Attention All Ike Users This Thread Is For You

I believe Squirtle has the strongest D-throw in the game. ... The first time someone D-throwed me as him (which also KO'd me), I literally said "WHAT THE **** WAS THAT?!". XD

Squirtle can be known as the inferior Meta for his WOPing skills, so yes, just for the sake of supporting that claim, Squirtle's best KO option is gimping.

You know, I honestly never got over how powerful Squirtle's D-throw is. A prioritized KO move such as that, which is easy to land and keep fresh, is a just such a huge asset. Imagine if Meta or Falco had such a powerful grab?

I completely know how you feel, I killed with that thing one time and was completely surprised by it.
As a whole, Pokemon Trainer has great throws, it's just a matter of timing, especially with Ivysaur.
Also, if I'm not mistaken, all pokemon can easily kill below 100%, maybe even 90%. What takes skill is timing the moves so the opponent gets hit. It's why I think this character has enough potential to rise at least some slots in the tier list.

Now Ness has the strongest throw. His back throw is the strongest throw.
Thanks for the tips guys.

I believe Ness' B-throw's knockback greatly differs depending on their damage. So at low damages, Squirtle's D-throw will be more powerful, I believe.

My point was Squirtle has the strongest DOWN throw in the game, though. And even then, either of us could be wrong... I'm not too sure. I'll test this out sooner or later, have a CPU at 70-80% damage and do a fresh throw each.

But you need to worry about edgehoogers Anax (cough cough)
All of them are easily edgehogged specially Ivysaur. Ivysaurs up smash is a killer, Charizard has 2 spikes, down and back air. His F-air also becomes sort of a WOP. Squirtle is just a tricky little guy.

Ness' f-throw is strong at very low damage. What's Ivysaur's and Charizard's strongest throw?

Charizard sucks at WOPing General. hes to heavy and jumps to low. he can't WOP for his life. if you want WOP, stick with squirtle.

wow this thread got off topic

All of them are easily edgehogged specially Ivysaur. Ivysaurs up smash is a killer, Charizard has 2 spikes, down and back air. His F-air also becomes sort of a WOP. Squirtle is just a tricky little guy.

Ness' f-throw is strong at very low damage. What's Ivysaur's and Charizard's strongest throw?

Ivysaur has a good back throw, although I usually use down throw to put people in the air, as that gives Ivysaur the option of Up air (which is ridiculous), Up smash, vine Whip, or neutral air/Bullet seed to raise damage.

Charizard's throws are good for setting up aerial kills. I think percentage-wise, down throw is the weakest but throws at a nice angle, and forward and back throw are fantastic for chaining, spacing, etc. Charizard does have that ability to space well, which kind of helps with the disadvantage of being huge and rather slow.

Btw, Shadow is right, leave WoP to squirtle. Charizard's aerial moves are useful in different contexts: neutral air for defense from combos, back air good for spacing and offensively good if sweet-spotted, up air is great for juggling (along with up smash), forward air has ridiculous strength if it hits completely and it is a good killer, but if used wrong it leaves you open (much like G&W's forward-throw); and down air is a great spike.

... B-air spikes? You're shitting me, right? Can you get a video of this, or something?

Ness' F-throw is actually pathetic at low damage, just so you know. It has practically no knockback at first, it's as if they just retain damage and fall down.

... B-air spikes? You're shitting me, right? Can you get a video of this, or something?

Ness' F-throw is actually pathetic at low damage, just so you know. It has practically no knockback at first, it's as if they just retain damage and fall down.

I didn't save the replay were I spiked someone with it. It's more like a semi spike CK. His B-air is a 2 hit attack, first with his claws and wings and then with his tail. When he gets to hit with the claws they go down but when he hits with the tail they go horizontally. Look it up, I read all the spikes and semi spikes and I read Charizards.

I used Ness for about 9 months. I know about his throws because I relied on them for kills some of the times. It was either the side smash, back throw, or the best spike in the game.

"Attention All Ike Users This Thread Is For You"
You guys are hilarious.

I really like Ike's spike. Although with the lag of internet play it can be quite suicidal. Also I find Aether to be quite an effective spike, it can be tricky to grab the edge but once you get it down it isn't too bad.

I'm an Ike user and to use a great Aether spike you need to use it and drag your opponent down with you but you need to grab the ledge while he keeps on falling.

Ike can have some pretty bad match-ups against characters with ranged moves. Such as: Link, Toon Link, Snake, and all the characters with projectiles. Any of you have some good tips for beating these characters?

well Link is actually quite easy. Link is to slow so pounding him is just a matter of catching him, which isn't very hard.

Toon Link though is a danger. keep dodging his projectiles and slowly work your way forward. when you get close, hammer him as hard as you can. just be careful for his fast (and powerful) U-smash and D-smash.

Snake, in my opinion he's Ike's worst match-up. if possible, don't use Ike against Snake. but if you have to, get in close and stay there. you'll constantly be dodging his overpowered tilts and possibly some grenades. when your in close Counter is your best friend. learn to make Counter come out before you think you'll need it cause you gotta pull that out fast. never let Snake get some distance or your screwed.

Back