2nd time in 1 day my wii has made me call nintendo

Wiitime

the guy below- HES BACK!!
Oct 15, 2006
Wii Online Code
1405-1695-6567-5492
I havent played the wii for a few days.So today, i try to turn it on and i cant and i realize its still connected to the internet. and its warm. so i umplug it and plug it back in and it works fine, but i call nintendo to make sure its ok. The person says its fine and if it happends again soon, call back. She said if it happends every so often thats fine.....

Hours Later:::::

I turn on my wii to check and e-mail, i shut the wii and turn it back on b/c i want to shut wiiconnect 24, i turn on the wii, and guess what.. No cursor, i try my other wii mote.. no curson, nothing.. so i sync, no good, call nintendo and i go through these steps. The guy tells me to unplug it for a minutes. So he is telling me about how long it would take to get my new one, cause i would have to send mine back first. Sure enough i plug in the wii and it works..... My wii is scaring the heck out of me...:yikes:

Yeah, it seems like most of my problems on my Wii are fixed when I let it sit there for a bit. Probably just gets "tired" or something haha. Who knows though. My friend and I haven't had any real problems. Sometimes the remotes go on the fritz but after a good restart they're fine. :p

so far haven't ever had a problem and i hope i never do :smilewinkgrin:

i decided to turn off wiiconnect 24 once in a while. it probably get tired... to me, as long as it works i am happy. Hopefully i wont any more problems with the wii or anything else ( knock on wood)

That must suck. Lets just hope it will be fine. Maybe they will work out the little bugs like that for the other ones they're releasing. I hope they will.

My biggest problem is the internet deciding when its wants to go on. But the most annoying problem is my wiimote going jittery :mad5:.

You can simply hold the power button in on the console to turn it off (until it shuts off, and the power LED on the console is red (not green or amber)) to shut down the console (including WiiConnect 24) completely.

Yeah that's happened to me alot frequently since I started adding people. I think it might be a problem with the design as more than a few people are having the same issue. Anybody make any recent changes before this started happening to them?

Wiitime said:
I havent played the wii for a few days.So today, i try to turn it on and i cant and i realize its still connected to the internet. and its warm. so i umplug it and plug it back in and it works fine, but i call nintendo to make sure its ok. The person says its fine and if it happends again soon, call back. She said if it happends every so often thats fine.....

Hours Later:::::

I turn on my wii to check and e-mail, i shut the wii and turn it back on b/c i want to shut wiiconnect 24, i turn on the wii, and guess what.. No cursor, i try my other wii mote.. no curson, nothing.. so i sync, no good, call nintendo and i go through these steps. The guy tells me to unplug it for a minutes. So he is telling me about how long it would take to get my new one, cause i would have to send mine back first. Sure enough i plug in the wii and it works..... My wii is scaring the heck out of me...:yikes:

Its called a first generation system. Dont tell me you didnt buy a warranty.
I got mine from Target and the warranty was only $30 for three years.:thumbsup:

My wii sometimes freezes during loading times. It black screens like 3 to 4 times a week. kinda freaks me out. =/ Other then that, everything works great.

Darkonix said:
My wii sometimes freezes during loading times. It black screens like 3 to 4 times a week. kinda freaks me out. =/ Other then that, everything works great.

Mine does the same thing I think it's a software issue as it only started doing that when I downloaded Opera and go from Opera to Menu.

Downloading trial software on first generation machines isn't that cool. Dont worry guys, these are things mostly related to firmware/software, or so I guess. I havent connected mine, and its still fine. And you got 1 year for it to blow itself up and get the next version anyway :)

Back