Can use a normal contoller for Red Steel?

JerrodDRagon

Wii New and Reviews
Nov 28, 2006
TO
Wii Online Code
8369-4137-0402-8056
Yeah the game is fun but I hate using thw wii remote for it (I like the Wii remote for games like Wii Sports but not this)
I just have too hard of a time playing Red steel with the 2 new contollers.
Also is Zelda hard to play with the Wii remote?

Well, in order to be able to use a different controller, every control must be represented on both. You have two motion sensors, a pointer, and a joystick to cover. Chances are 0. Zelda isn't as bad, it doesn't use nearly as much motion control (the only ones I've come across so far are your fishing rod and sword).

I understand the fact that people want to use a controller for sertain games but if you want that sooooo much, you maybe shoulda coughed up 700$ or wutever for a ps3. Or just play gc games or dl virtual console games for controller gameplay.

JerrodDRagon said:
Yeah the game is fun but I hate using thw wii remote for it (I like the Wii remote for games like Wii Sports but not this)
I just have too hard of a time playing Red steel with the 2 new contollers.
Also is Zelda hard to play with the Wii remote?

Zelda is not that Hard,
Once you learn the Game the controls are easy.
Red Steel has clunky controls tho so just move on to somethin else..

SinfulKnight said:
Zelda is not that Hard,
Once you learn the Game the controls are easy.
Red Steel has clunky controls tho so just move on to somethin else..

My movements in red steel are quite fluid and smooth.

Perhaps I am just far superior to most? Or maybe people are just whiney about the controls?

vagrant said:

Perhaps I am just far superior to most? Or maybe people are just whiney about the controls?
Im not trying to whine but the game could be played with a regulor controller I can understand why Zelda can not have both but why not other games. Nintendo needs to understand that most of use rather just use a controller beause tats how most of use grew up playing games why not give the option of both?? DBZ has that option why not Red Steel?

JerrodDRagon said:
Im not trying to whine but the game could be played with a regulor controller I can understand why Zelda can not have both but why not other games. Nintendo needs to understand that most of use rather just use a controller beause tats how most of use grew up playing games why not give the option of both?? DBZ has that option why not Red Steel?

I started playing when I was 6 with NES and I still play today with Great understanding on how the Wiimote Works. Once you spend enough time with the control you'll get the hang of it. I understand what you meen but it just takes time. Keep Playing, You'll Bloom at some point.

vagrant said:

I went by what I've been told, Many Ppl Complained about the controls in RS. I plan on getting it since Far Cry is like 2 weeks away and I'm about to Beat Zelda.

You will notice a lot of the people who complain about the controls typically tend to have some sort of reference to anime in there name or signatures. My point being, people who just suck at FPS in general bought the game not realizing, that if you suck at FPS, you will suck at red steel.

JerrodDRagon said:

This argument just hurt my brain, so you want a console in which the entire premise of designing it is to use the motion sensing controller...and then replace this with a normal controller option for the games? What...the...F? Wouldn't you then be left with say the equivalent powerwise as an XBox except you'd be like 4-5 years out of date?

And I would imagine DBZ has the option because it's also been released on the other last gen consoles? Well PS2 at least, plus its a BEATEM UP, if you gave red steel normal controller controls then what on earth would be the point?!

Dude. If nintendo realized you wanted an old school controller, and made one. then the wii would suck. there would be no draw. the controller *IS* the wii.

You can guarantee there will be games out in the future that REQUIRE classic controllers. Super Smash Bros will reportedly require classics or GCN controllers, and you can count on lazy developers dropping the latest movie tie in games on all 3 systems forcing classic controller use on Wii.

Oh man... and this thread is what makes me waant to start the organization ASPA. The Anti Stupid People Alliance. It's like stupid people overload on this site sometimes.

JerrodDRagon said:

wow...um hi i'd like to introduce you to nintendo, nintendo, this is an ignorant kid..

ok like you say we grew up playing games with regular controllers the basic POINT of the wii is to REVOLUTIONize the gaming industry with a new way to control..for me at least, the controlls were the base of its appeal.

Dear god, why even buy the only console on the market with a revolutionary controller, then not want to use said controller for games specifically designed for it....

...why?

Pecky said:
Dear god, why even buy the only console on the market with a revolutionary controller, then not want to use said controller for games specifically designed for it....

...why?

Because his mother drank bleach while impregnated with him.

Back