Wii questions

Seedhouse

WiiChat Member
Feb 13, 2007
Nottingham/ Manchester
Wii Online Code
1700-3982-6914-0627
Hi guys, as I said in my introduction, i'm hopefully getting a Wii for my birthday in a month, depending on whether we can find one in a shop somewhere, or if stock arrives! :( I'm probably going to get Zelda and Warioware (with Wii sports coming with the console?) to start off :rolleyes:

Just have a few questions:
1. I'd quite like to get all my friends playing, so i'll need extra controllers on top of the one's that come with the game- do I just buy 3 extra Wii Remotes, or do i need to by Numchuks too?
2. Recommend buying a memory card?
3. Should I buy the better Video cable, as I heard the one that comes with it isn't as crisp on screen?
4. If I can't get one in the shops, do you think it's worthwhile trying to grab one off Ebay?

Cheers in advance :thumbsup:

Seedhouse said:
Just have a few questions:
1. I'd quite like to get all my friends playing, so i'll need extra controllers on top of the one's that come with the game- do I just buy 3 extra Wii Remotes, or do i need to by Numchuks too?
2. Recommend buying a memory card?
3. Should I buy the better Video cable, as I heard the one that comes with it isn't as crisp on screen?
4. If I can't get one in the shops, do you think it's worthwhile trying to grab one off Ebay?

Cheers in advance :thumbsup:

1. some games only require the wii remote, but others need the nunchuck. your better off buying both remote and nunchuck.

2. it isnt really needed, the wii has ALOT of internal memory. it would just be a waste of money.

3. my picture is fine, it depends what TV you have. dont buy a new one till you tried the one in the wii box.

4. maybe, but it will be more expensive, and be careful who you buy from.

I'll add to 2 and 3.

2. I bought one so that I'd have PLENTY of room, also, my digital camera takes an sd card, so i thought it'd be win win.

3. If you have a HDTV, get the component cables, makes the picture sooooooooo much better.

Hope this helps :)

Would I need to get an extra 3 remotes, and 3 numchuks for the games that i'm getting currently? (I can see you've got them in your User sig :) ) Or can I just get 3 remotes for the time being?

Wii sports only needs remotes, up to 4 if you want 4 player tennis/bowling/golf, apart from boxing where you need nunchucks, but that's only two player. Zelda doesn't have multiplayer and warioware you only need one remote and can play with up to 16 people.

nunchucks are the only thing easy to come by these days anyways... and they arnt that expensive... what im affriad of is evey other attachment the wiimote will need for new games as they come out... i already can tell by the two little slits in the wiimote just below the top they plan on it "sliding" into many other attachments and who knows what else to get it to play games... and if it keeps working out the way it is now they are going to combo games with the attachments just so you have to buy one game to play the other... or to get a wiimote at all..lol im sure the stock of wiimotes are gonna stay low untill the wiiplay game sells more... good call on nintendos part for forced sales.. but not sure how long ill like that.

Yes Nintendo are marketing geniuses..they eventually will make wireless nunchucks, the Wii Weights, pistol and shotgun attachments for the wiimotes and other accessories

it does make it more fun.. i can picture another resident evil chain saw just like with game cube...

but it cost to get what ends up being just a look, hopefully it isn't forced its just an added bonus. i dont mind but i got plenty of friends that wont spend money on extra stuff like that to play..
its just one more collector item for me.. go next to my NES R.O.B robot/power pad/powerglove...
all the little things that just make it a fun hobbie... expensive but fun

Concerning the component cables I would highly recommend grabbing some if you have an lcd/plasma/dlp television. They do make quite the pleasant difference.

Back