Angry at Sony! Rant!

Goose461

Master of all
Dec 16, 2006
I AM SO ANGRY at sony for ripping us all off. True the PS3 graphics are awsome. But has anyone considerd gameplay? This is a big fault in sony because they always seem to bring out terrible games with a modern names and good graphics (especialy with the PS2) and still make a profitable amount out of the gaming industry.
And even then! ALL of sony's Games are made by other companys (3rd party games if i'm correct) So sony are just the ones putting interest into the production of games and not producing original games themselves, yet they get all the credit from rockstar, for games like GTA! FUUUUUUCK! This is why i love nintendo because they create games like Metriod and Zelda, because they are original, made by nintendo! not ubisoft!, not rockstar!, not blizzard! etc.

ANYWAY Another reason i'm pissed off about sony is that, what they have done is moniterd the rival companies, see what they have produced and then just done a mixture between the two, so you have inotive controll scheme and crisp next gen graphics, its not right man, is that ethical in the gaming industry? Just to rip everyone off? And what pisses me off is that its all so blatant! It couldnt be more obviouse what there doing, but you still get typical sony fanboys that have never heard of Zelda defending there preciouse system. And i have heard no decent argument for what they are doing, the best defence is that "nah teh graphiKS are SICK inNIT" *Sigh* I think its got to the point that i'm so sick of these ppl that i think they dont realise if they wanted better graphics they could just go outside.

Sonys virtual console rip off.....downloading PS1 games? WHY! jesus most of them suck anyway so are we realy willing to buy old sucky games for what will probably cost more that nintendo VC games? I dont think so.

Hmmm what else to rant about......rumble feature? Well that was the first innotive feature ever...and better yet it works! So why take it away? But cant give them a bad time about that realy . Its not to bigger deal.

Well its not just Nintendo and Microsoft fans they are pissing off its.....Sony fans =O! Simply over pricing there system and putting a shitty backwards compatablity that make the graphics slightly worse and only plays certain games.

I think you all get my points, feel free to comment or even argue! I'll be happy to respond

Downloading PS1 Games?!? WTF Sony??? I mean they don't even make there own games, so they will be selling Games from rival companies from which they will make money from them, WTF???

SONY ARE GUNNA DIE!!! DIE YOU ASS HOLES! DIE!!!

No they wont sell rival games, They sell games which they have not produced themselves but have licensed for the console.

Goose461 said:
No they wont sell rival games, They sell games which they have not produced themselves but have licensed for the console.
think about it if ps3 loses 3rd party games they are left next to nothing plus wii has taken over japan sonys main moneymaker

its a desperate attempt... sony has enough faithful fans to keep them alive its when sony does this stupid "forced format" that they have done time and time again and ended up killing there products at the expensive of there loyal customers... go find a good sony product history site and you will see what i mean... and i love sony they make some of the best electronics in the world, and there consoles are no less... problem is this time around most consumers are tech sauvey enough to know what is and isnt worth there electronics money... and then to toss that risk on one of there younger crowds ontop of that, with not alot of money to spend...
they hung them self, and are continuing to hang themself, but like any major company they will be stuborn about it. i hope they make it, its a tough space to fill. hopefully the top management making these calls gets some sence put into them or there position taken away...
i know even without the ps3 or blueray taking off sony will still be around, but with out atleast some sucess in one of them alot of customers, and even worse employess of sony are going to be hurt by managements bad ideas...

you dont have to lie cheat and steal sony... you got plenty of fans already, just be yourself and cut off the unneeded fat...

Last edited:
No need to get so angry. Sony is losing. Once Nintendo sells 10 million units it's over. That's 10 million 360, and 10 million Wii units vs 1-2 million PS3 units. A 10:1 market rario is called market suicide. Now we'll hopefully see game prices drop $10-$20 from all consoles. The game industry has already shifted gears towards making more mini games rather than full production games.

Goose461 said:
I AM SO ANGRY at sony for ripping us all off. True the PS3 graphics are awsome. But has anyone considerd gameplay? This is a big fault in sony because they always seem to bring out terrible games with a modern names and good graphics (especialy with the PS2) and still make a profitable amount out of the gaming industry.
And even then! ALL of sony's Games are made by other companys (3rd party games if i'm correct) So sony are just the ones putting interest into the production of games and not producing original games themselves, yet they get all the credit from rockstar, for games like GTA! FUUUUUUCK! This is why i love nintendo because they create games like Metriod and Zelda, because they are original, made by nintendo! not ubisoft!, not rockstar!, not blizzard! etc.
ANYWAY Another reason i'm pissed off about sony is that, what they have done is moniterd the rival companies, see what they have produced and then just done a mixture between the two, so you have inotive controll scheme and crisp next gen graphics, its not right man, is that ethical in the gaming industry? Just to rip everyone off? And what pisses me off is that its all so blatant! It couldnt be more obviouse what there doing, but you still get typical sony fanboys that have never heard of Zelda defending there preciouse system. And i have heard no decent argument for what they are doing, the best defence is that "nah teh graphiKS are SICK inNIT" *Sigh* I think its got to the point that i'm so sick of these ppl that i think they dont realise if they wanted better graphics they could just go outside.

Sonys virtual console rip off.....downloading PS1 games? WHY! jesus most of them suck anyway so are we realy willing to buy old sucky games for what will probably cost more that nintendo VC games? I dont think so.

Hmmm what else to rant about......rumble feature? Well that was the first innotive feature ever...and better yet it works! So why take it away? But cant give them a bad time about that realy . Its not to bigger deal.

Well its not just Nintendo and Microsoft fans they are pissing off its.....Sony fans =O! Simply over pricing there system and putting a shitty backwards compatablity that make the graphics slightly worse and only plays certain games.

I think you all get my points, feel free to comment or even argue! I'll be happy to respond
read the first couple paragraphs, comments so far:
sonys strategy was to rely on third parties, nintendo making thier own games is what killed the n64 and gamecube, and gameplay is just perfect on the ps3...its how it was meant to be, and how over 100 million people liked it
and sony dosent rip you off at all
ninty does, they make a profit out of the console, sony loses $300-400
and blu ray is outselling hddvd so it makes since that we would want cheap blu ray players
backward compatiabilty isnt that shitty at all, its only select games that get minor screw ups
they couldnt use rumble because they were sued by immersion, the maker of rumble
ps1 killed the n64 completley, if you dont think it had killer games then your on another planet, just because YOU dont like the games, dosent mean their bad games

No need to get so angry. Sony is losing. Once Nintendo sells 10 million units it's over. That's 10 million 360, and 10 million Wii units vs 1-2 million PS3 units. A 10:1 market rario is called market suicide. Now we'll hopefully see game prices drop $10-$20 from all consoles. The game industry has already shifted gears towards making more mini games rather than full production games.
the gaming industry has not shifted towards mini games, only for the wii, since people are just trying to make a quick buck with gimicky things exploiting the wii controls

Last edited:
Oh, for Christ's sake Sovieto!! being a profit maker doesn't make it a rip-off! I think it's actually worth the money you pay! I'm not saying the PS3 isn't worth it, i mean I love mine, but let it go already! And...um...if it can't play all the BC games, that's sucky BC in my book. other than that I agree perfectly with your post.

Ruman said:
Oh, for Christ's sake Sovieto!! being a profit maker doesn't make it a rip-off! I think it's actually worth the money you pay! I'm not saying the PS3 isn't worth it, i mean I love mine, but let it go already! And...um...if it can't play all the BC games, that's sucky BC in my book. other than that I agree perfectly with your post.
well when people talk about rip offs, the only way ps3 could you off is blu ray, which is winning, so its not, so then yuo just have to go for hwo much bang you get for your buck, and in that case wii rips you off

lol, there are a few points I disagree with.

If you cared about games so much you'd realise PS3 has them. MGS4, Ratchet and Clank 4, Devil May Cry, and Final Fantasy just to name a few.

Why would you care about original games if the system will have a lot of awesome 3rd party support that make the games above?

I like my system to have the best graphics. Sorry, but games are visual and graphics can help make the experience better.

Yes, it is overpriced.

Last edited:
You know, if Sony do lose money for every PS3 console sold, why would they make them? Don't say to entertain us, that's got to be utter bollocks. Yet you could never call £180 a rip-off compared to £425, I don't want to have to right a lengthy post to elaborate on that.

Have to add that the PS1 didn't "kill" the N64, it was more close than you think but of course the PS1 was better, yet name me some all time classics that came from it.

Chaz said:
You know, if Sony do lose money for every PS3 console sold, why would they make them? Don't say to entertain us, that's got to be utter bollocks. Yet you could never call £180 a rip-off compared to £425, I don't want to have to right a lengthy post to elaborate on that.

Have to add that the PS1 didn't "kill" the N64, it was more close than you think but of course the PS1 was better, yet name me some all time classics that came from it.
well
overtime ps1 killed it, it was out overrall longer so yah
and its a strategy xbox1 started, give the consumer great technology with loss on your side, and hope to make up for it in software
xbox started it
then xbox 360 furthered it
and now ps3

Who cares what Sony does, as long as there are great games for the Wii it is irrelevant. 3rd party dev support is important for any console, so no one is giving sony credit for those games really.

But when it comes to games like Assasins Creed, Devil May Cry, Oblivion and those kind of games the devs just aren't making them for Wii and it has nothing to do with Sony. It is because of other factors.

Sovieto said:
well when people talk about rip offs, the only way ps3 could you off is blu ray, which is winning, so its not, so then yuo just have to go for hwo much bang you get for your buck, and in that case wii rips you off

Blue ray might be winning but its still not caught on, i doubt it will ever catch on... thats like saying minidisk is better than 8track dude... doesnt matter no ones buying it so who cares... dvd style media is over.. they were too late in the game... dvd sales slip everyday... and every hddvd and blueray disk sold together is still less than one hit movie on dvd.... they are both great formats i wont argue that.. they hold tones of info.. and are great but in todays age when all you do is click "buy" on your HD box to get a movie of the same quality for a 5th the price who will bother buying a blueray or Hddvd?

in touch with the wii said:
think about it if ps3 loses 3rd party games they are left next to nothing plus wii has taken over japan sonys main moneymaker

Hell no! Sony has bin ruined since 05 No one even buys their TVs anymore. Nintendo is the main game company in japan.

-BTW guitaer hero, FF, and mabey kingdom hearts are comming to wii.

Back