Assassin's Creed

samXcor3 said:
how do you know he's muslim? and im pretty sure its a fictional city not jerusalem.

anyway EGM previewed the game and said they were still a little worried about it but it was better than at E for All. they said the controls were really hard or something and it could get repetitive since its all outside not many inside locales.

"Taking the role of Altair – a member of the Hashshashin tribe, the original Assassins – the aim of the game is to execute nine historical figures who are responsible for the Crusades.

Raymond is keen to point out that they have not taken their historical theme lightly"

SOME of characters are fictional some are not, the theme is not. You are a member of the hashshashin, your father was a muslim and your mother a christian. By default you would take the fathers religion, and this explains his goal to kill the 9 christian leaders and their allies.

Again given current events, and the fact that the crusades were a direct response to christian/jewish persecution and islamic invasion of the holy lands from the east, i find this disgustingly distasteful in nature.

Shiftfallout said:
i have mixed feelings about the game to be honest. I find the whole idea of playing the role of a muslim assassin killing christians and their allies in Jerusalem a bit disgusting, especially given History of the times as well as current events.

This game is a bit in bad taste in my opinion.
I 100% agree. The game just looks so good...the concept behind it just totally spoils everything.

Yes! Had it pre-ordered for awhile now, can't wait to pick it up ^-^. Imma be a happy person during the 13-14th (Assassin's Creed + SMG).

RivalDestiny said:
Yes! Had it pre-ordered for awhile now, can't wait to pick it up ^-^. Imma be a happy person during the 13-14th (Assassin's Creed + SMG).
*high-five brotha'. Plus, my B-day is on the 13th. ^.^

Ah , one of the games I've been wanting to pick up for a while. I kinda retired from being a big gamer... I miss those days.. =/ But this game really has me to buy. I cant wait.

I tend to have a fondness for games like this (MGS spoiled it with boss bits)

Lets see if it can topple Shinobido and become the diffinative assassin game or at least be better than Red ninja

It also reminds me that I need some money quick

just a heads up, in case some are not familiar with history. The Hashshashin, which is the character you play, were islamic terrorist charged with killing those from the west and those who were their allies.

Sounds a bit familiar with whats going on today.

ADD: apparently a tester let it be known the game is 8 hours in length if you were to play it straight. Thats fairly short for a game.

Last edited:
Shiftfallout said:
just a heads up, in case some are not familiar with history. The Hashshashin, which is the character you play, were islamic terrorist charged with killing those from the west and those who were their allies.

Sounds a bit familiar with whats going on today.

*Waits for the complaints from them*

Definitely getting this. Had no idea the story was so involved. Found this on youtube; the real intro to the game:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=N_7svQMjYuo

Not that much of a spoiler though; first 7:30 mins of the game.

Yeah I'll be getting this.. when I get my 360..

Which should be 2moro if my father would stop be so fecking tight.

How can we have a topic about this game without a picture of the producer XD.

Jade_Raymond_300_266520g.jpg

Anyways having played a few more hours i've realized a few things. Once you get the hang of fighting, it's a joke. It's easy to take on 6-7 guys and not get hit once. Second is that the gameplay gets repetitive quick. There's only so many times you can eavesdrop or pickpocket or climb towers before it gets old. Having assassinated a few targets already and i've seen no change in the pattern of investigating > killing the target

JerryC said:
Anyways having played a few more hours i've realized a few things. Once you get the hang of fighting, it's a joke. It's easy to take on 6-7 guys and not get hit once. Second is that the gameplay gets repetitive quick. There's only so many times you can eavesdrop or pickpocket or climb towers before it gets old. Having assassinated a few targets already and i've seen no change in the pattern of investigating > killing the target
Tis' what I heard...but, it got a 9.5/10 in the latest issue of GameInformer. D:

Back