Any date announced on the 500 point refund for the browser yet?

This is for anyone who brings up the DMCA or whatever.

On the contrary, I'm very proud of it.

I work as a software developer (not games). If people stole our software I would lose my job.

I'm also a Nintendo shareholder. My shares are worth less when people steal the games. So you're stealing from me.

If people were honest, they wouldn't need security at all.

So if someone breaks a window in your house and steals all your stuff, they can just use the excuse that your windows should not have broken so easily?

Oh, and it's not illegal, depending if you have the original game and console, which I do.

That's a common misconception. It is illegal.

Cracking the protection violates the DMCA, it doesn't matter what else you own.

When you're older, you'll understand.

Ah, where have I heard this before.. :lol:
Okay, so after being busted and arrested for bypassing the DMCA for installing a modchip, certain factors apply.
Now, there are certain modchips to video consoles, such as WiiKey and all of them, but they are illegal in 'certain' areas. In other words, if caught modifying video games with those, you will be arrested for a maximum of 10 or so years. Such as my friend I knew. He possesed one wayy back in Canada, and it's very illegal to have modchips, so he was arrested, and waiting currently for conviction. Now, in the U.S. of A., only certain parts of the states have this law, like California, or whatever. Now, for downloading games freely, YOU MUST OWN THE ORIGINAL CONSOLE "AND" GAME. Doing this is called backing up your game, and though it is strongly frowned upon, it would only be illegal if you downloaded it w/o owning the console AND game. So, I was okay upon that part. Another thing, the DMCA was only considered into effect if you HAD A MODCHIP INSTALLED ON THE WII! Why didn't this apply to me? Because I never had a modchip installed, instead, I soft-modded. Now, if the DMCA rewrote the records saying anything about softmodding, yes, that would be illegal. So, after a good 4 or so month of threats of being arrested, and blah, blah, blah, they finally figured that I haven't broken ANY law whatsoever through various proofs and what not. Also, another thing, it also depends on the type of technical device you are modding. Nintendo recently had a talk with me, through phone, and they said that if caught doing anything aunothrized, they would ban me access to WiFi games, and what not. Also, they warn you that if you update, there is a particular risk of your Wii being bricked. But, they are not interested in suing or prosecuting anyone who hacks. They never told me why, but common sense tells me that it would be a long drawn-out process, and it would be forever until they can prosecute a particular person. So, that's why they told me to hack at my own risk. So, don't tell me anything about breaking the DMCA or crap, because I already wen through my battles, and I'm just telling you what I'm experienced. So, good day.

so you think its ok just cause you're exploiting a loophole in the law. while you can't be prosecuted or arrested because of it, it's still wrong and you're taking away from the people that do things the right way. you shouldn't be proud of it.

personally i hate people like you that hack and think its ok to hack. hacking is wrong and is illeagal, loophole or not.

I wouldn't really call it hacking,but whatever no need to get jealous of others.
Still I like to buy my games and pass them on my own.
As for the refund,Im not in too much of a hurry to get them back.

So, don't tell me anything about breaking the DMCA or crap, because I already wen through my battles, and I'm just telling you what I'm experienced. So, good day.

Fascinating experience. Regardless, there's no moral argument you can make in favor of your point of view.

You're indirectly steeling from my retirement fund and I would lose my job if everyone thought the same as you.

So, don't tell me anything about breaking the DMCA or crap, because I already wen through my battles, and I'm just telling you what I'm experienced. So, good day.

Fascinating experience. Regardless, there's no moral argument you can make in favor of your point of view.

You're indirectly steeling from my retirement fund and I would lose my job if everyone thought the same as you.

True, I really can't say anything there. :lol:
But, not many people are as smart as me, :lol:
Hacking in this kind of way is harder than what most people think, I would say that there is about only 10% of people that can hack like me, the rest are either non-hackers, or just simple hackers. XD

Hacking in this kind of way is harder than what most people think, I would say that there is about only 10% of people that can hack like me, the rest are either non-hackers, or just simple hackers. XD

Congratulations on your amazing abilities in depriving people of their livelihood. Do you realize how many development studios have shut down in the last few years?

Congratulations on your amazing abilities in depriving people of their livelihood. Do you realize how many development studios have shut down in the last few years?

Yeah, yeah.
Well, I sense we are getting off topic, so let's end it while we can.

Thank you, so what's everyone's favorite NES game?

Mine is Super Mario Bros. 3 and Balloon Fight ^^

Received refund last night with a "shop channel update".

I was hoping the channel would actually be updated (Loving the nintendo channel update) but nothing's different besides the refund button.

I have no idea which game to pick! o (>w<) o

Well my favorite NES game so far is Super Mario Bros. 3. Did you download that one yet?

I'm thinking of downloading Balloon Fight (Played it alot in the first Animal Crossing!) but I think I'm going to have my NES generation expert (My mother ^w^ b) pick one for me.

lol i got web for free dang nintendo! why didt i just pay 500 wii points 4 it i want ice climbers :lol:

Back