Both wiimotes stuck on #2!!

KentonT said:
Thanks again. But I just thought of something. What if that #1 controller is lost or broken? Even after unplugging the wii, it still remembered which one was supposed to be #1. the original #2 still wouldn't do anything at the main menu. I went into wii sports and it works fine as contoller 2 but what gives? If #1 was lost or something I think I would just be stuck.

Whichever wiimote you use to turn it on will be controller #1. It doesn't matter which wiimote you synced first.

I got the wii at the end of May. Never had any prbolems whatsoever till my wife was using the internet browser and couldn't click something. I transfered the wiimotes and once we went back to the wii menu neither controller would work. i highly doubt the wiimote is worn out. I do however, wish that any controller could begin as the primary controller like a 360 controller does. Not sure why they put this feature/limitation on the console.

KentonT said:
I do however, wish that any controller could begin as the primary controller like a 360 controller does. Not sure why they put this feature/limitation on the console.

As far as I know any controller can be the primary controller. I just choose a remote and random and push the A button when I start playing and...voila...that's player 1. Also, the order you push the A buttons on the rest of them to start multiplayer is the order they are as well.

Hold down the sync button on the wii itself for around 40 seconds, that should reset every remote synced to the console, then begin the resyncing process.

Back