Anybody got "Cooking Mama: Cook Off"

I was wondering the same thing...very few reviews are out there, and I've been thinking, I was gonna buy it right off, but it really doesn't seem worth the full $50, so those reviews better come in stellar.

Reviews probably come out tomorrow, when even more stores get the games, and more buyers.

im picking up the game this weekend. i must have it! i think it looks ultra cute. i mean i like wario so im sure ill like this game too.

only one flaw, ive never seen american reviews. all the reviews ive seen were from japan :confused: i doubt theres any BIG difference except translation

I'll wait for a price drop but it does look fun

I played it on the DS. The DS was fun for awhile, really innovative with the controls, but there's no real challenge. You just make food and there's a DDR type element at the end when you put the ingredients together. I don't know how it will be for the wii, it I would give it a 7/10 on the DS. They are real recipes so at least you learn something. If you have a girlfriend/wife, they'll love the cute graphics

Last edited:
Mama Cook Off???? WTF!? JUst look at the name people..... LOL

I do not resent Nintendo games at all. Just this game name. But looks cool

I bought cooking mama: cook off on release day. me and my girlfriend opened it up, right away to 2 players. abit lost with moving the wii mote for the first 5 to 10 minutes since we didnt do the practice mode first but once we both got it down... dude, its pretty addicting! so far I'm trying to open up all 55 recipes to compete with mama's friends and get all golds, when I have no one to challenge in 2 player mode.

the only problem I have with the game is (not sure if its my disc or a bug in the game) when I try to arange items I've won for my kitchen I can't move them and some, arent even showing up? (anyone else that has this game, having the same problem?)

but over all, the game is fun when you try to go for gold or challenge in split screen. IRON CHEF!

I give it a 8/10

theangelwing said:
So how do you play two players with it?

when i was watching one of the reviews, it said you had to unlock the 2p mode. i assume its just like warioware where you have to play up to a certain point and it unlocks the multiplayer mode :)

Back