Bethesda: Oblivion Not Possible On Wii

i0n

:eek:
Apr 30, 2006
UK
With The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion currently on sale for the Xbox 360 and any minute now the PS3, Wii owners hoping for Oblivion to make its way to the console will sadly be disappointed.

Bethesda's VP of Marketing Peter Hines had this to say on the rumours, "It's something we'd like to do, but unfortunately it's not a very good fit with Oblivion. Oblivion is a very demanding game hardware-wise and in terms of graphics processing and raw horsepower. It's not something the Wii was designed to do. They decided not to make the focus on raw horsepower but on interface and so forth. It's a great console and many of us at Bethesda have one but I know that bringing Oblivion over is not possible - we'd have to do a whole new game."

Link: http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=23597

Not sure why they cant just port across a more cleaned up version of the PSP game though?

That's disappointing, I've always wanted to play this game. My laptop isn't good enough and I don't have a 360 or plan on getting a PS3

No big loss for me...It's been years since I last touched Marrowind. I think running through it again would offer me a similar but less graphically intense experience as Oblivion. Besides, if you wait a few years for Vista to become standard the game will be selling for a true bargain price considering what it has to offer. Just be patient.

I've never heard a lot about the game so it doesn't matter to me. However it does sadden me to see how they ranked the Wii's capablities. I mean its the truth but still it sucks for all the Oblivion fans. I honestly think that while the Wii is a great system it could have even been BETTER had they made it just a little bit more powerful graphically and space wise.

Morrowwind was a great game.

Sad that Oblivion isn't going to be ported to the Wii. I'm confused though - if the Wii isn't powerful enough, then what sort of Oblivion is going to be on the PSP - a pile of cats turd?

If the PSP version is good, it just may get me to blow the dust off it.

I think the we'd have to make a new game is a hint

No big loss. I've got it on the 360 and, in my honest, personal opinion, the game is awful. I've played it for about 10 hours and have not touched it in months. The graphics are nice but pop-up is terrible. I remember one bit where you are going up a mountain on horseback, the AI was so dumb my party kept getting stuck behind rocks. I gave up at the part where you have loads of little critters attacking at one point just because the combat is so frustrating. All you do is repeatedly pull the R trigger. Maybe I just don't 'get it' but the game just felt, well, bad to me.

Nicktendo86 said:
No big loss. I've got it on the 360 and, in my honest, personal opinion, the game is awful. I've played it for about 10 hours and have not touched it in months. The graphics are nice but pop-up is terrible. I remember one bit where you are going up a mountain on horseback, the AI was so dumb my party kept getting stuck behind rocks. I gave up at the part where you have loads of little critters attacking at one point just because the combat is so frustrating. All you do is repeatedly pull the R trigger. Maybe I just don't 'get it' but the game just felt, well, bad to me.

u have got 2 be kidding me. I have it on the PC. AMAZING

Maybe its just the 360 one?

MasterJedi2U said:
I've never heard a lot about the game...

Have you been under a rock? I am no hardcore gamer or anything but even I hear about this game on every forum, lol. Just giving you crap btw.

Lol its fine...I honestly haven't though. I apologize though I probably shoulda have all this time considering all the hoopla. It sucks though that it won't be coming out for all the fans who have Wiis.

i0n said:
With The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion currently on sale for the Xbox 360 and any minute now the PS3, Wii owners hoping for Oblivion to make its way to the console will sadly be disappointed.

Bethesda's VP of Marketing Peter Hines had this to say on the rumours, "It's something we'd like to do, but unfortunately it's not a very good fit with Oblivion. Oblivion is a very demanding game hardware-wise and in terms of graphics processing and raw horsepower. It's not something the Wii was designed to do. They decided not to make the focus on raw horsepower but on interface and so forth. It's a great console and many of us at Bethesda have one but I know that bringing Oblivion over is not possible - we'd have to do a whole new game."

Link: http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=23597

Not sure why they cant just port across a more cleaned up version of the PSP game though?

Who is dissapointed??! the game was **** and you need a dumb amount of RAM and a stupidly good gaphics card to play it on PC, the guard AI is dumb, they chase you through the great forest for about 2 hours, and your on a horse!

Back