Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Can Wii get Street Fighter 4 please

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii Gaming' started by twenty1, Feb 4, 2009.

1. twenty1

twenty1 WiiChat Member

A talk with Street Fighter producer

1UP: There's been some talk from Capcom -- I can't remember if it was you or someone else who said this -- that if there's enough demand for it, a Wii version of Street Fighter 4 could be possible. So where are you with things now? How would you view a Street Fighter game on the Wii -- would you keep it as "Street Fighter 4" or do some sort of "Street Fighter Kids"?

YO: Yeah, it's definitely true that we've had a lot of requests for a port for the Wii. And it's definitely doable. We just don't have any plans for it yet, that's all. If we feel strongly enough that it would sell, I'd imagine we'd do it. But it definitely would be Street Fighter 4 -- not some dumbed down version.

1UP: So is there really any question within Capcom that a Wii version would sell?

YO: Going back to my philosophy for Street Fighter, the game is essentially a tool, not just a unique piece of entertainment. I think of it like chess -- that game can be played anywhere. As long as people want to play Street Fighter 4, it could be on anything -- even this iPhone, for that matter [Points to the iPhone on the table]. It really could be on any platform that could support it. So let's just see what happens.

Can Wii get this please

2. DBloke

DBloke The last original
    Staff Member Moderator

Wii Friend Code: 8041-7231-3447-6164
    8041-7231-3447-6164
    It couldn't be on the Atari 2600
    (Believe me ive played Street fighter 2 on the Amiga with one button controls and it wasnt a pleasant experience)
    If people want to play it that much they will just get the 360/PS3/PC version (or get the console to play it on)

Just get a PS3/360/PC and play it arcade perfect (with more stuff) rather than play a down graded version

3. wiipsycho

wiipsycho WiiChat Member

first of all ps3 is a waste of money, I had one i should know. The only game worth playing on ps3 is mgs4 which was excellent. How can you water down a fighting game? Really, all you do is fight. The wii can handle street fighter 4. all you have to do is turn the wii mote sideways or use classic controller. and 360 breaks down alot. I rather play street fighter 4 for free online then waste money for xbox live!

4. baldbull

baldbull WiiChat Member

considering how well street fighter 2 did on snes it would be do very well on the wii. plus the success of ssbb shows that people love fighting games.

5. DBloke

DBloke The last original
    Staff Member Moderator

8041-7231-3447-6164
    Turning the wiimote side ways
    [​IMG]
    Strange
    Ive had my 360 for well over a year and its yet to break down as is my mates (hes had his since launch)

Nintendo dont know what there doing with online games where as the 360 has one of the best services (mines not online) but that mentioned mate plays his online all the time
    (I do agree about the lack of PS3 exclusive games tho)
    There have been talk about the Wii not being able to handle the detail
    Street fighter 2 sold well on most formats that didnt mean it was a good conversion
    Spectrum version anyone ?
    [​IMG]

6. CantGetAWii

CantGetAWii WiiChat Member

Wii Friend Code: 3099-0319-5478-2979
    3099-0319-5478-2979
    Wii Version would be cool, but I'd just play it on the 360 come November.

7. Godwind

Godwind WiiChat Member

I don't think so. While super smash bros. is a fighting game, there is nothing like it in the genre. When you say "the success of ssbb shows that people love fighting games”, I assume you refer to wii users and not people in general. There are people who hate Brawl.

Features of Super Smash Bros. Series
    -Platforming is an important issue in the series. Completely unique to other fighting games.
    -Winning depends completely on knocking people off a stage/platform.
    -No Auto-facing
    -No rounds (Uses lives or a ring out for scoring).
    -Unlimited Health
    -No directional control input (always the same universally)

Features of most fighting games
    -No platforms
    -Winning depends on depleting the enemy's health
    -Auto facing
    -Game is divided into rounds
    -Limited Health
    -Control input is based on direction.

Besides that, Super Smash Bros. Brawl is a form of fan service. It is only meant for those who are fans of Nintendo. Some people just play to their favorite Nintendo characters beat the crap out of each other.

Also, just because it is a fighter doesn't mean people like it when they buy fighters. Generally speaking, I hate 3D plane fighting games compared to the 2D plane fighting games. The only 3D fighters I ever liked is Soul Calibur 2 for the gamecube (I only liked it because it had Link), Power Stone and Power Stone 2. I hate games like Dead or Alive, Tekken, Virtua Fighter and of such. In fact I own the original Soul Calibur game for the Dreamcast and hate it. Yet it is considered one the best games of all time.

Besides, the controls wouldn't work to well on the wii. Street Fighter is played using 10 buttons; up, down, right, left, light punch, medium punch, heavy punch, light kick, medium kick and heavy kick. To properly play Street fighter, you would need an arcade stick, a classic controller or gamecube controller. The best input I can come up with is the analog stick for a D-input, waggle the nunchuck for kicks, waggle the Wii Remote for punches and the buttons A, B, C and Z will be used as modifiers. Another modification could be made such as A to LP, B to LK, C to MP, Z to MK, A+C to to HP and B+Z to make a HK. It just wouldn't correctly.

Power Stone 3 would be better for the Wii. A to punch, B to kick, C to jump, Z to grab, the analog stick to move around, the D pad to use final attacks while in power drive. In addition, it would work perfectly with the Classic Controller and the Gamecube controller. In addition, Power Stone 3 would be better geared to Wii users as opposed to Street Fighter 4. The game should include an Arcade mode, Adventure mode, Party mode. Versus mode. The whole cast of characters are pretty strange and unique. Maybe they could add some exclusive characters such as Mario or Link. The game would be awesome.

8. raisinghelen

raisinghelen WiiChat Member

Controls wouldn't be an issue because you would play it with a Classic or Gamecube controller, I mean how many people actually play SSBB with a Wiimote and nunchuck? Probably not many.

Tatsunoko vs. Capcom seems to work fine on the Wii, in fact I'd rather that got a US release over SF4.

9. DBloke

DBloke The last original
    Staff Member Moderator

8041-7231-3447-6164
    Have you tryed Capcom vs SNK 2 on the game cube ?
    That pad isnt made for fighting games
    Heck the only controller that was made for them was the mark 2 Saturn pad
    Tatsunoko vs Capcom seems to be a bit pointless as theres a handfull of cahricters that most know and the rest are unknowns exept the ones on capcoms side
    Id rather see Marvel vs Capcom 3 or better yet Capcom vs SNK 3 (with out those stupidly powerful bossies)
    [​IMG]

10. Sovieto

Sovieto Banned

Anything is possible...

all you have to do is just turn the wiimote sideways!

#10 Sovieto, Feb 5, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2009
  11. raisinghelen

raisinghelen WiiChat Member

To be honest I never was a big fan of the NGC controller. My favorite SF adaptations were on the SNES and 3D0; so using the Classic controller would be ideal.

I'd like Tatsunoko vs Capcom just to be able to play as Ken/Mark/Ace from Gatchaman/Battle of the Planets/G-Force. Any Marvel vs Capcom type game would be cool too though and they'd still interest me more than SF4 has so far.

12. DBloke

DBloke The last original
    Staff Member Moderator

8041-7231-3447-6164
    Bonus point for the mention of the 3DO version (even tho it did need the six button controller to play it properly)
    (Still prefer the Saturn pad for fighting games I preorderd the new Fighting pad for my 360 on the sole reason that its bassed off the Saturn mark2 pad)

Street fighter four has a Street fighter EX style taste to it (Dear Lemmy I hope Akumas warp dosent do the same thing it did on that)
    But im looking forward to the new King of the fighters
    (MAKE A GAROU 2 DAMN IT)

13. Godwind

Godwind WiiChat Member

Let me put it in a simpler way.

Guilty Gear XX Accent Core
    http://wii.ign.com/articles/828/828947p2.html
    Everything about the game but the controls were well received. Keep in mind that buying a Classic Controller makes the game a $70 dollar game, not a $50 game.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl
    http://wii.ign.com/articles/856/856580p2.html
    Notice how the controls were not an issue. This meant the game was already placed and ready to be played.

14. Poink

Poink lololol

Wii Friend Code: 5159-5014-1077-8762
    5159-5014-1077-8762
    I have a Hori joystick for Wii.
    That's what I use to play Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom and would obviously do the same for SF4.
    I know a few people who are more fond of using normal controllers over arcade sticks to play fighting games anyway, so I can see a lot of people just using GC/Classic controllers with customized controls.

15. twenty1

twenty1 WiiChat Member

For those saying turn the Wiimote sideways.....are you forgetting the Gamecube controller and the Classic controller?!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thats all they would need to do......allow for those control options and Wii are set....C'mon guys I thought you where real Wii owners......turning the Wiimote sideways is wack for Street Fighter!!!!

16. CantGetAWii

3099-0319-5478-2979
    If its made for Wii though, why use a GameCube controller or Classic controller. Either use what it came with or don't make it for Wii, because it'd work better on various platforms.

I know most people used their GameCube controller for Brawl but bringing this game on Wii and not using the remote and or nunchuck seems pointless to me.

17. twenty1

twenty1 WiiChat Member

Ahhhhhhh you sound like a noob

You dont get it......The Wii has options.....for a fighting game the GC controller or the Classic controller is recommendable......this isnt some first person shooter where the Wiimote would be ideal.....and also the more Wii games the better.....the Wii cant thrive on exclusive titles alone....the Gamecube did that and well you probably didnt get a Gamecube now did you!!

18. DBloke

DBloke The last original
    Staff Member Moderator

8041-7231-3447-6164
    Dont say that
    The Wii gets enough shite as it is

Atari on the other hand .........[​IMG]

19. CantGetAWii

3099-0319-5478-2979
    I actually own a GameCube and own/have played various amounts of GC games.

Anyways, the Wii has options? Sure, but the 360 say doesn't. However FPS and Fighting games work well on the controller, catch my drift? You don't need a bunch of controllers for different games, one controller should suit all. That's why many wish for Nintendo to go back to normal controllers for their next console.

Who's sounds like a noob now?

20. GigaRidley

GigaRidley Ouroboros

Wii Friend Code: 4005-0628-2206-3853
    4005-0628-2206-3853
    I will totally buy SF4 if it does eventually release on the Wii. As for controls, there could be multiple selectable options, a'la SSBB. If there are no plans for the Wii soon, though, I'll probably just buy it for PC.