Feb 14, 2009
I'm trying to make an Anti-Psychic Pokemon and so far I have this:

Lucario:
Shadow Claw
Exremespeed,
Close Combat,
Earthquake/Stone Edge

Item...I'm not sure yet.
But I want it to have an Adamant Nature...
Any Suggestions?

Lucario is fairly anti psychic as it is..
As it stands, lets talk about the "standard Lucario"

Adamant@ Focus Sash
Swords Dance
Extreme Speed
Close Combat
Shadow Claw/Crunch/Stone Edge

If you seriously are wanting an anti psychic, go with crunch. However, Extreme Speed, well, should take care of ANY psychic you come in contact with, baring cressila. Stone edge covers a whole lot better...

Personaly, I like to run with Extreme speed AND Bullet Punch..
After a dance, Bullet Punch cleans up gengars and other fast dudes, gaining the stab, and then let close combat do the major cleaning.

Best, is figurative man...

Personaly, I run a modified reversal lucario...
I know plenty who use special luke....

Special (attacking) Luke(ario). :p

I've run plenty of Lucario sets. Triple priority (Extreme speed, Bullet Punch, Mach Punch, Swords Dance), Choice Specs, reversal, standard Swords Dance set, etc. Considering Lucario's my favorite pokemon, I have some good knowledge on him.

For anti-psychic, it's as simple as taking any set and slapping Crunch for physical sets or Shadow Ball for special sets on it, most sets do well with the move anyways.

So...You can easily make an Anti-Psychic Lucario without trying?

Ya, very much so. Extremespeed and Crunch, staples on his regular movesets, smash nearly all psychics right there. Lucario may be fighting type, but with steel dual typing and a great movepool, smashing psychics is easy.

i personally find Shadow Claw works better than Crunch. then again, i almost always get a critical when i hit a psychic with it

Normal types are immune to Shadow Claw, and Shadow Claw also have lower BP than Crunch, so... yeah. Crunch's 10 base power boost (20 when Super Effective) is detrimental for certain OHKO's and 2HKO's, so Shadow Claw is best for relying on hax, i.e. defeating Cress'. Putting a critical hit up to chance is very... stupid, though. Hax just isn't the way a competitive battler should go.

Back