Nintendo's secret double strategy?

Sovieto

Banned
Aug 6, 2006
I'm starting to think Nintendo is running a double strategy. It makes sense to me and explains a lot.
First, Nintendo is obviously holding back production on Wiis, there is no excuse for them not producing enough Wiis. But now, the people who want Wiis are getting them.
Whos getting them? The people looking forward to games like SSBB, Mario, and Metroid.
Now, the launch of the Wii for example, we were promised Zelda, MP3, and Mario Galaxy within launch week I believe. We haven't even seen MP3 since last E3 and then we expect them to have it...and Mario, ready for release during the Wiis release window?! or, were they planning to delay it.
Hear me out, people before launch would go online, read all about the Wii and all these awesome games coming out. Then they get it set through their mind that they want a Wii and don't bother looking for more info (this is obviously not the most of the people on these forums). Later, those games they wanted are delayed but do they know that? no, games usually come out on the date they are announced to.
So then this person buys this Wii, and like many people, get bored with it cause they don't have all the games they wanted. This was the first huge wave of Wii owners we saw.
Now is the second wave, MP3, Mario, and SSBB?! 3 great titles, 2 were already delayed by a year so people might find it extremely strange a game is delayed twice.
So then, people hear about this craze over the Wii then go online, see SSBB, the possibly (and imo) the biggest title for the Wii, is coming out this winter! They know they want that Wii, and again, go on with their lives. So its winter, they buy that Wii, and find out no SSBB. This time around though they are a little more satisfied with the other games.

So is Nintendo running a strategy to give out release dates, then silently delay them to work along with not having enough units out for the ultimate entertainment buzz?

I think it only makes sense, there are other delayed games, such as BWii, which was suppose to come out last March I believe.

Also, if you post on this thread defending Nintendo--why? they're the ones delaying the games you want, you can't give them ALL the breaks can you?

Sovieto said:
I'm starting to think Nintendo is running a double strategy. It makes sense to me and explains a lot.
First, Nintendo is obviously holding back production on Wiis, there is no excuse for them not producing enough Wiis. But now, the people who want Wiis are getting them.
Whos getting them? The people looking forward to games like SSBB, Mario, and Metroid.
Now, the launch of the Wii for example, we were promised Zelda, MP3, and Mario Galaxy within launch week I believe. We haven't even seen MP3 since last E3 and then we expect them to have it...and Mario, ready for release during the Wiis release window?! or, were they planning to delay it.
Hear me out, people before launch would go online, read all about the Wii and all these awesome games coming out. Then they get it set through their mind that they want a Wii and don't bother looking for more info (this is obviously not the most of the people on these forums). Later, those games they wanted are delayed but do they know that? no, games usually come out on the date they are announced to.
So then this person buys this Wii, and like many people, get bored with it cause they don't have all the games they wanted. This was the first huge wave of Wii owners we saw.
Now is the second wave, MP3, Mario, and SSBB?! 3 great titles, 2 were already delayed by a year so people might find it extremely strange a game is delayed twice.
So then, people hear about this craze over the Wii then go online, see SSBB, the possibly (and imo) the biggest title for the Wii, is coming out this winter! They know they want that Wii, and again, go on with their lives. So its winter, they buy that Wii, and find out no SSBB. This time around though they are a little more satisfied with the other games.

So is Nintendo running a strategy to give out release dates, then silently delay them to work along with not having enough units out for the ultimate entertainment buzz?

I think it only makes sense, there are other delayed games, such as BWii, which was suppose to come out last March I believe.

Also, if you post on this thread defending Nintendo--why? they're the ones delaying the games you want, you can't give them ALL the breaks can you?

Last march it was the revolution...?

Makes sense, I mean Nintendo is trying to suck SSBB fans in with the site and keep 'em interested, while delaying it over and over again. All the while selling Wii's off the hype.
Bunch of scam artists
good thread

Last edited:
^No it wasn't, it was the revolution a year from last march.

Anyway, while your idea is possible, its pretty far-fetched. Nintendo has always been a company thats put the consumer first and its going to be very hard for the people of WiiChat to accept this idea, whether it be true or false. You aren't going to get the responses you are hoping for.

LevesqueIsKing said:

Anyway, while your idea is possible, its pretty far-fetched. Nintendo has always been a company thats put the consumer first and its going to be very hard for the people of WiiChat to accept this idea, whether it be true or false. You aren't going to get the responses you are hoping for.

Last march to me = 2006

This march to me = 2007

Meh, Nintendo aims for the casual, I dont think they expect much of a hardcore following to release dates and everything.

They always hide delays with something sweet tasting to cover it up.

LevesqueIsKing said:

Weather that be true or not Nintendo pisses poeple off with it either way.

Cpt.McCloud said:
Last march to me = 2006

This march to me = 2007

Meh, Nintendo aims for the casual, I dont think they expect much of a hardcore following to release dates and everything.

They always hide delays with something sweet tasting to cover it up.
Exactly. Someone knows what they're talking about.

Online/Online Co-op/Tons of characters revealed/Tons of Snake updates/Tons of videos/Sonic announced=Brawl Delayed

We Stole a Sony Exclusive = Just a wee bit extra to soften blows

Monster Hunter FTW.

They done the same with mario kart, 12 online, bikes, videos.

^You are kidding, right? Many businesses do this to keep demand high. It keeps the name circulating and stops demand from dipping.

No wii's=everyone wants one=everyones talking about it=more people want one

dakuda said:
No company intentionally slows down production on a product. You lose out on sales that way. It makes no business sense.
Thats true, and delays makes the consumers tgat are kind of iffy about it say nevermind. I keep hearing "delays make it a better game", but they've delayed it so many times, that it's just agrovating and annoying now.

yes when i wrote last march i meant for march this year but i too thought it could mean march of 06 too. but if i said this march or march thatd sound present or future tense to me.

It is a risky situation, but if they know what they're doing they can make a ton of money.

In the consumers mind, rarity=value

Back