Anybody got "Cooking Mama: Cook Off"

Until I can taste or atleast smell the stuff I make in those games I'm not even going to try.

theangelwing said:
So how do you play two players with it?

2player mode is split screen, you basically challenge each other on how well you cook and how fast you cook.

when you first get the game it starts you off with 10 dishes/recipes. (55 dishes total) the more you unlock in single player, the more recipes you can play in 2 player mode.

Last edited:
The_Loose_Cannon said:
when i was watching one of the reviews, it said you had to unlock the 2p mode. i assume its just like warioware where you have to play up to a certain point and it unlocks the multiplayer mode :)

no you don't have to unlock 2-player mode. i just bought it yesterday and my friend was really apprehensive when i was buying it but when we got home and played it, we bought totally got into it. oh and i don't get the "manage kitchen" option...what are you supposed to do with it?

It's good fun but not challenging : After you discovered the different things you can do (chop, pan fry, peel, etc...) then the new recipes you unlock just take these same elements and combine it in a different order.
So in the end, there is no increasing difficulty. IMO, better to rent than to buy (if you can find it :S )

Arnaud said:
It's good fun but not challenging : After you discovered the different things you can do (chop, pan fry, peel, etc...) then the new recipes you unlock just take these same elements and combine it in a different order.
So in the end, there is no increasing difficulty. IMO, better to rent than to buy (if you can find it :S )

true its not challenging when you are "learning the recipes" and unlocking them in single player but have you not tried doing the single player challenge against mama's chef friends? some of her friends may be easy to beat but try getting a perfect (all golds) in all challenges...

I actually like playing this game against someone that knows how to play, now thats the challenge! I just wish they had 4 players instead of 2.

Can anobody tell me if the games is OK for a girl of 4 1/2 years old?
I mean if it doesn´t get to fast to difficult and if it would be fun for a gril of that age?

Thx

Back