at one point halo was on ds!!!

it definitly was, new super mario bros and mario kart ds gave it critical acclaim, a ds is like the must have item in japan its more important than the cellphone

New Halo DS news

On a recent podcast, Matt was reassuring people that the rumor was true--that a playable version of the game had been developed prior to its cancellation. He claims that proof is coming (after E3).

I would have thought this ludicrous if it came from anyone else. And I still don't know exactly how this unknown developer would go about proving the game's existence unless Microsoft was willing to let them show it publically--Halo is still their property. But yes, as others have noted, MS isn't in competition with the DS itself in any way. Even if they were, re-releasing a 6 year old product on it does nothing to hurt their franchise and does increase its appeal--possibly drawing more Wii users in to the Wii360 fold. If proof is coming, there's a chance it's because MS is willing to float a trial balloon and see what response they get.

So if there is a game out there, already in the playable stages, there is a chance for revival. Not knowing exactly what reasons it was killed for, it's impossible to say how much of a chance. Still, it's worth watching.

hey its kinda cool that this thread that i created like 3 months ago is still up and runnin lol and i really wish the game wouldnt have been cancelled

This info was known almost a year ago. Yes it was planned but was soon scrapped. There was never a working version made.

cannon said:
This info was known almost a year ago. Yes it was planned but was soon scrapped. There was never a working version made.

If you'd read the links, you'd know IGN's Matt Cassimania begs to differ. He claims to have played a working (albeit, cancelled) version, and that proof that the game was developed to a working stage will come out in the post-E3 period.

wow thats wikid, i would love halo1 for DS! though probly good we didnt get it or we'd have a baby shyt green DS to choose from lol (looks toward microsoft...:crazy: )

Too bad! It would've been interesting to see the final product in action.

I love Halo, to have it on the go on the DS would have been awesome, as I play my DS more than I get time to play anything else

Halo would have been amazing on DS! ...

Amazingly poor.

Halo on DS woul have THE most terrible graphics.

(It could work I guess but the graphics would need to be toned down to ps1 quality.)

Bungie Interview

Yesterday on gonintendo

gonintendo said:
Halo DS may exist, but it’s not from Bungie

A portion of a Siliconera interview with Brian Gerard and Frank O’Connor from Bungie…

S: I think I’m going to ask the forbidden question… was there ever Halo for the DS?

FO: I believe we got pitched for it several times.

BG: Every once in awhile it comes up. Somebody out there some developer pitches and tries to make it happen.

FO: Microsoft does publish DS games or licenses them, I think to THQ.

BG: It’s very likely that somebody at some point in time created a prototype and tried to pitch it.

FO: Which is probably what Casamassina is talking about.

BG: But there has never been an officially funded or sanctioned development of any sort of DS Halo game.

S: Would you ever like to see that [Halo on the DS]?

FO: I mean if it wasn’t a drain on resources. The problem is the DS is not an FPS console right? It’s not an FPS handheld. There really is no such thing. If we did something cool I would like to see it. But I would rather see the Halo IP on any handheld system applied to a different genre because handhelds don’t necessarily do FPS well.

Back