argos?

I pre-ordered mine from Argos, too, after I failed to get one on Amazon. Shortly after I pre-ordered it, they stopped taking pre-orders and confirmed that they had sold out of their initial allocation of consoles.

I sent them a quick email to see if that meant I would be getting one on the launch day, and they replied saying that yes, I had been successful. I assume the same goes for everyone else who managed to pre-order a console from them.

I still can't help but feel a bit sceptical. However, if you think about it, not many people would have thought to try Argos. Most people think of Woolworths, Game, Gamestation, etc. That could work in our favour.

I remember trudging around the shops not long after the GameCube was released. I tried everywhere, but they were sold out, except Argos. ;)

I pre-ordered from Argos and the next day it said that they had sold out. A couple of days later though, they took more pre-orders.

I reckon that Nintendo initially gave them an estimate of how many they would be getting and then clarified the number (hence the few extra days on sale).

My guess (hope!) is that Argos pre-orders will be fulfilled.

Back