best wii case mod EVER!!!

Mitch2025 said:
if i knew the creator i would have had him make it for me lol

um. it probably costs ~£80 just for supplies and then £250 for the wii so i doubt it would be sold for £20 lol. that is paint and some sort of textured material plus LED lights that are soldered to power points inside the wii

materials are around $50
chunk of aluminum:$10
Model Paint(about 6 colors): $15
Vinyl Dye: $6/can, $12 total(gold and black
blue cold cathodes: $15 max
$52 total

But it is still BA

It was probably professionally made for some demo or something. I doubt a normal fanboy made it.

it was a fan who made it. what they did was take a special hammered black matterial (doesnt say what it is) and use some industrial glue stuff (to make sure it never comes off) and then paint over it a few times in blue paint and then a few coats of clearcoat to give it the glossy look and then add the shield ans sword.

If you go to the ebay listing he pretty much breaks down how he did it. You could find all the paint at you local hardware store and the sheild stuff on ebay. It's pretty much just taking it apart and painting it with multiple layers of rustoleum hammered paint and clear coat. Don't get me wrong I thing it is a very nice piece of craftsmanship. Put some of you guys are making it sound way to complicated its pretty straight forward.

Fan boy or not he has talent and should be saving pictures of this example for his portfolio.
i think the Triforce on the front is like the ice on the cake!, i'd just prefer the Tri-force

I think the Triforce is the touch that makes it look profesional.

Just woit till im done with mine :smilewinkgrin: my wii will make that one look like crap look at my 360 on the 360 forum.

i dont really like this. Someone just glued a shield with some LEDS onto the back onto their wii. It looks cumbersome.

Now usually I'm not for modding things but that does look pretty tight. However the bidding on eBay is up to freaking $510.00 ALREADY. It ends on March 25th, 2007. Its probably going to be $1,000.00 at the LEAST by that date. That to me is ridiculous. I'd never pay that much for something like that. Think of what you could do with that money. Not only would I use it on better things such as getting more Wii Games in the future, I could use it for gas and food. Its insane...mad props to the Seller though...hes gonna be getting some mad money pretty soon.

You people are actually bidding on a toy glued to a video game console? I'm in the wrong business..

That case looks sweet! If I was a rich person who could throw that kind of money around I'd buy it for sure. But at the moment, the bidding is up to $710 so just somehow I think I wont be getting it. Awesome stuff there!

Back