Anti-Psychic Lucario

kings rock evolves alot of dif. pkmn by trade...

But it seems all its evolved pkmn have fallen off the face of the earth cuz I havent heard of a kings rock evolved pokemon, in what? 5years??

I forgot most of its evolutions...
But if anyone has a kingsrock and a polywhirl, Pm me :p

What a King's Rock have to do with it?
I thought it justs evolves Slowbro into Slowking.

Lol no. Just as Lastwords mentioned, it evolves multiple pokemon. It's not the reason why I mentioned it, though. When used as a held item, certain moves have a chance to flinch the enemy; even if the move doesn't normally have a flinch effect. As far as I know, a move that has a chance of flinching is technically increased when King's Rock is held.

It's a hax item though, so it's generally looked down apon in the competitive community. I wouldn't be suprised if pokes in the battle frontier used it regularly, though. -.-; (I've already seen it happen in battle)

Ya, Razor Fang does the same thing. Ironically, it also evolves Gliscor. I never really thought of it, but Razor Fang and King's Rock are practically clones of eachother; King's Rock evolves more than one poke, though.

So that's how that one move made me Flinch...
I think Paraflinchusion is just a waste of Moves. But it does sound effective. If I wasn't such an Offensive freak I'd probably use it.

Quick question then....
Is this a defensive build?

Togekiss@Leftovers
Serene Grace
Calm 252 HP / 6 Def / 252 SpD

~ Body Slam / Thunder Wave
~ Air Slash
~ Roost
~ Aura Sphere / Nasty Plot / Substitute / Water Pulse

Para-Flinch-Fusion on a verry offensive poke that will sweep you.

As long as you have T-wave, I think a defensive Togekiss would work great. T-waving special attackers and roosting off your special weaknesses (Ice and Electric) is effective. To be honest though, I think you'd get more milage out of it if you bulked it up with defense EVs and a def+ nature (Bold). Unless you need a poke specially bulky, defense EVs are a wiser choice since most strong special attackers are 2HKO'd anyways, and with paraflinch it's a cinch to get rid of them. Meanwhile, if you don't have Aura Sphere TTar will pretty much domilish you with Stone Edge, even if you roost off your Rock weakness, a crit would do you in probably. Without Sp. atk EVs Weavile can Ice Punch you hard before you 20HKO it.

Paraflinchusion Togekiss... cheapness to the max. Water/Flying covers a good amount of types as well, right? Not as good as Normal/Water, but... eh. I honestly wouldn't press my luck with that strategy though. Aura Sphere just seems necesarry for the coverage on Weavile/TTar. You can still run Water Pulse, though.

I also wouldn't recommend Nasty Plot, it's a defensive build as you said, right? Certainly not an outright sweeper. Substitutes a good idea on pen and paper, but if they pull off an attack, your sub will probably vanish, whether it be after the switch or you took necesarry time to make a sub.

So I'd personally recommend this as a defensive build.

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Serene Grace
Bold, 252 HP/ 252 Def/ 6 SpD

T-wave
Air Slash
Roost
Aura Sphere/Water Pulse/Substitute

Hey CK, you know I was useing a little bit of synical sarcasm to the idea of offensive and defensive as he was defining it....While it is not a balls to the wall offensive threat, it is a threat that stays on the aggressive side (and that was the point)

Also, that is the standard togekiss that I just added water pulse to, since water/normal has great coverage, that we already mentioned that...
Bodyslam/Waterpulse....

Give me a little more credit than that CK

Hey CK, you know I was useing a little bit of synical sarcasm to the idea of offensive and defensive as he was defining it...

It wasn't very obvious, then. >.> ... Or maybe I'm just stupid/not paying much attention. :p

Also, that is the standard togekiss that I just added water pulse to, since water/normal has great coverage, that we already mentioned that...
Bodyslam/Waterpulse....

Ya, as I said previously water/normal has great coverage. The problem is that Body Slam barely taps an enemy, even if it's nuetral. Body Slam is used for paralysis after all, not damage, sort of voiding the Water/Normal offensive coverage IMO.

Besides, T-wave is more useful for that guarenteed paralysis if it's paired with Water Pulse, you'll probably be confusing AND hitting ground types SE.

Pokemon games online sound great, but I've heard people have ruined the online with hacks and other bull. Is that true? Sorry if its off topic, but I wanna know and I don't feel like creating a thread just to ask this question.

Pokemon games online sound great, but I've heard people have ruined the online with hacks and other bull. Is that true? Sorry if its off topic, but I wanna know and I don't feel like creating a thread just to ask this question.

Its an entirely valid question, and most of online is great.
There are 3 sort of players online
Not Hacked in any sort of way.
Hacked, and brutaly apparent...
Verry skilled, and if hacked, still following the rules. (speed breeding, makeing legit iv spreads)
Things like that....

Also, I actualy prefer the bodyslam for the lack of physical def pokes, and it is sortof a fake out. People expect the T-wave, so they switch to ground, ect..

If people are going to switch to ground, you're better off using Water Pulse, lol. Super effective hit and confusion's not a bad deal, yeah?

Its a choice in building that is pre-predicting the metagame...
Meta-meta gameing?

Metagaming the metagame, lulz. But ya, I see your point. I still think T-wave > Body Slam when paired with Water Pulse, though.

Back