Delay remorce.

Vedelkin10

Henshin A Go Go Baby!
May 31, 2007
Well as you know of the first hour of the first day that it was annouced that SSBB would be delayed to Feb 10 I'd say 90% of people who wanted SSBB we're so angry they litterally went mentally constipated.. now since it's been a while since the anger of Wii owners had heard about the horrid Delay and now are we starting to relize that the delay is begining to be worth it, After the Update on the dojo (Stage Builder, And im guessing that- that main reason for the delay, Online conection and new levels everyday, I mean damn And they said it was a plan so im guessing it took them a few weeks to work on it and im guessing that was the reason for the delay-

This is our ideal current plan. We still don’t know the exact service period. And future tuning may result in changes to the spec.

But for now, please look forward to it!
(from the dojo update "stage builder")

sort of cooled me down about 70% more and i'm figuring that the delay is going to be totally worth it just as everybody thinks it will, So do you feel some what remorce for that Delay Anger?..

I think the delay should be extended till Brawl becomes perfect (Or includes Ridley as a playable :D)

amirreza said:
I think the delay should be extended till Brawl becomes perfect (Or includes Ridley as a playable :D)
RIDLEY omg Forget that dude, All i want is Viewtifull joe in x-x..

definitely starting to be worth it. i jus want this to be PERFECT!!!!

and of course, you cant rush perfection, so its been delayed for the best. i hope they take the time and add the BEST character that I think is perfect for this game................

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h89/HUGO15-*****/Brawlskullkid.jpg

i doubt that's the sole reason for the delay, it was casually announced on the dojo and the first wi-fi update it said "look forward to new things that uses wi-fi"

and it wouldn't take that long to make it, tools liek that have been put in games that were more advanced, and that was a while too..

i didn't really feel remorse, as i am sure that sora are trying their best

mushroomedmario said:
i doubt that's the sole reason for the delay, it was casually announced on the dojo and the first wi-fi update it said "look forward to new things that uses wi-fi"

and it wouldn't take that long to make it, tools liek that have been put in games that were more advanced, and that was a while too..

i didn't really feel remorse, as i am sure that sora are trying their best
well, i believe that it was because of capcom.....>.> cause if u think about it they delayed it right when they annoucned sonic was in brawl so to me it makes me think that Capcom FINALLY agreed to have sonic in brawl so nintendo delayed the game so they could add him and a couple other sonic friends and stages and adventure mode things related to sonic....

Pit (Kid Icarus) said:
well, i believe that it was because of capcom.....>.> cause if u think about it they delayed it right when they annoucned sonic was in brawl so to me it makes me think that Capcom FINALLY agreed to have sonic in brawl so nintendo delayed the game so they could add him and a couple other sonic friends and stages and adventure mode things related to sonic....

two things wrong with your logic

a) Sega....not capcom
b) sonic was playable at the demo at e4a, shortly after he was announced, and it wouldn't take 2 months to do one character.....

they have a full team of people, they could make a character within a day if they wanted to.... like i said there probably wasn't a sole reason for the delay, just to add a whole bunch of stuff, they probably weren't finished all the game modes, to fix glitches, add trophies/stickers

mushroomedmario said:

a) Sega....not capcom
b) sonic was playable at the demo at e4a, shortly after he was announced, and it wouldn't take 2 months to do one character.....

they have a full team of people, they could make a character within a day if they wanted to.... like i said there probably wasn't a sole reason for the delay, just to add a whole bunch of stuff, they probably weren't finished all the game modes, to fix glitches, add trophies/stickers
yea true, and i meant Sega i always seem to replace capcom with sega XP. I thought about that also but i thought of it as a distant second.

mushroomedmario said:

a) Sega....not capcom

Something tells me when they made their pitch to Sega about Sonic they had some what of an idea of what they were planning to do with him and how he would act with in-game play. Surely they designed him and presented it to Sega and showed them the demo to help in the decision making. It was most likely due to the addition of Sonic in brawl that the game was delayed.

i would have some remorce if i thought that they werent doing this with every notable game they release. i do believe the delay could have something less important to do with adding a char like sonic instead of adding a map editor or fixing wifi. it sounds like they should take the making of some anti-hacks into consideration while making us wait longer. at least then i think id have some remorce knowing theyre getting prepared with the game and not just adding/editing s***.

Last edited:
Mingus said:
Something tells me when they made their pitch to Sega about Sonic they had some what of an idea of what they were planning to do with him and how he would act with in-game play. Surely they designed him and presented it to Sega and showed them the demo to help in the decision making. It was most likely due to the addition of Sonic in brawl that the game was delayed.
Exactly! Brawl was delayed two months for something that already happened. What? It makes perfect sense!

As much as delays suck now, there's almost always actually a good thing. Instant gratification is nice, but a flaw-free long-term gaming experience is better.

NO IT DOSN'T!

okay for arguements sake let's just go with mingus's theory(although i am certain it is false, what problem would sega/sonic team have with lending sonic for brawl, it only boosts up his popularity).

a)Why would nintendo announce the date for december 3rd if they were having problems getting sega's agreement?
b)it wouldn't work that way....they wouldn't spend the time to code sonic if they didn't know for sure, they would probably approach sega with a design document....at most
c) they had him developed before e4a, they must of had sega's agreement before e4a, now since sonic is officially in the game...developed and everything.....why would they delay it? for a stage and items?
NO....it wouldn't take that long to code it...if if it took 2 months per character(with items and what not) the game would be out in 2010
d) before starting to code a game, they have design documents for everything, they probably decided that sonic was in before they even started coding

Sonic was not the reason for the delay,

Back