Animal Crossing MMO in the works?

nic7

Wiichat Member
Aug 22, 2006
Iowa, America
Wii Online Code
8853-1952-9704-6115
Two sources are saying that an Animal Crossing MMO maybe in the works. Of course, for it to be any good Nintendo would have to get rid of friend codes (Unless someone can think of way it won't have to?) and probably add a hard drive and headset support. I would say these aren't things you can rule out here, just not very likely.

Definitely still refer to this as a rumor but with Brawl, Wiiware, Mario Kart, and maybe this coming next year maybe Nintendo is finally getting it, this whole online thing.

What do u guys say? Could it Work?

Sources:

http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=7666&Itemid=59

http://computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=174265

Last edited:
Actually yes..
Now the friend codes and headset, I'm not to sure about.
Animal Crossing Wii is planned for 08 Q4 or 09 Q1.
There will also be another Harvest Moon...

But when it comes out, friendcodes will still be in play.
And it probally won't feature headset support

I think the Wii will definitely have headset support by the end of 08. (Most likely debuting in Mario Kart or Brawl) so I'm not to worried there. I'm mostly worried about storage, the ability to meet and trade with people you meet and how it will overall work.

Will there just be random towns where you can set up shop and not know any one there?
Will you just venture into a random town without any knowledge of it?
Or will it just put large quantities of people in certain towns which nintendo names the ability to sail or ride trains to neighboring towns to visit and see what's in there town? (The best way to go IMO. But also the least likely)

It needs to be extremely costimizable, the towns must be huge, you must have the ability to move in with friends, play vc games through Animal Crossing, and it must be at least somewhat child friendly. (Or at least as child friendly as an MMO gets)

Actually it would be absolutely amazing if they made the towns not covered by mountains like in the first 2 and they put some sort of main central town where everyone can visit and trade. They could also not have a certain set size for a town so people can build their houses all over it, they could make Islands where you have to have a complete mortgage to gain access to, quest like things where you can gain access to items by winning races against computers or even humans, usb keyboard support, and make it so there are over 500 different animals to be seen.

I've never played animal crossing before, but I intend to look into this title. The whole idea of an mmo doesn't seem to go well with Nintendo, so I wouldn't expect it.

Btw, why are Animal Crossing and Harvest Moon always brought up with each other? Coincidence?

Monsteroids said:
hmmm... unlikely since Ninty has their cheap onlie FC system
how clever :rolleyes:

normal mmo dialogue said:
STFU u N0oBFVK3r Hack$h1t3tr My guy ax1va11y pwn3d ur a$$. Moth3rFvck3r B1tchl1ck3r. artard3d l0$3r! ar$3fvck3r. N0 HaXx0rZ H3r3! GTFO m0F0L1ck3xorZ!!! mY guy i$ u1tIm8 pwnage!!!!!!!

butt$ecks w a Go@T.

Child friendliness and MMOs just don't work together. Believe it or not someone typed that at me when I beat them on like... some old game called Conqueror or of the sort.

Ain't it just Leve.

Last edited:
actually it IS in the works and it will use Wii Connect24 and when the your Wii is off friends can still visit your town. not srue if this info is confirmed or not but..... its what i heard.

SensesFail said:
actually it IS in the works and it will use Wii Connect24 and when the your Wii is off friends can still visit your town. not srue if this info is confirmed or not but..... its what i heard.

Yeah, it was confirmed at E3 06 i believe that it would use these functions. But that doesn't necessarily mean that the game is an MMO. It could very well be the same kind of game as the first two. Hopefully Nintendo releases a statement soon...

animal crossing DS kept me entertained for weeks. thats saying something cause usually i get bored with a game in a few days (its bad, i know lol)

Back