OoT

IGN: 10/10
Famitsu: 40/40
GameSpot: 10/10
Edge: 10/10
Super Play: 100/100
NP: 9.5/10
N64 Magazine: 98%

That leaves it at 99% BioShock is at 97% sorry Sov I know you love it but it's not taking best game ever and it has no chance of getting as many awards as OoT did but you can still hope for GoY
i dont care if its the best or not, its not like it effects me at all. it was just interesting news since a game has come this close in a long time. also, it dose have a chance to get as many awards as OoT did, theres always a chance since we dont know yet.

Oh snap, it didn't even beat Metroid Prime (No complaints here, Prime 1 is actually my personal favorite game..ever.)...respect for beating Resident Evil 4 mind.

Just picked up the game today for the 360 and dam is it ever cool !! I am almost to afraid to play it with the sound on :p
To bad there is no online play with this game :(

Yes I am a bit slow but could you please tell me what oot is ? Thanks :p

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

The reviewer doesn't hate it. He just says that it's recycled and too hyped. I've played it. On the Xbox360, though, but I'll get the PC Version pretty soon.

Last edited:
Secumfex said:
The reviewer doesn't hate it. He just says that it's recycled.
have you played it? whats so recycled about it??

mushroomedmario said:
idn much about this game or system schock, but maybe cause it uses the exact **** from systemshock

(keyword: maybe)
some elements are similar, but besides some of those things its completely new. but i dont see people critizing mario or zelda or metroid when its basically the same core gameplay every game.

That's true, but games like Mario and Zelda don't have so many other competitors as there are in the FPS Genre. For an FPS, it's very hard to feel different from the other games. Bioshock is basicly a Systemshock remake, which is no bad thing at all, since Systemshock was a blast. But it's just not that innovative as so many want us to think it is.
And you will see people critize mario and zelda for these exact same things.

But they will live from their hype and will, regardingless of the real quality, get high rating scores.

Actually, I bought, played, at beat this game.
It was good, but it wasn't great. The reason I ran out and got it is because I saw all those OMG! 10/10, 10/10, 10/10!!! Reviews and thought, "holy crap, this game must be the best thing to ever hit a console anywhere"
And well, it wasn't! Honestly, I truly enjoyed it, but the game clearly had enough flaws that all these reviewers must have been drinking something funny.

First of all, the game had great graphics. It had decent gameplay, the physics were great, it had some cool powers, like attacking with a swarm of hornets, or freezing enemies and shattering them. Yeah yeah....it was kinda cool.

BUT, I don't know WHAT these reviewers were thinking about the fact that the game has roughly THREE OR FOUR enemies that you fight, which SUCKED.
You've got Enemy with Machine Gun, Enemy with Molotov Cocktail, and Enemy Who Throws Blades.....oh and some auto-gun-turrets.
Aside from the large, armored Big Daddies who must occasionally be defeated, that's the whole game.
Also, it sends you on repeated "fetch-quests" to gather things like power-cells, phereomone samples, flowers, enzyme bottles etc.....
It was fun but tedious at times, and the gameplay NEVER VARIES. Once you've played a couple hours of Bioshock, you've played ALL of Bioshock, the only thing that keeps it REMOTELY interesting is the storyline, which is definitely neat, but has absolutely NO payoff in the end, because the ending is a little CG clip that looks great and is about.......20 seconds long.
No credits, no moment to let it sink it with some good music or anything, just STRAIGHT BACK TO THE TITLE SCREEN. It definitely put a damper on the overall experience.

Seriously, you just can't trust reviewers these days. Not with movies, and certainly not with games. It's like whoever reviews first gives a score, and all other reviewers jump on the bandwagon, and dont want to be seen as "wrong" so they all pile on and go "10/10, 5/5, 100/100!!! OMGZ!!!!"

They were wrong. 8/10.
At BEST.

Metroid Prime 3 > Bioshock

Last edited:
Secumfex said:
That's true, but games like Mario and Zelda don't have so many other competitors as there are in the FPS Genre. For an FPS, it's very hard to feel different from the other games. Bioshock is basicly a Systemshock remake, which is no bad thing at all, since Systemshock was a blast. But it's just not that innovative as so many want us to think it is.
And you will see people critize mario and zelda for these exact same things.

But they will live from their hype and will, regardingless of the real quality, get high rating scores.
bioshock has a different storyline and gameplay AND gameplay mechanics, also the RPG type system i dont recall being in system shock, could be wrong though.

and yes, they raved about the combat that varies per battle, i found this false while playing through on medium, but then i played through on hard and im finding myself constantly looking for the best ways to take down someone in each battle.

Back