Your best team setup

davidos90 said:
Captain= DK Kong
Wingers = Hammer bros 2x
Defence = That skeleton turtle
"That Skeleton Turtle" is called Dry Bones :yesnod:

I got Wario, Hammo, and 2 Dry Bones. I have my 2 Drys on the wing so they can grab the ball quickly to pass it to wario,

flight1991 said:
I got Wario, Hammo, and 2 Dry Bones. I have my 2 Drys on the wing so they can grab the ball quickly to pass it to wario,
For that purpose, you should use Boo.

davidos90 said:
Captain= DK Kong
Wingers = Hammer bros 2x
Defence = That skeleton turtle

Two Hammer Bros is always one too many.

Samus101 said:
Hmm... I've got 3 unbeatable team setups.

1. Team Captain: Mario
Defense: Koopa, Left Wing: Hammer Bro, Right Wing: Boo
2. Team Captain: Yoshi
Defense: Boo, Left Wing: Boo, Right Wing: Boo
3. Team Captain: Mario
Defense: Koopa, Left Wing: Koopa, Right Wing: Koopa

Any team can be beaten :D

Last edited:
BigORhyme said:
Two Hammer Bros is always one too many.
One Hammer Bro is too much, it's absolutely useless.. The only good thing is the stand still & shoot from the middle field, which can be done with other hard kickers too.

I use:

Captain: Waluigi (or Daisy)
Wingers: Birdo (up) and Toad (down)
Defense: Boo

Sometimes I switch Toad for Dry Bones.

unska said:
One Hammer Bro is too much, it's absolutely useless.. The only good thing is the stand still & shoot from the middle field, which can be done with other hard kickers too.
He has good passing. However, the main use for him is hammer spamming. His deke is very easy to lame with.

Also, I think Birdo has better shots IMO

I found that out yesterday, I have to keep one of the hammer bros though. If you manage to set his special shot off just outside the cage, then it's definate your getting a point.

davidos90 said:
I found that out yesterday, I have to keep one of the hammer bros though. If you manage to set his special shot off just outside the cage, then it's definate your getting a point.
Not definite. I've gotten pretty good at stopping them now. All you need to do is run one of your player to the far end of the goal and make the ball hit them.

I can stop them around 75% of the time now by doing this.

FRuMMaGe said:
He has good passing. However, the main use for him is hammer spamming. His deke is very easy to lame with.

Also, I think Birdo has better shots IMO

Samus101 said:
Umm... I have one Hammer Bro on my first setup and he IS VERY USEFUL. He gets the ball in about 70% of the time. :ciappa:
They Hammer Spamming is extremely easy to counter, you just have to learn to time the tackle. I can block 95% of Hammer Spamming, at first I thought it was impossible but nowadays I just laugh at them.

It's like DK, Bowser, Bowser Jr, Birdo or Petey. I always make them think I'm going to tackle them and then they use the deke and I tackle them instantly when the deke is about to stop and after that it's usually around a 70-80% chance to get a goal since it's usually space behind them to charge to the goal. If I get to tackle him with a Diddy Kong or a Boo it's 99,5% goal.

my team is
captain: DK
wings: switch a bit between hammer bros, birdo or shy guy
back: dry bones.

rate please?

ydiermot said:
my team is
captain: DK
wings: switch a bit between hammer bros, birdo or shy guy
back: dry bones.

rate please?
Good team. Make sure you get those teleporter goals with Dry Bones. He should be your top goal scorer.

Back