to release things sooner than they get released, and they always get held back to include new inovations since conception of the original idea...

just to work out the bugs alone they need a complete finnished product for a good 6-12 months of testing and improving so if they had it finnished right now it wouldnt get realeased untill 2009... and they are just starting to get the ideas ready to protoype let alone produce it...

your dads probably working on the prototype right now, and within the next couple years they will have the finnished product set in stone.. like by 2010...

but they still have to build, test, and stockpile these units before they even reach the shelfs for sale..

ive worked in auto and electronics manufacturing and prototype.. i have never seen anything launch when they planned... you cant just push up the schedual of making something from scratch like a console... maybe a game or movie schedual can get pushed up but thats just information on a disk... not a physical piece of hardware...

Last edited:
wezeles said:
i have no doubt your dads company has to have the batterys ready by 2010.. and its probably schedualed for 2010 release... but it will most likely get pushed back... they always plan to release things sooner than they get released, and they always get held back to include new inovations since conception of the original idea...

just to work out the bugs alone they need a complete finnished product for a good 6-12 months of testing and improving so if they had it finnished right now it wouldnt get realeased untill 2009... and they are just starting to get the ideas ready to protoype let alone produce it...

your dads probably working on the prototype right now, and within the next couple years they will have the finnished product set in stone.. like by 2010...

but they still have to build, test, and stockpile these units before they even reach the shelfs for sale..

ive worked in auto and electronics manufacturing and prototype.. i have never seen anything launch when they planned... you cant just push up the schedual of making something from scratch like a console... maybe a game or movie schedual can get pushed up but thats just information on a disk... not a physical piece of hardware...

yeap considering if the started desinging it now, the way technology evolves by 2009, whatever they're thinking of now would be obsolete, by 2010 it'll be archaic. and after december 21st 2012 it doesn't matter because that's when the world will end anyway:smilewinkgrin:

Back