Another Question About my Wii's Safety

billy_talent

WiiChat Member
Nov 19, 2006
Hah, I'm a little over-protective of my Wii here folks. So I heard its a bad thing to have the little thing sitting on carpet, but mines situated like so:
lolfg9.jpg

It's standing on a 1 inch high piece of wood in my TV stand. Is that going to keep my baby safe? The grey represents carpet.

And excuse me for the crappy drawing.

It really doesn't matter where you put your Wii, carpet's fine. Something else entirely will likely be the first thing to go wrong with your Wii anyway. :D

LAWL, a lot of you have too much spare time ^^

but a little more on topic, i couldnt imagine anything going wrong with it on the carpet o_o unless you had a dog or cat or something, then the hairs would mess your Wii up pretty bad.

I am sure that the Wii will be fine on any surface, but I keep mine on a separate desk to avoid dust from the floor entering the console.

i hope ur tv isnt slanted like that..it might slide off and break something(like a toe) just wondering why u made it like that..and it should be fine

psst I don't think they've realised yet, but these "rapper" guys sound like utter idiots.

I keep mine on a chest of draws kinda thing and I've never had a problem.

billy_talent said:
Hah, I'm a little over-protective of my Wii here folks. So I heard its a bad thing to have the little thing sitting on carpet, but mines situated like so:
lolfg9.jpg

It's standing on a 1 inch high piece of wood in my TV stand. Is that going to keep my baby safe? The grey represents carpet.

And excuse me for the crappy drawing.

Are you in a relationship with your nintendo wii?

Should be fine on the board, any electronics such that have fans or generate much heat should never be on carpet FYI.

Leads to consoles getting hotter as the carpet acts as an insulator. As well static electricity has a lot more possiblity of zapping electronics on carpet, plus you gather dust / dirt more easily

awdawg said:
Should be fine on the board, any electronics such that have fans or generate much heat should never be on carpet FYI.

Leads to consoles getting hotter as the carpet acts as an insulator. As well static electricity has a lot more possiblity of zapping electronics on carpet, plus you gather dust / dirt more easily

So that's the reason. I can't believe I didn't see if before :crazy: .

awdawg said:

i cant believe so many people are ignorant to such simple precautions. this guy put it well, and theres nothing wrong with taking care of your hard earned belongings. its always obvious who has been spoon fed their whole lives. change your own damn oil you panzies!!

waaaa my wii is making hissing noises, but i was too damn dumb to realize the fan might actually suck up my nasty dingleberries off my shag carpeting the wii is immersed in.

doesnt everyone use the stand that comes with the Wii?

obviously Nintendo have designed it to sit on a flat surface, in the year ive had mine, ( i know it's not exactly a year), it hasnt moved from the side of my TV Cabinet, it hasnt been pee'd on by my cat, and my Carpet hasnt started to invade the fans or the disc slot.

using the stand means there is nothing actually touching the Carpet.

Back