Can Wii get Street Fighter 4 please

If its made for Wii though, why use a GameCube controller or Classic controller. Either use what it came with or don't make it for Wii, because it'd work better on various platforms.

I know most people used their GameCube controller for Brawl but bringing this game on Wii and not using the remote and or nunchuck seems pointless to me.

If its made for Wii though, why use a GameCube controller or Classic controller. Either use what it came with or don't make it for Wii, because it'd work better on various platforms.

I know most people used their GameCube controller for Brawl but bringing this game on Wii and not using the remote and or nunchuck seems pointless to me.

Ahhhhhhh you sound like a noob

You dont get it......The Wii has options.....for a fighting game the GC controller or the Classic controller is recommendable......this isnt some first person shooter where the Wiimote would be ideal.....and also the more Wii games the better.....the Wii cant thrive on exclusive titles alone....the Gamecube did that and well you probably didnt get a Gamecube now did you!!

and also the more Wii games the better.....the Wii cant thrive on exclusive titles alone.
Dont say that
The Wii gets enough shite as it is

Atari on the other hand .........

Ahhhhhhh you sound like a noob

You dont get it......The Wii has options.....for a fighting game the GC controller or the Classic controller is recommendable......this isnt some first person shooter where the Wiimote would be ideal.....and also the more Wii games the better.....the Wii cant thrive on exclusive titles alone....the Gamecube did that and well you probably didnt get a Gamecube now did you!!

I actually own a GameCube and own/have played various amounts of GC games.

Anyways, the Wii has options? Sure, but the 360 say doesn't. However FPS and Fighting games work well on the controller, catch my drift? You don't need a bunch of controllers for different games, one controller should suit all. That's why many wish for Nintendo to go back to normal controllers for their next console.

Who's sounds like a noob now?

I will totally buy SF4 if it does eventually release on the Wii. As for controls, there could be multiple selectable options, a'la SSBB. If there are no plans for the Wii soon, though, I'll probably just buy it for PC.

Anyways, the Wii has options? Sure, but the 360 say doesn't. However FPS and Fighting games work well on the controller, catch my drift? You don't need a bunch of controllers for different games, one controller should suit all. That's why many wish for Nintendo to go back to normal controllers for their next console.
Street fighter with "waggle" controls
*SHUDDER*
The controls for Street fighter dont need changing

I agree, waggle controls have no real place in any 2D, 2.5D or maybe even a quasi 3D fighter (unless done really well). For a 1st person fighter (like Wii Sports Boxing) they could be great but not for Street Fighter.

The only motion control that might feel good in SF could be Ryu's fireball but it would probably simplify the game too much to map special moves to a motion. So I still think no, unless maybe they made a Wii specific game. For SF4 it would have to have Classic/NGC controller support though.

Who's sounds like a noob now?

Not me if that is who you are directing that to.....Nintendo & Sega (you old enough to remember Sega in the hardware biz?) have always raised the bar with their controllers.....guarantee the next gen systems will have motion controls thanks to the Nintendo Wii

Not me if that is who you are directing that to.....Nintendo & Sega (you old enough to remember Sega in the hardware biz?) have always raised the bar with their controllers.....guarantee the next gen systems will have motion controls thanks to the Nintendo Wii
If that is teh case (which it probably won't be) I'm going to stick to PC. The mass market who is buying the Wii won't want another Wii, they hardly play their Wii in the first place and when they do it is all they need. Motion controls is a 1 time thing, not a gaming revolution, since a real gaming revolution would revolutionize all types of games, not just certain ones that appeal to non-gamers.

I wonder what the specs needed for the PC version are ?

To put it another way
If I can get it running on any of these PCs ive got this X arcade stick will be plugged into that PC

Judging by other responses in this thread I'm not alone when I say that SF4 with Wii controls would not work.

Nintendo realizes (hopefully) that they will need to change their controllers again. I know Nintendo changes their controllers from time to time, but they can't expect to keep using motion control as some games just don't work on Wii. Why limit Wii owners, make something that is accessible.

Judging by other responses in this thread I'm not alone when I say that SF4 with Wii controls would not work.

Though I think it's doubtful that Wiimote controls would work for SF 4 (unless it was turned on its' side like an old controller with no wii-moving involved) They could certainly use a Classic Controller or Gamecube remote. I honestly think that they would both work just fine.

Though I think it's doubtful that Wiimote controls would work for SF 4 (unless it was turned on its' side like an old controller with no wii-moving involved) They could certainly use a Classic Controller or Gamecube remote. I honestly think that they would both work just fine.

That was my point earlier though, why have a bunch of controllers that could work rather than having one do it all (i.e. 360 controller, where FPS and fighting games can be played and work well).

unless it was turned on its' side like an old controller with no wii-moving involved
Ever played Street fighter with two small buttons ?
You need all the buttons right where you can press them
Like with the new focus attack (MP+MK)

I just hope that throws are done the old fashioned way (Away+attack)and not the third strike way (LP+LK)

Back