Buying the Wii

Yes you should definetally get a Wii. Although there aren't the best games out for it yet, the Wii will get them soon. Spiderman 3, I heard that the camera was horrible but if you can live through that then go ahead. And the graphics at times can be bad, but a lot of the Nintendo games coming out look beautiful.

---Brian--- said:
Id say no, the games are really bad at the moment, the graphics, lol whoever said they are a step-up from the Gamecube is blind, if anything it's a major step down from the games ive saw. I feel stupid for getting the Wii, and am considering selling for a ps3, £500 for all i have sounds great, I really need half-decent graphics to enjoy a game, and the controls can be annoying, especially when your playing a Fps, and the controller does not respond or aim correctly for minutes at a time, this happens too frequent for my liking in Cod:3 and Red Steel. The remotes are good but do not make up for the lack of power the wii has, and they also still have some problems on the remotes they got to fix.

Oh come on now. The graphics are better than both my PS2 and original XBOX. They're not as bad as SOME people make them out to be. They are just not as good as 360 or PS3, but they're still good.

---Brian--- said:
Id say no, the games are really bad at the moment, the graphics, lol whoever said they are a step-up from the Gamecube is blind, if anything it's a major step down from the games ive saw. I feel stupid for getting the Wii, and am considering selling for a ps3, £500 for all i have sounds great, I really need half-decent graphics to enjoy a game, and the controls can be annoying, especially when your playing a Fps, and the controller does not respond or aim correctly for minutes at a time, this happens too frequent for my liking in Cod:3 and Red Steel. The remotes are good but do not make up for the lack of power the wii has, and they also still have some problems on the remotes they got to fix.

Brian, can you please explain to me that if PS3 is soo good, why games like Fight Night round 3 can get laggy when punching sometimes?

Surely a machine that 'powerful' can handle a simple boxing game without struggling? The Xbox 360 has no problems with it and its older and less 'powerful' than PS3?

Read some reviews from a reputable gaming site like IGN, you will probably cry finding out that some PS3 games have problems.

Umm have any PS3 games been rated anything over 8.5 or 9? surely they i'd expect all games to be a high 8 or 9's for the console having so much power and its price?

Let me know when you find any Brian.

Wii graphics are very good, though not as good as PS3 or 360, but close.

gameplay is amazing and the Wiimote's controlls are great. Games like Wii Sports and WarioWare: Smooth Moves really get you up off the chair and into the game.

The best games and more Hard Core games are coming out this year, and even online play is coming this year. You've got Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3 and many others coming out soon.

Just my opinion. Don't listen to those other people. like Brian.

bubs said:
Brian, can you please explain to me that if PS3 is soo good, why games like Fight Night round 3 can get laggy when punching sometimes?

Surely a machine that 'powerful' can handle a simple boxing game without struggling? The Xbox 360 has no problems with it and its older and less 'powerful' than PS3?

Read some reviews from a reputable gaming site like IGN, you will probably cry finding out that some PS3 games have problems.

Umm have any PS3 games been rated anything over 8.5 or 9? surely they i'd expect all games to be a high 8 or 9's for the console having so much power and its price?

Let me know when you find any Brian.

*Got my Ps3 6 days ago, Fight Night doesnt lag at all for me? nor does any game for that matter on the Ps3 and i have MotorStorm, F1, Resistance and Virtua Tennis. But you want to talk about lag? Blazing Angels on the Wii, great game but it lags if anymore than 4 planes turn up on your screen, thats how pathetic the Wii is in my opinion. Its ok fun, but too under-powered.*

Ohh and most Ps3 games so far have got between 7-9, MotorStorm, Resistance, F1. Apart from Zelda and Mario, ive saw wii games getting ratings below 5.

Nfanboy said:

gameplay is amazing and the Wiimote's controlls are great. Games like Wii Sports and WarioWare: Smooth Moves really get you up off the chair and into the game.

The best games and more Hard Core games are coming out this year, and even online play is coming this year. You've got Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3 and many others coming out soon.

Ohh yeah, but he should listen to a fanboys opinion? i have both consoles, in my opinion the Ps3 is better, i do not favour either developers, but the Ps3 is a better console.

spider-Man 3 is much better on the other consoles IMO. So if your a hradcore spidey fan dont get a wii get a 360 or ps3
But the wii is great fun!
And your friends will be jealous...
(heck i'm jealous of my friends and they have wii)
And it has the best sonic game in a long time.
Mario Galaxy Metroid Prime and alot of other gamez are coming im just waiting for them to be easy to get.

no dont get one
just for the fact you want to get one partly for spiderman 3
a game out on every possible platform
that is also a licensed game...
couldnt get any worse than that..

Nfanboy said:

if you dont want to listen to anyone dont listen to this kid
hes like 5 years old and is a fanboy
wii graphics arent even close to 360/ps3...

Sovieto said:
no dont get one
just for the fact you want to get one partly for spiderman 3
a game out on every possible platform
that is also a licensed game...
couldnt get any worse than that..

if you dont want to listen to anyone dont listen to this kid
hes like 5 years old and is a fanboy
wii graphics arent even close to 360/ps3...

Yeah Spider-Man 3 is kickass on 360 W0ot!

Back