Bioshock - About to beat LoZ: OoT/Highest rated of all time

This game is AMAZING btw, Plasmids are so cool and stuff. Story is really cool too but i don't want to spoil it for anyone. But yea, got this for my PC and even though it's singleplayer only, it's still just as good much like oblivion.

Transfixed said:
Actually, I bought, played, at beat this game.
It was good, but it wasn't great. The reason I ran out and got it is because I saw all those OMG! 10/10, 10/10, 10/10!!! Reviews and thought, "holy crap, this game must be the best thing to ever hit a console anywhere"
And well, it wasn't! Honestly, I truly enjoyed it, but the game clearly had enough flaws that all these reviewers must have been drinking something funny.

First of all, the game had great graphics. It had decent gameplay, the physics were great, it had some cool powers, like attacking with a swarm of hornets, or freezing enemies and shattering them. Yeah yeah....it was kinda cool.

BUT, I don't know WHAT these reviewers were thinking about the fact that the game has roughly THREE OR FOUR enemies that you fight, which SUCKED.
You've got Enemy with Machine Gun, Enemy with Molotov Cocktail, and Enemy Who Throws Blades.....oh and some auto-gun-turrets.
Aside from the large, armored Big Daddies who must occasionally be defeated, that's the whole game.
Also, it sends you on repeated "fetch-quests" to gather things like power-cells, phereomone samples, flowers, enzyme bottles etc.....
It was fun but tedious at times, and the gameplay NEVER VARIES. Once you've played a couple hours of Bioshock, you've played ALL of Bioshock, the only thing that keeps it REMOTELY interesting is the storyline, which is definitely neat, but has absolutely NO payoff in the end, because the ending is a little CG clip that looks great and is about.......20 seconds long.
No credits, no moment to let it sink it with some good music or anything, just STRAIGHT BACK TO THE TITLE SCREEN. It definitely put a damper on the overall experience.

Seriously, you just can't trust reviewers these days. Not with movies, and certainly not with games. It's like whoever reviews first gives a score, and all other reviewers jump on the bandwagon, and dont want to be seen as "wrong" so they all pile on and go "10/10, 5/5, 100/100!!! OMGZ!!!!"

They were wrong. 8/10.
At BEST.

Metroid Prime 3 > Bioshock

AMEN BROTHA!

Thank you Transfixed...it seemed everyone was giving biased/overrated reviews from the beginning so I didn't run out and buy a 360...+ I have no money =P

But yeah, now that I have a REAL review, Bioshock might go on my list of games to buy, but I'm not even buying the 360 until we get more news on Banjo-Kazooie 3 anyways =P

Back