Can't get my N64 to work :(

Happy

Dobedobebo
Dec 9, 2006
London
Wii Online Code
0710-2343-2773-8881
I fished out my N64 from the basement yesterday along with nearly all the games ever released on it. Last time I played on it, it was on a crappy old tv. Now Ive got my new widescreen flatscreen modern TV. When I plug the N64 into the TV everything on my tv goes fuzzy. The games work but it is completly fuzzy. So the only way I can get it to not be fuzzy is having the original thing in into the tele, and when thats in there isnt another socket for my N64. Sorry I cant be more detailed about the 'socket thingy' but Im sure people with a N64 will understand what I mean.

Wii_Fan said:
So the only way I can get it to not be fuzzy is having the original thing in into the tele, and when thats in there isnt another socket for my N64.
What's this original thing that you're referring to? :confused:

Well on my TV where the N64 plug goes in theres already something in there which makes the picture of the TV clear. Must be an arial or something and when I take it out and put in the N64 plug the picture quality is fuzzy.

omg u usimg aerial connector for the 64 LOL!!!!!! use a YRW connector, off a gamecube or the one that game with the 64 im asuming u used to play on a really old tv without the ports

It is a completly different shape to what I plug my Wii and GC into.

You'll need to use an N64 one (not sure if there are alternatives, someone mention them if they know of any).

take the tv cable from the gamecube and plug it in the 64, it will fit its the same. pull out the aerial connector first of course and bingo. aerial connector ewwww i remember using one on the master system *shudder, but atleast clear tv was still possible coz of the extra port on the connector

and i know it fits coz the wii is the 1st nintendo console to use a diff connector, i use a 64 1 for my gamecube... bloody cat

You could try something like this:Here
It's a universal aerial thing.

Other than that, you could try manual tuning your TV in. Or get a new Coaxial cable (the cable running from the block in the end of your N64 to the TV).

Coaxial cableHere
B00030574Q.02._AA280_SCLZZZZZZZ_V54285601_.jpg

Wii17 said:
take the tv cable from the gamecube and plug it in the 64, it will fit its the same. pull out the aerial connector first of course and bingo. aerial connector ewwww i remember using one on the master system *shudder, but atleast clear tv was still possible coz of the extra port on the connector

and i know it fits coz the wii is the 1st nintendo console to use a diff connector, i use a 64 1 for my gamecube... bloody cat
Thanks! Its working now :) Although when playing everything seems to be a little bit fuzzy. Proberly just the console though.

Wii17 said:
i know it fits coz the wii is the 1st nintendo console to use a diff connector, i use a 64 1 for my gamecube... bloody cat
Wow, I never knew that - thanks for the info! :)

no problem :), when my cat chewed up my gc cord i was like noooo then i found my 64 1 and decided to see if it would fit and it did lol

yeah i do the same thing,,, i use my Gamecube cable for the N64. and they are right next to each other, so whenever i feel like playing N64 i just take out the cable and plug it right in and im set.

Back