Brawl Tiers

spiff-ssbb

WiiChat Member
Jan 23, 2008
Wii Online Code
8140-2366-3149-0356
i know its way to early to know. but what are your feelings on how the characters will tier?
i can see snake and deedede being low tier myself
and fox sonic shiek making top tier

Sonic and Snake will both be high tiers in my opinion.

The video with Snake VS Link,
Snake sets a land mine, down grabs Link (which temporarily knocks him out) ON the mine, and vwala. It explodes and Link goes flying.

AtomicB said:

Snake sets a land mine, down grabs Link (which temporarily knocks him out) ON the mine, and vwala. It explodes and Link goes flying.

really? i've never seen this video. he just seems a little out of place in the smash world to me. but i'm probably wrong haha i'm just crossing my fingers for a captain falcon return...i know he'll probably be in but its not confirmed as of yet...as far as i know.
who are you maining?

Snake will definitely be quite something...it's like Sheik with explosives and without Zelda.
Sonic and MK are definitely Top Tiers...Olimar and PT seem like low tier due to complexity, but I am looking forward to using them, seems fun (especially playing as Charizard).
Oh, and since Lucario is pretty much confirmed...I'll count him as likely top tier.

oh i didnt realize they were making snake a fast character. for some reason i pictured him being similar to samus in agility. what is his recovery move?

AtomicB said:

^Agreed. That combo that Snake set-up was bad-ass. It was well done. I see Snake and Sonic as the combo characters.

balrogs.pa said:
Yeah i see snake sonic and probably cpt. olimar due to the vast majority of his pikmin. To be the greatest combo characters.
you dont think any returning characters'll make top tier in brawl?

spiff-ssbb said:
you dont think any returning characters'll make top tier in brawl?
They are the ones who will most likely have high places on the tier list in my opinion.

Prez said:
They are the ones who will most likely have high places on the tier list in my opinion.
ya thats what i was thinking. i'm going to have to assume they'll do the same thing they did in melee and take all the average characters from the last game and fix some of their weaknesses and make them more versitile...isnt that how characters like fox came to become high tier in melee?

^It's basically popularity, or how much a character is used/liked by players.

I say Zero-Suit Samus might be middle....Metaknight will surely be high since people have said he's a good noob character.

awww, well looking at the brawl tourney characters, it's pretty much metakinght and pit.

Dkw0101 said:
this will sound stupid but whats a tier?
lol dont worry about sounding stupid man issnt that what forums are for?
ok so a tier is like a ranking of the potential of a character. taking into consideration their strength's and weaknesses such as speed, power, priority and such. it then groups them into levels or tiers which rank the characters. the higher tier characters are considered to have the most advantage in more situations and have more versatility. ...understand?
of for an example the tiers for the most part went like this...excluding some characters
Top tier: Fox, Falco, Marth
High: Shiek, captain falcon, jigglypuff
mid: ice climbers, pikachu, young link, yoshi, samus, etc
low: game and watch, pichu, bowser, kirby

Back