BestBuy 11-26-06, Anyone confirm?

can any of you BB employees tell us why your management wont give out information to the public?

I was at my BB on Saturday, I asked the video game guy how many wii's they would have for sunday, now obviously, he should have known, obviously he could just check his inventory, but instead he said "I dont even know if we'll be releasing wii's tomorrow"

wtf? What is the strategy behind this?

i just called gamestop and they said that they get 2-3 everyday. hm but how do i know if they'll have it in the morning or in the afternoon...

what he should've said was, "we are not allowed to disclose any information at this time" he was just being an ass

best buy has confidentiality things.. bah nvm i wouldn't be able to explain it anyway

cleoent said:
can any of you BB employees tell us why your management wont give out information to the public?

I was at my BB on Saturday, I asked the video game guy how many wii's they would have for sunday, now obviously, he should have known, obviously he could just check his inventory, but instead he said "I dont even know if we'll be releasing wii's tomorrow"

so did they release wii's the next day or what?

cleoent said:

Like already said, they should've said that they aren't allowed to release said information. Mainly they do it to keep problems down to a minimum. If every employee knows how many Wii's they have at all times, you have to update the employees when every one is ever sold. Not too long before everyone starts saying they have a dozen left when they're actually sold out. The appropriate response should've been something like "sorry, but we currently don't have any for sale right now. we get shipments in daily, so keep calling or check our newspaper flyers on weekends for availability."

cleoent said:
yes, they had 50. Not like he could have honestly not known they were there.
Not everyone loves the Wii. Hell, I only check when I'm bored. I supposed it might be a little different if I worked in media though.

cleoent said:
why couldn't he just say, we'll be releasing more wii's tomorrow.
I agree, I think they should just say to come back on Sunday, but I'm not management.

Kryptenx said:
Not everyone loves the Wii. Hell, I only check when I'm bored. I supposed it might be a little different if I worked in media though.

this guy was stocking the games when i asked him a question. He must have known.

cleoent said:
this guy was stocking the games when i asked him a question. He must have known.
Wiis are stored and the games go out to the floor. There's a good chance he honestly didn't know, but if he did then he handled it all wrong.

Kryptenx said:
Wiis are stored and the games go out to the floor. There's a good chance he honestly didn't know, but if he did then he handled it all wrong.

Hey Kryptenx. I just want to ask you what this exactly means---->>> (Prices effective Sunday,Nov.26- Saturday, Dec 2nd (except as noted)

It says minimum 12 per each store. This is from Sundays(nov 26) weekly ad special. Does this mean the last day they are seling it is on DEC 2ND??? Thank you for your help.

Back