any idea about the metroid movie

I'd like to see a Metroid movie, but I just know it'll turn out to be trash. However, an MGS movie would absolutely rock!

Metroid Movie

Sup, I'm Zef and my partner is Jhon we are working on a Script for the "Metroid Movie" in hope's of presenting the final draft to Zide/Perry Entertainment. We been working on the Script for 8 month's, both agree to start the story off with "Super Metroid" do to the fact that "Metroid" really didnt have a storyline to it. The intro of the movie will start off just like the Super Metroid Game, seen on Samus Myspace(E-Mail to [email protected]). Any help of ideas you guys can throw at use would be Appreciated on making this game-to-movie adaption work were others failed. Jhon and I are Disappointed with the way movie's are being made by people who never played, or ask people for there Opinion's on how to go on making one. Hoping that one day website would be put up so people can interact with writers, directors and help them make movie that everyone would agree on, so let's start here with "Metroid" being the first movie done by people who played and love the game, idea's by the fan's that surf the net waiting for that day when metroid will have a release date. Counting down till the day Samus Aran is on the Big Screen. :yikes:

Last edited:
Samus8686 said:
Sup, I'm Zef and my partner is Jhon we are working on a Script for the "Metroid Movie" in hope's of presenting the final draft to Zide/Perry Entertainment. We been working on the Script for 8 month's, both agree to start the story off with "Super Metroid" do to the fact that "Metroid" really didnt have a storyline to it. The intro of the movie will start off just like the Super Metroid Game, seen on Samus Myspace(E-Mail to [email protected]). Any help of ideas you guys can throw at use would be Appreciated on making this game-to-movie adaption work were others failed. Jhon and I are Disappointed with the way movie's are being made by people who never played, or ask people for there Opinion's on how to go on making one. Hoping that one day website would be put up so people can interact with writers, directors and help them make movie that everyone would agree on, so let's start here with "Metroid" being the first movie done by people who played and love the game, idea's by the fan's that surf the net waiting for that day when metroid will have a release date. Counting down till the day Samus Aran is on the Big Screen. :yikes:
Does John Woo still have the rights to Metroid? I know he purchased the option for the movie like 4 years ago but I have not heard anything since then.

http://movies.ign.com/articles/504/504765p1.html

Also this 4 year old article states that Zide/Perry Entertainment lost the option to Woo.

Last edited:
Samus8686 said:
Warren Zide and Craig Perry of Zide/Perry Entertainment have bought the rights to a Metroid feature film, Nothing has been particularly confirmed, other than the pair's plans to find a decent writer and director to adapt the property.
Yea, but that was 5 years ago. According to that article above, they lost the option 4 years ago to Woo.

Did they buy the option back?

yup your right, John Woo did buy them back that's my bad lol, guess I should start getting John Woo INFO.

Casting Call: Samus Aran

Which actress would you pick to play the tough but sexy bounty hunter in a Metroid.

In response to Metroid not having a story: Just because the game doesn't force the story down you're throat with more expostion than gameplay doesn't mean that there isn't a story there. The Metroid series is a great story about a simple human orphan who was given the chance to avenge her parent and ended up saving the universe multiple times from multiple threats. From Space Pirates to Phazon and Ridley to the X virus, there's all sorts of backstory and plot if people would just bother to acknowledge it. Everybody loves Zelda so damn much, but I can say the same thing about it that people say about Metroid.
"A, durr.... There's some goblins and some magic and you go kill Ganon to save Princess Zelda." Over and over again.
Jezz, at least Metroid changes. Every single Zelda game is the same with the exception of whatever new gameplay mechanic they decide to add. Go to dungeon, get new item, use item to kill boss, go to next dungeon. Repeat til' finished. Anyways, I think a Metroid movie would be great. It's just to bad we'll probably never see it.

Elogotar said:
In response to Metroid not having a story: Just because the game doesn't force the story down you're throat with more expostion than gameplay doesn't mean that there isn't a story there. The Metroid series is a great story about a simple human orphan who was given the chance to avenge her parent and ended up saving the universe multiple times from multiple threats. From Space Pirates to Phazon and Ridley to the X virus, there's all sorts of backstory and plot if people would just bother to acknowledge it. Everybody loves Zelda so damn much, but I can say the same thing about it that people say about Metroid.
"A, durr.... There's some goblins and some magic and you go kill Ganon to save Princess Zelda." Over and over again.
Jezz, at least Metroid changes. Every single Zelda game is the same with the exception of whatever new gameplay mechanic they decide to add. Go to dungeon, get new item, use item to kill boss, go to next dungeon. Repeat til' finished. Anyways, I think a Metroid movie would be great. It's just to bad we'll probably never see it.
Come on dont say that John and I been working on this Script for 8 months, Big Fan of the game, it's just that Super Metroid has an very good intro. Just to see that live action on the big screen would....Man give me the shivers lol. But Phazon and X Virus would be for the later part of the movie, it's going to be the first of it's kind so I Think we would have to start small. We do only have 1hr 30min for BackStory and Plot to give people who dont know what Metroid is.

Elogotar said:

i dont mean to start an argument here but something needs to be said:

the zelda series has a story and it is by far not the same every game

there is no such thing as a logical zelda story line because of the simple fact that every game functions as its own independent story itself

i am assuming that your arguments are based from the POV of someone that either:
a) does not play zelda
b) played one zelda and didnt like it or
c) was deprived of it as a child and is now in denial

i will grant you that metroid is a truly fantastic game series grounded in history and excellence but dont be dissin on my zelda man...every zelda game has a great story, its not my fault your just too lazy to read the text and hold in your potty break till after the cutscenes

well zelda games do have amazing stories but the underlying story for the whole series is so messed up. Nintendo needs to set the canon for us and let us know the sequence of the games. I have watched a few different things but they still dont know for sure. But, all in all every zelda game has a wonderful story.

Back