Cars

Just saw this on Top Gear..*WANT*

spyker_C8_Laviolette-L.jpg

[DT] said:
Agreed, that is ridiculous. I know people who street race, it just isn't smart, but they don't want to pay to use the track.

Cool thing in San Diego, because there is no drag strip, they use the entrance to Qualcomm Stadium (Where the Chargers play.) as an 1/8th mile drag strip for anyone and everyone. Open most Friday and Saturday nights when no other events are taking place.

Also in regards to someone's comment about a Mini, I'd love to have a Mini Cooper S, and then do a turbo upgrade, and some suspension mods, but stock I'd be happy.

Last edited:
Car People ~

On the National Geographic Channel tonight (EST), they've got a show called "Amazing Factories", and it's a car theme tonight.

At 8p is the Ferrari plant, and at 9p is the Corvette - it said "building the Z06" so I'm assuming showing the hand built 427 at Wixom, the carbon stuff, etc., both should be very cool (and in glorious HD on D* at least :D)

They also both repeat at 11p and and 12a (midnight EST) which is when I'll be catching them.

Enjoy :)

BASICALLY i hate all fords chevy is the way to go, but i have a question tha new camaro, is it still concept or will it for sure be made?

Well I haven't updated the current "fleet" we have at my parents house, but here you go.
2001 Acura TL. 3.2L V6 FWD.
01.acura.tl.500.jpg

2001 Ford F250. 7.3L V8 Turbo Diesel. 4x4. (As close as I can find without taking a picture)
2007_1126cars0001.JPG

1997 Toyota Camry LE. 2.2L I4 FWD.
97_toyota_camry_le_v6-3.jpg

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo. 4.0L I6. 4x4.
6A3EBA8F-8E5F-404A-84DA-F19153D9093A.jpg

1968 Ford Mustang Coupe. 5.0L V8. RWD.
stang03.jpg

1962 Ford Falcon. 3.3L I6. RWD. (You can see partial of the actual car in above picture)
1962_Ford_Falcon_4_door_rsv=KRM.jpg

The two shows were ++excellent++!! Some really interesting info about the engineering and production effort to put together two amazing vehicles.

The Bowling Green plant stuff was extra cool for me since I picked my car up at the factory and we got the deluxe tour for two as part of the delivery program. Met several of the folks on the show.

blueovalboy7 said:
1962 Ford Falcon. 3.3L I6. RWD. (You can see partial of the actual car in above picture)

The Falcon rocks!

The contractor who's doing our new patio door has a fully restored Ford Anglia - he's going to drive it over one day! I'll make sure to take some pics.

I just saw a commercial for the new Jaguar XF Supercharged, and I must say I very much like it. 420 hp, 413 lb-ft tq V8.

photography_133B2FB5-7B34-428F-BD28-37AE1BE542F6_405x669.jpg

well, last night there was a dirt track race meeting on, and since i am part of the pit crew for my best friend, it was time to go racing again!

heres some pics that i took from yesturday afternoon/last night

our car:
simo1.jpg

inside the car:
simo2.jpg

The front end:
simo4.jpg

track preperation:
simo3.jpg

Tear-off's on, ready and waiting:
simo5.jpg

Heading on to the track for the grand parade:
simo6.jpg

pictures below are from the grand parade:

simo7.jpg

simo8.jpg

simo9.jpg

simo10.jpg

simo11.jpg

simo12.jpg

simo13.jpg

simo14.jpg

simo15.jpg

simo16.jpg

returning from grand parade:
simo17.jpg

the way the car looked at the end of the night thanks to stupid drivers on the track :( poor girl :

simo18.jpg

heat race 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwaWNJwmpJU

i've only had time to put up the 1 video so far.

Last edited:
Looks fun.

I was driving by Qualcomm Stadium (Charger's Stadium) and they were using the parking lot for some sort of driving course, there was an M3 tearing up the course. I wanted to take my Jeep over and do it, but I think they'd laugh at me. :D

Back