All Things MUSIC!

A RAND0M TAC0 said:
theyre good

i need some recommendations for metal, black metal, and hardcore???

anyone have anything worth sharing??? i have 10GB on my zune i wanna fill up

I don't know exactly what classifies as "hardcore" within the context you're using, but if you want some great metal bands, check out Rob Zombie, White Zombie, Megadeth, Metallica, In Flames, Shadows Fall, Slayer, Mushroomhead, Slipknot, Sepultura, Pantera... As for black metal, I'm not a much of a fan myself but you might like to check out Dimmu Borgir, Cradle of Filth, Emperor and some more... There's alot more but I'd be here all night if I listed them all! Feel free to message me if you'd like to discuss this further :)

I saw Flogging Molly a few weeks ago, then a few weeks later I saw MachineHead, Gojira, Trivium, and Lamb of God. This Saturday I'll be purchasing my ticket to Tool.

Currently listening to Mastodon - Blood Mountain.

Cap'n Meow said:
I saw Flogging Molly a few weeks ago, then a few weeks later I saw MachineHead, Gojira, Trivium, and Lamb of God. This Saturday I'll be purchasing my ticket to Tool.

Currently listening to Mastodon - Blood Mountain.

WIICKED :D

I saw Trivium at the Big Day Out and man they went off! Machine Head came by a couple of years back, and if i knew more of their songs i probably would have gone, as a good mate of mine at the time did. Lamb of God are coming real soon and I still gotta get my ticket for them, they should be damn good! Tool came here for part of the Big Day Out, and apparently they're coming back in November... Can't say I'm the biggest Tool fan though.

We've got Stone Sour coming by in May, and Slayer aswell, which I won't be able to see as tickets sold out within the day of them going on sale ARGH!

Hope you have a great time man and keep up the good work :D

I play the bassoon, and am learning the alto saxophone. I can play others too, but those are my two favorites, for sure.

I listen to classical, and jazz, and occasionally some (softer) classic rock.

SOAD, atmosphere, tool, murderdolls, social distortion, fat boy slim, cascada, sneaky sound system, midnight oil, rasputina, the damned, jack off jill, apc, blink182, weird al, beyonce and weezer.

yes. i love my music taste too.

I am learing guitar right now.

push push (lady lightning) is playing right now.

Axtlar said:
My favorite bands are Moenia and Linkin' Park

I have a pick for my guitar that Linkin' Park used on tour. My dad does all these things for famous people. I also play piano and I am learning guitar.

Just some of my favorites:
Bayside, Billy Talent, Cake, Emery, Forgive Durden, The Fratellis, The Fray, Gorillaz, Jack Johnson (don't judge me), Jimmy Eat World, Linkin Park, Maroon 5, The Matches, Modest Mouse, Muse, Mute Math, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Something Corporate, and last, but not least, Weezer

I also play a little guitar and a little piano, both of which I'm trying to improve upon. I'm also know to write lyrics from time to time.

I guess a music profile is in order!

I'm a drummer, I've been playing drums since I got my first kit in 3rd grade. I wanted to play sax, but I broke my arm in elementary school and all I could do was play drums. I loved it, so I stuck with it.

my 8th grade year I was first chair percussion at PMEA Jr. concert Dist 1.

My Freshmen year of highschool I marched top bass (squad leader) and for the 3 years out I marched snare, Jr and Sr year spent as center snare and Drum capt for

Now at my freshmen year of college I am marching bass 4 at the University of Pittsburgh.

Right now I have a 7 pc Tama rockstar. 8,10,12,14,16 toms, 22 bass, 14 snare and an extra piccalo snare to the left of hi hats.

DW 5002 Double bass pedals
Sabian Cymbals:
AAX 14 stage hats
HHX 16 dark crash
HHX 16 stage crash
HHXxplosion 18 dark crash
HHX 16 O-zone crash
AAX 22 stage custom ride

I like a lot of music. Rock, TONS of Regge, a small and select portion of rap, Lots of Ska some metal, TONS of classic rock. But I'll always be a huge fan of all the early 90s alt rock. Hootie and the Blowfish, Gin Blossoms, Spin Doctors, that kind of stuff.

I play for a lot of bands. I never really had a steady band. But if anyone I know needs a drummer for a gig they usually come to me.

and that's about it I guess.

Oh P.S. Gymdawg. Did you get the new Modest Mouse CD yet? It's amazing.

Last edited:
Yep, my brother got it...er...a while ago...
:rolleyes:

And yes, it is a spectacular album. My favorites are March Into The Sea, Parting of the Sensory, Fly Trapped In A Jar, Education, and Steam Engenius (even though I'm quite religious and the song is quite the opposite...)

My favorite band is Modest Mouse.
The new CD leaked like 4 months ago dude and it's okay.
I also enjoy:

Say Hi To Your Mom
The Shins
Final Fantasy
The Dears
The Weepies
Weezer
The Velvet Underground
David Bowie
Smashing Blue
Cold War Kids
Clap Your Hands Say Yeah!
Sunset Rubdown
Of Montreal
Cloud Cult
Apples in Stereo
Beck
Apostle of Hustle
Angry Samoans
The Exploding Hearts
The Briefs
The Ramones
Jesus and the Mary Chain
Oh No! Oh My!
People In Planes
Klaxon
Roxy Music
Pixies
Sublime
Tapes 'n Tapes
Voxtrot
Islands
The Vibrators
TV on The Radio
Bob Dylan
The Doors
The Who
and many many more.

For an even more extensive list consult my last.fm

WOoo new Saxon abum
Currently playing load

Just found a new band a couple of new bands out:

Flogging Molly

Cky

Also, The Killers; I didn't list them though because I didn't just find them, but I did learn more about them and listen to practically every song they've made...

ssbb_lover said:
Just found a new band a couple of new bands out:

Flogging Molly

Cky

Also, The Killers; I didn't list them though because I didn't just find them, but I did learn more about them and listen to practically every song they've made...

Dude, Flogging Molly is the ****.

The Killers are also really good. I was lucky enough to hear them before anyone in my area knew about them. Before they were on the radio, before they had videos on TV. I just somehow stumbled across one of my brothers girlfriends CD's. It was the European release of their first album. I also had the chance to see them live, small venue , first row. It was a pretty sweet show.

Back