Can a Wii game be Patched ?

paulwilko

WiiChat Member
Feb 1, 2007
Grand Slam Tennis is desperate for a patch but I am hearing that Wii games can not be patched.

Is this true ?

That appears to be the case.

When Guitar Hero had a bug where the songs were playing in mono, you had to get a replacement disc.

Generally games that get patched need a big amount of memory to store things on.

So im thinking the answer is no on the question.

Wii having only a minimal amount of storage won't be getting any updates or patches.

This is only disappointing because the other systems have the capability. What happened to getting it right the first time? Quality Control? Testing?

What exactly is wrong with GST?

Thx for the replies

How ridiculous is that though !!!!

Fancy releasing a game that is full of faults and yet cant be rectified !!!!

As someone pointed out, the patch will be the 2010 version of the game !!!!

Bad news indeed !

This is only disappointing because the other systems have the capability. What happened to getting it right the first time? Quality Control? Testing?

There is a fault (ONLINE ONLY I THINK) where if Player 1 serves a fast serve, then whatever the other player does, it will be given as out !!!!
That is the main one but there is also Lag issues which they probably cant fix and that sjust life, but the serve issue above is causing many people to lose there games for no good reason and is killing online play !!

It is lazy developers fault.
I mean look at the recent Fable 2 fiasco.

They rushed it out and it was buggy as heck

Back