BestBuy 11-26-06, Anyone confirm?

specialsauce said:
It depends on where you live, Cap'n. Did you get a chance to see how big the lines were at your local stores on launch day? If they weren't big, you've got a chance of grabbing a Wii if you're arriving 30 minutes before opening. Some people might not even know Bestbuy is getting them, and even if they do, they'll probably get there after opening (esp. since it's not Black Friday). You MIGHT want to get there around 9AM, just in case, because there might be more people showing up in the last minutes before opening.

Good luck, anyways! Hope you get it.
I live in bloomington,indiana(college town) I saw the ps3 lines at best buy...maybe about 10-15 people(we only had 4 ps3's!):ee5k:

Sorry for being late.

I can confirm that all Best Buys do have some stock of the Wii today. It looked like most stores had around 20-60.

=X, I'll keep checking and I'll let you guys know when there are more coming in.

On a side note, Best Buy let employees purchase the Wii on launch day(if out of uniform and in the line like everyone else), but now says absolutely no Wii/PS3 purchases, which I think is rediculous.

Best Buy has wiis

In their Sunday ad, they said minimum 12 per store.

My GF just got one (for my XMax present).... she was 12th in line...

they had 42 of em.... and people were walking up at 9:30 (they open at 10am) and getting tickets for one.

I bet they keep getting shipments and in a couple weeks, still before XMas, they'll be pretty easy to find.

Yep, they came and went fast. There were over 50 people camped at one best buy for (12 units) the other one I got to in time had 18 and only 24 people at it.. I was number 21. So No luck there again 5th time. I really think companys cause a shortage on purpose. (Irving, Texas)

Tickets were handed out at both stores about 30 minutes before, most were camped before 6 a.m.

confirmed

I called all the bestbuys in my area and they all got about 40 or so, but sold out within 1 minute of opening, since over 40 people camped out overnight.

My friend got to our BestBuy at 6AM, brought a fold-out table, some chairs, and some cards and a backgammon game, and we waited till they gave out tickets at 9 or so. We were the first in line, and no one else showed up till 7 or so. There were a few unhappy people who didn't get there until 9:45 after all the tickets were given out (only 10 people were in line when they originally gave out tickets, and they would give them out as people came up). We were tempted to each get one and sell our extra ticket (we're roomates, only need one right now), but I decided to not take money I would sorta feel guilty for taking later. :)

But now it's back to Zelda! It'll be my turn in a few minutes. :D

All best buys in my area (metro detroit) got a bunch of wiis in. Every single one of them had lines before 9:00am. I checked the best buy in Roseville, Rochester, Madison Heights, and Utica. I was after a ps3, but nobody got any.

There was a line of 30 people out there at 9:15 when I drove by. I then drove to utica and the people in line said they already handed out vouchers. I then went to Roseville after 10:00 am and they let the line inside to buy them. I feel bad for the people who went to rochester. I didnt confirm the madison Heights store though. I just drove past after I saw the line.

I went out to best buy at around 8:00 cause my friend overslept. We got there and waited, i was 41st in line and the best buy had only 40 of them. I was soo pissed because my friend got one from his brother who was there since 7:00.

yah i was at bestbuy about 3 hours ago, they had 30 wii's but the 30 tickets were already sold!!! Some old hag was pounding on the bestbuy doors before it opened!!! I couldnt get one(weep)

my best buy had 27 and i was sixth in line i got there at 6 am and just waited it out got my ticket at 9am and then had to wait till 10 am to get in the store but i finally got my wii

I called Best Buy at 10, when they opened, and the worker said that the line started at about 5 in the morning and they had 42 Wiis and sold out. Yesterday, I called my local game store and they said they were getting a shipment of 2 Wiis in anywhere from 12-4 so I called every hour to see if they got them in yet. 12-nothing, 1-nothing, 2-nothing, 3-"we got our shipment, but there were no Wiis on it, we got short changed"
So after all that they said they are getting a shipment tuesday, and hopefully my mom can go out and get it while I'm in school.

Back