a reply from nintendo about vc

Conan the Librarian said:
no! I have a better idea! Lets give everyone all of our bad games, so for the next five years, we will get one good game a year! That sounds way better. Thats what they advertised right? We can "tap into a classic gaming library" of only bad games.

Do you hang out on DIY websites, telling people not to complain about General Electric when the say their stove isnt working? "Guys, stop complaining seriously, General Electric is the greatest company on earth and can do no harm".

The only VC news is bad news....so thats what people are talking about right now. Deal with it.

It's like they all expect 2 of the greatest games ever, each week. Now we know that's not going to happen. It has to be balanced out because if we only released amazing games eventually we'll run out and then what will people do, complain for a straight 4 years?

The difference is these are RE-RELEASES. I'm going to buy Yoshi's Island regardless of when it comes out.

It would be impossible to complain once all the "good games" are released because we would have nothing to complain about. It's not like after all the games are released we're going to say, "Nintendo really should have waited a few months in between Super Punchout and Pilotwings 64."

I'd be more inclined to try these "experimental rarities" if I had already purchased all the games I wanted anyway. I would say, ok, I've got all the games I think are great, let's try out some of these ones I've never heard of.

What bothers you so much about people voicing a reasonable opinion? Is it free thought? Or the fact that these people don't match your ridiculous post count?

Last edited:
Wow!

CrowTRobot said:
The difference is these are RE-RELEASES. I'm going to buy Yoshi's Island regardless of when it comes out.

It would be impossible to complain once all the "good games" are released because we would have nothing to complain about. It's not like after all the games are released we're going to say, "Nintendo really should have waited a few months in between Super Punchout and Pilotwings 64."

I'd be more inclined to try these "experimental rarities" if I had already purchased all the games I wanted anyway. I would say, ok, I've got all the games I think are great, let's try out some of these ones I've never heard of.

What bothers you so much about people voicing a reasonable opinion? Is it free thought? Or the fact that these people don't match your ridiculous post count?

DAMNNNN. he told u capt.Mcloud! well anyways, lets calm down. theres gonna be games u like and games u dont like on vc. so y all the fuss?

Yeah guys, this got a little blown out of proportion. I was only trying to be funny. The whole "VC sucks argument" is old enough anyway.

CrowTRobot said:

But if you that hyped about a new game wouldn't it be the same circumstance...like Brawl...everyone kept complaining about delays and such.

No, but once all your eagerly anticipated titles are gone what are you going to do once bored...? Wait for the next big game? Oh wait..they are all already gone and now there is nothing left...but...bad games

Games you've never heard of are besides the point, we're talking about all good games. Once they are out and everyone is bored..then wait...no more sales.

What bothers you so much about people voicing a reasonable opinion?

Nothing bothers me about people voicing their thoughts..but now you're countering me...aren't you doing the same? It's a two way street buddy

Is it free thought?

I'm quite the oppressive dictator aren't I?

Or the fact that these people don't match your ridiculous post count?

My post count is irrelevant and nothing to do with this, it is you bringing it up, not me so looks like you're the one bothered by post counts.

Cpt.McCloud said:
But if you that hyped about a new game wouldn't it be the same circumstance...like Brawl...everyone kept complaining about delays and such.

I don't need to be "hyped up" to buy a classic game.

Cpt.McCloud said:
No, but once all your eagerly anticipated titles are gone what are you going to do once bored...? Wait for the next big game? Oh wait..they are all already gone and now there is nothing left...but...bad games
You didn't listen to what I said. Gamers know there is a finite number of great games. Nobody complained before the virtual console came out that there were no more great games for the NES or SNES because those systems are dead. Which is why I said it's impossible to complain once all the games are out because that's all there is.

Cpt.McCloud said:
Games you've never heard of are besides the point, we're talking about all good games. Once they are out and everyone is bored..then wait...no more sales.
So either make no sales now with the crappy games (as is quite evident with the VC sales chart) or make no sales later. The good, well-known games sell. The others don't.

Cpt.McCloud said:
Nothing bothers me about people voicing their thoughts..but now you're countering me...aren't you doing the same? It's a two way street buddy
I never said, "Quit complaining about people complaining." I asked you a question.

Cpt.McCloud said:
I'm quite the oppressive dictator aren't I?
No, you're the guy that thinks since he's such a "presence" on the message board that you're the final word when it comes to topics like this. You'd like to be a mod since you have so much free time, but despite all of your private messages to the admins, you're stuck being a "volunteer sheriff's deputy."

Cpt.McCloud said:
My post count is irrelevant and nothing to do with this, it is you bringing it up, not me so looks like you're the one bothered by post counts.
Trust me, I'm not bothered at all by the fact that you spend a majority of your time online. Although you'd save a lot of money on canisters of compressed air if you ate your Arby's apple pies away from your keyboard once in a while. Just a suggestion.

CrowTRobot said:
I don't need to be "hyped up" to buy a classic game.

Hype, excitement, eager...whatever it is that explains your want for Yoshi's Island.

You didn't listen to what I said. Gamers know there is a finite number of great games. Nobody complained before the virtual console came out that there were no more great games for the NES or SNES because those systems are dead. Which is why I said it's impossible to complain once all the games are out because that's all there is.

I'm just saying that spreading out the games helps, like give them Ocarina of time every one is happy then a little bit after, give them another classic.

So either make no sales now with the crappy games (as is quite evident with the VC sales chart) or make no sales later. The good, well-known games sell. The others don't.

People of cause are going for games they know or are familiar with. Like everyone knows Mario. Of cause the games will sell lots when there is only them...having all together will mean people might not afford some but limiting them out lets people be okay with it all financially and have experience after experience rather than just stuffing it all together. Also there is of cause problems with licensing.

I never said, "Quit complaining about people complaining." I asked you a question.

Yet you still talk about me as if you know me perfectly and think it is okay when all are lies?

No, you're the guy that thinks since he's such a "presence" on the message board that you're the final word when it comes to topics like this.

No, my word isn't final. I appreciated reading everyone's responses.

Trust me, I'm not bothered at all by the fact that you spend a majority of your time online. Although you'd save a lot of money on canisters of compressed air if you ate your Arby's apple pies away from your keyboard once in a while. Just a suggestion.

Then why bring it up if you're not bothered.

--

I'm beginning to like you:)

Last edited:
skidmarx said:
Wait a minute!?! There's a VC sales chart we can look at? Where is it?

On the virtual console. It doesn't give numbers, just an order.

I think what people are overlooking is the massive amount of average games. What's galling about the constant releases of lousy games isn't the fact that we're missing out on great games, but we're also missing out on average, pretty good, and good games. They easilly could release decent playably fun games each week and a great one every once in a while, but a few releases have just been utterly unplayable games. Is there really a single person in the world who enjoyed Urban Champion?

stop complaining their are heaps of good games on VC!!! yes it may be 5-1 ratio of good to bad but thats the same with the wii...

What i've always wondered is why Nintendo didn't use the Everybody Votes channel as more of a tool to get feedback on VC. I think that would be a smart business move for them and an easy way to get customer feedback within parameters they outline.

They can't really have polls because like the reply of the e-mail said it's not only the consumer opinion that effect their decision.

As for the releasing go I think it's a better idea to spread them out evenly. If people check frequently there might be a game that they like but have forgotten, maybe, and would get it. Also if they check frequently they might stumble across a game they like that they've haven't tried before. This won't be happening so much if they just release every good game. People would say "that's VC lifespan" and will never check again. It's a good business decision I think.

I haven' really download much VC games myself, only SMB2 and LoZ:OT, I don't even have time to finish the two yet x_x

Douten said:
They can't really have polls because like the reply of the e-mail said it's not only the consumer opinion that effect their decision.

As for the releasing go I think it's a better idea to spread them out evenly. If people check frequently there might be a game that they like but have forgotten, maybe, and would get it. Also if they check frequently they might stumble across a game they like that they've haven't tried before. This won't be happening so much if they just release every good game. People would say "that's VC lifespan" and will never check again. It's a good business decision I think.

I haven' really download much VC games myself, only SMB2 and LoZ:OT, I don't even have time to finish the two yet x_x
I think they sould still have pools becasue if ppl vote that they like it they are most likly to buy it

Back