upfront-donkey kong
wings-boo, hammer bro
defense-dry bones

zapasant93 said:
i have

upfront-donkey kong
wings-boo, hammer bro
defense-dry bones

It probably wouldn't be a bad idea to switch your Boo with your Dry Bones. I myself find that Dry Bones doesn't have the juking or the passing speed to get the ball out of my half, whereas having Boo there tends to give me some more control.

Damascus said:
Please rate mine (just got the game today o_O)

Cap: Luigi

Wingers: Koopa and Dry Bones
Defense: Toad

I'm actually thinking about switching out my koopa for a hammer bro.

suggestions would be nice *stares at BigORhyme*

Sorry to leave you hanging Damascus. I'm flattered you'd ask me for advice.
Not to take anything away from Frummage, but I don't personally like Dry Bones on defense. Althoug he's good at slide tackling, his passing is lackluster, and his juke isn't good for losing persistent wingmen. Actually I think your team is pretty solid the only thing I might do is... switch out Koopa for a Hammer Bro.

Mario13 said:
Petey
Birdo Hammer Bro
Toad

Not too bad, you've got Toad in the defenseman position I hope? You're pretty shooter heavy, it might not hurt to switch out either Birdo or Hammer Bro for a faster teammate. If I had to lose one off the team it'd be Hammers.

Fire Flower said:
Waluigi
wings are toad and monty
and defence is dry bones.

That sounds pretty good, really. Although I personally like Toad on defense instead of Dry Bones, because his higher passing and effective jukes allow me to get the ball out of my half, where I hate it hanging around in.

Ellokko1 said:
Capt_Wario
Wingmen_Birdo&Drybones
Defender_HammerBros

Your team is very shooter heavy, but perhaps a bit slow. Dry Bones is fast, and in a good position too. Hammer Bro is in perhaps the wrong position, though. He's a great passer, and his juke is okay. Unfortunately he's slow as a, well, turtle, and his juke is easily baited. Since you already have so many strong shooters, you might want to switch him out for a playmaker.

zapasant93 said:
i have

upfront-donkey kong
wings-boo, hammer bro
defense-dry bones

Another team I like, but I have to resort to my opinion that Dry Bones belongs in the wings, and Boo belongs in the backfield. His superior passing and juking skills give him a stronger role on defense despite Dry Bones' excellent slide tackles, which can still be put to use midfield.

hey big o wanna exchange friend codes?
Team:
.......................Birdo

Boo...........................................DK

.......................Toad

My team consists of: Mario[CAPT], Birdo[LW], Toad[RW], and Dry Bones[Defense]. Any suggestions would be appreciated (especially from Big O and Frummage)!

You're very flattering.
The team's not too bad, but I'd switch Dry Bones for Toad. Bones' much better on offense, where his teleport attack comes into play; than he is on Defense, where his lack of passing is a liability. And personally I like Boo over Toad.
Give me your Friend Code and I can show you why. The Friend Code you have in your signature can't be right, three sets of digits and all..

edit: Actually, your Friend Code is 12 digits, the format just threw me off.

Last edited:
Thank you so much for your advice Big O, I'm adding you as I type this (the layout of my sig is messed due to only using my wii or psp as an internet browser)!

This is a great place to get advice, but there's also some really sweet trick videos on Youtube that you should check out as well.

Scott P said:
I've only had the game for a week or so. I'm still getting the hang of it. My current favorite roster is:

Daisy
Birdo
Hammer Bros
Dry Bones

*edited for spelling

I agree with that. Daisy gives u speed and passing, and has a great prower up. Birdo and Hammer bros add shooting and good dekes. Dry bones has speed and defense. This is a good all-around team, I can score with hammer bros and birdo when ever they get the ball.:yesnod: A challenge anyone to make better team:yesnod:

It's important to remember that while Daisy is an incredible hitter and slide tackler, and can run like hell, she can't pass at all. Her special is probably the best in the game, lbu8 is right about that.
Although Dry Bones is a "Defensive" character, that really just means he runs fast and hits hard, and has a teleport for a juke. He can't pass or shoot very well. Being a poor passer means that he's not ideal in the defense position, where someone who can pass the ball out of your half the field while still maintaining the speed and interception skill of Dry Bones is a better fit. A playmaker's got all those abilities.
Besides, why put Dry Bones on defense when he's such a great scorer? He can use his superior speed and hitting to help maintain control midfield against slower characters, all the while bringing teleports, excellent serve-it-ups, great Titan's Chips, and his powerful skillshot to a more prominent role on your offense. He'll even be able to score occasionally on one-timers from your new playmaker.
It's not a bad team, Daisy is my favorite captain, and my team goes something like this:

Daisy[C], Boo[D], Dry Bones[LW], Boo [RW].

My suggested team for you would go something like this:

Daisy[C], Boo/Toad[D], Dry Bones[LW], Hammer Bro/Birdo[RW].

edit: Welcome to Wiichat lbu8.

I use:

Donkey Kong
2 Dry Bones
Toad

Donkey Kong can score easily with his power on charged lob passes, and has a good deke. Also, I use powerups to my advantage. If there's a hit spammer, I usually win because when dry bones charges up, I shoot shells while charging to disable the opponent. Easy Goal.

Toad's goalie Hop is useful as well, since I've got that down. Dry Bones can also score easily when the ball is charged via deke.

I have many, many weapons...

Back