Any ideas for stage builder yet?

I'm thinking of a tetris stage too with falling block and of course tetris background music!! ahh that'll be dope w

Is the level builder really that powerful to be able to make some of the stuff you guys are talking about? Traps? Regenerating platforms? Falling blocks?

Skorp said:
Is the level builder really that powerful to be able to make some of the stuff you guys are talking about? Traps? Regenerating platforms? Falling blocks?

It does have falling blocks that regenerate. Along with spikes that you could make traps with.

Example: http://youtube.com/watch?v=YmFhcebChAI

untitled-3.jpg

That's my stage Idea (No Stealing, lol), there is only one hole in the top to get out of the box, and if you fly out there without dying, you most likely will land on the spikes

there are probably moving and reappearing platforms, but no hidden doors, or the ability to actually make the platform... everything is predecided, and you just choose where it goes...

Really, one person before the game on your stage says"i am the greatest!no one's ever beaten me you guys are all losers i bet i wont even die!"
You: (quietly) lets hope you dont respawn on the spikes.
Him:What?
You:eek:h...nothin ok
Him: Wtf?i keep dieing on these spikes!?why???(sobbing) i hate you im gunna go cry in my car for a while.....:(

lol

Blips said:
is there a way to specify player spawn locations ?
No there isn't. It just requires you to have a normal platform so the character can spawn on when making a map. If there's a custom spawn location people might take advantage of it and make maps where certain spawn spots will be bad :x

comparing what we will be able to do with maps to what nintendo has already put in maps will be nothing. then again if we had total capability that might be overwhelming.

Lugia said:
comparing what we will be able to do with maps to what nintendo has already put in maps will be nothing. then again if we had total capability that might be overwhelming.
Yeah. I think one of the points they considered is that they don't want us to play custom maps only and forget about the real stages. That's why they limit the background, blocks are only one(or two) colors, etc. I still think they could have add a little more, but I understand where they're coming from.

Back