Brawl Tiers

As spiff demonstrated, most characters are mid-tier. Only the truly elite characters make the higher tiers (just so happens the vast majority of them are speedy...)

And about DDD, I heard that he actually was looking high-tier, what happened to that?

ssbb_lover said:
As spiff demonstrated, most characters are mid-tier. Only the truly elite characters make the higher tiers (just so happens the vast majority of them are speedy...)

And about DDD, I heard that he actually was looking high-tier, what happened to that?

oh i actually havent seen his full moveset really. he just looks kinda slow and too floaty for a big character. know what i mean?

I can see Peach still being n the higher ends of the tiers. Bowser and Kirby might climb up a little if the buffs we've heard about are true. Lucas will be low tier most likely.

LemonManX said:
I can see Peach still being n the higher ends of the tiers. Bowser and Kirby might climb up a little if the buffs we've heard about are true. Lucas will be low tier most likely.
i'm thinking the same. Yoshi should rise to...what buffs did you hear?

I think Metaknight will start as a high tier, but after a couple weeks, he will drop to mid or low...that is because he will be strong for beginning players...once players start mastering the elite players and effectively know their character inside and out, metaknight will drop...

Just my opinion...

duke_fan13 said:
I think Metaknight will start as a high tier, but after a couple weeks, he will drop to mid or low...that is because he will be strong for beginning players...once players start mastering the elite players and effectively know their character inside and out, metaknight will drop...

Just my opinion...
this makes sense...that would mean though that he would always be low tier lol as pro melee players will own when they first pick up the game anyways lol i think he'll be one of those characters every noob loves but is not nearly as good in competative play...like kirby, yoshi (spammed down b) of melee lol

i really hope yoshi improves because he was a possibility for my main character..I have only played a little bit of SSB Melee in my time, so i'm not going to be very good at brawl..but i think if i find a character and learn the techniques, i'll be able to hang with quite a few people.

duke_fan13 said:
i really hope yoshi improves because he was a possibility for my main character..I have only played a little bit of SSB Melee in my time, so i'm not going to be very good at brawl..but i think if i find a character and learn the techniques, i'll be able to hang with quite a few people.

very nice. just choose one and stick with him and you'll learn his spacing and stuff well...that was my problem in melee. i used too many characters so i had no main really

i'm thinking ike should be top tier since i imagine he will play similar to marth or roy who both were popular with the people i played with anyways

Ike's tier position is hard to guess.

I mean he has power but he sounds very slow. He could be like Ganondorf but I'll estimate that he'll fall somewhere in mid tier.

LemonManX said:
Ike's tier position is hard to guess.

I mean he has power but he sounds very slow. He could be like Ganondorf but I'll estimate that he'll fall somewhere in mid tier.
ya he seems like one of those characters where yuo gotta wavedash to fsmash hits all the time

I hear (I don't know for sure...) that Ike's Side Smash, when fully charged, can K.O. Mario and Kirby at 30%.

It would just be a matter of hitting them. I personally think that Ike has the potential to be a high tier. Depends on who uses them.

I wonder how Lucas will match up. He seems a lot stronger than Ness, especially with the PK Ice having the mobility it does.

AtomicB said:
I hear (I don't know for sure...) that Ike's Side Smash, when fully charged, can K.O. Mario and Kirby at 30%.

It would just be a matter of hitting them. I personally think that Ike has the potential to be a high tier. Depends on who uses them.

I wonder how Lucas will match up. He seems a lot stronger than Ness, especially with the PK Ice having the mobility it does.
i'm not so sure about the high tier. sounds like bowser of melee to me. but does that mean mario's going to be lighter in brawl than he was in melee? to be killed as easy as kirby?

Back