Complete non-byass comparision of Ps3 and Wii

PS3overWii

WiiChat Member
Jan 9, 2007
Now I own a PS3, I use to be a Nintendo Fan but I got a ps2, and I'm tired of byass topics and stuff from wii lovers, so I listed pros and cons of the two. Now most of u would love to jump on this and attack the ps3 and say that I got something wrong, but I added my own thoughts along with websites and media stuff to make this. I don't own a Wii cuz I'm no longer a kid, got a job (I paid for my own ps3). Since I don't own a Wii I had to gather cons and pros from websites(like here) and the media.

Now I would like mature answers and non-attacking responses. If u would like to add ur pros or cons tell me and I'll add, but if u don't own a ps3 and make up a con, I wont list unless u provide source on internet.

PS3 Pros:
Swanky design with quiet operation
All games in high-definition
PSP-like user-friendly interface
Plays high-def Blu-ray movies in addition to standard DVDs
Built-in Wi-Fi
60GB hard drive
Bluetooth support for wireless controllers
Backwards-compatible with PS2 and PS1 titles
Built-in memory card readers
Online play is free
HDMI output with 1080p support
No external power supply

PS3 Cons:
Pricey
Doesn't upscale DVDs to HD resolution
HDMI cable not included
Not a large selection of launch games

Wii Pros:
Sleek and simple design makes it a fit in most living rooms
Simple and intuitive to use
Easy operation
Simple slideshow functionality
Can play GameCube games
Virtual Console
Fun for the younger group
Can in theory burn fat ;-)
Weather Channel?

Wii cons:
Only composite cables included
No recharge system for wireless remotes
Remote sensors can be a little finicky
Limited online capabilities
Can't connect to Ds and such
Poor graphics
Boring after 2-3 hours of play (polled by xbox and ps3 owners)

i want a PS3 but not out till march in UK. i have a Wii and think its great!
Can i ask, wats the best game u have played on for ps3?

You're doing this because you think it's funny :) hehe, trying to cause havoc in forums, you 1-poster :)

----------------------------------------------

lol, it's BIASED, not byassed and your post includes biased opinions. I don't hate the PS3, i just hate your post.

PS3overWii said:
PS3 Pros:
Swanky design with quiet operation
PSP-like user-friendly interface

PS3 Cons:
Pricey

Wii Pros:
Sleek and simple design makes it a fit in most living rooms
Simple and intuitive to use
Easy operation
Simple slideshow functionality
Can in theory burn fat ;-)

Wii cons:
Poor graphics

These are biased opinions. Swanky design? I say it's a big chunky clunk of junk. PSP like interface? I say it's such a crappy hard to use menu. Pricey? It's not a con. It's in my price range, what are you talking about? And so on.... You have a whole lot that is arguable and is completely biased.

To refresh your memory, Bias means:
Princeton said:
favoring one person or side over another; "a biased account of the trial"; "a decision that was partial to the defendant"
http://wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=biased

PS3overWii said:
Built-in Wi-Fi
Bluetooth support for wireless controllers
Backwards-compatible with PS2 and PS1 titles
Built-in memory card readers
Online play is free

All these PS3 pros are also on the Wii. Built in Wi-Fi on the Wii, Wiimotes also use bluetooth, it is 100% backwards compatible for GC games, has an SD card slot, and online play is free. What the heck are you thinking?

Wii cons:
Only composite cables included
No recharge system for wireless remotes
Poor graphics

What's wrong with composite cables? It's not like you have to pay about 60-120 for PS3 cables (compared to the 20 for Nintendo). No recharge system? well, i'm sorry for PS3 owners because they'll have to buy a whole new controller when the batteries die or start leaking, or even if they start to light on fire.
Remote sensors are not finicky if you have the correct distance and no other external sources. There's a reason why there are a ton of manuals in the box you get the Wii in. Read them.
Limited online stuff? The full shebang isn't even out yet. You can't say anything about it. If it does turn out to be crappy, i'll accept it but until then noone can say if it's good or bad.
There is a connection to the DS, you use it in Pokemon Battle Revolution. It's not like a big problem for you anyways, have fun with your PS3.
Poor graphics? Who is to say whether the graphics are good or not? The graphics are fine, they are neither top of the line nor on the bottom.
Boring after 2-3 hours? Where was this 'poll' created? Where's the source?

sorry coldshiver! i dont no the rules of forums! is it not good to "1 post"! sorry if am causing havoc hehe:) but i wanted to no gd games lol!

was that msg 4 me coldshiver or for PS3overWii ?
cos if its 4 me sorry

Last edited:
PS3overWii said:
Wii Pros:

Wii cons:

Poor graphics

Almost everything in your post is bias!!
First "Fun for the younger group":wtf: Wii can be played by anyone, just because games are rated E dosen't mean there kiddy. Example Rayman Raving Rabbids & Elebits. Trilight Princess, SSSB, No More Heroes, MP3, & Sadness(especially) are not for the "younger group"

Wii can connect to the DS. Nintenodo is working on a more adavanced connectivity between the 2 systems. The first game to have connection between the 2 is Pokemon Battle Revolution. Sure it's Pokemon but it's proof the DS can connect to Wii. Nintendo even mentioned the possiblity of being able download DS demos from you Wii.

Wii dosen't have 360 or PS3 graphics but EVERYONE knows that. That dosen't mean Wii's graphics are poor. Wii is 2x stronger than the GCN. The games may not look like it now, but it's still only the first generation games, so of course teir not using the consoles fullest abilities.

Of course PS3 or 360 owners polled would say gameplay gets boring. Most of them are probably fanboys. Or it could be they haven't tried games that would spark there interst that have yet to be released. Like SSBB, MP3, Sadness and many more that's going to be released this year.
I've said my piece:prrr:

Last edited:
i think this guy is an idiot, look at his sig, youre whole little pros in cons are debatable and the wii has some of the features you mentioned it didnt, pull your head out of your ass, your thread is a joke

PS3 Pros:
Swanky design with quiet operation -- Huge design, looks like a George Foreman Grill -- Generates a ton of Heat
All games in high-definition -- And they have CRAP fog effects and alias like hell
PSP-like user-friendly interface -- That interface BLOWS
Plays high-def Blu-ray movies in addition to standard DVDs -- I hope BluRay fails over HD-DVD
Built-in Wi-Fi -- Nice, so does Wii
60GB hard drive -- And you need this for...?
Bluetooth support for wireless controllers -- Nice, so does Wii
Backwards-compatible with PS2 and PS1 titles -- Yeah, they look REALLY good on the PS3. The Wii is backward compatible with Gamecube titles, and it runs them flawlessly.
Built-in memory card readers -- The Wii has SD built in, which is the only REAL memory card anyway.
Online play is free -- Same as Wii
HDMI output with 1080p support -- This is nice
No external power supply -- That sucks, so when your power supply dies (which is one of the more common failures), you need a new console.

PS3 Cons:
Pricey -- Yep, but it's a well priced BluRay player.
Doesn't upscale DVDs to HD resolution -- It doesn't even upscale, really.
HDMI cable not included -- They're cheap anyway. Check Monoprice.
Not a large selection of launch games -- And, they all suck except Resistance: Fall Of Man

More PS3 Cons:
Massive graphical aliasing
Bad fog effects due to limited graphics buffer
Clunky interface that sometimes fails to respond to input
Runs very warm
Non-replacable power supply
People pay for features many won't use

Wii Pros:
Sleek and simple design makes it a fit in most living rooms -- Yep
Simple and intuitive to use -- Yep
Easy operation -- Yep
Simple slideshow functionality -- Yep
Can play GameCube games -- And, a bunch of other games through Virtual Console
Virtual Console -- Yep
Fun for the younger group -- And, the older group
Can in theory burn fat ;-) -- Yep
Weather Channel? -- Nice

More Wii Pros:
Web Browser
Multiple controller configurations
Replacable batteries in the controllers
Solid-state construction -- no hard drives to rely on

Wii cons:
Only composite cables included -- It's all most people need. Why should they pay for component if they're not going to use them?
No recharge system for wireless remotes -- There is one coming out
Remote sensors can be a little finicky -- When misconfigured
Limited online capabilities -- IT HAS A WEB BROWSER AND FREE ONLINE GAME PLAY. It's coming.
Can't connect to Ds and such -- YES IT CAN!
Poor graphics -- The graphics are fine, the resolution is low.
Boring after 2-3 hours of play (polled by xbox and ps3 owners) -- No... The Wii is fun to play, it was even said by a Sony exec!

What's wrong with composite cables? It's not like you have to pay about 60-120 for PS3 cables (compared to the 20 for Nintendo). No recharge system? well, i'm sorry for PS3 owners because they'll have to buy a whole new controller when the batteries die or start leaking, or even if they start to light on fire.
Remote sensors are not finicky if you have the correct distance and no other external sources. There's a reason why there are a ton of manuals in the box you get the Wii in. Read them.

I bought my hdmi for less than $10 shipped from www.monoprice.com. The ps3 controller batteries are good for 5 years. I could never see the controller lighting on fire, but I guess if put some gas on it and lit it with a match it would.

The wii remote is very finicky. Theres been many times the cursor is no where to be found, or the controller drops the connection. Ive had a few times where it drops the connection and wont resync unless I reboot the system.

re

Wii_Rulez said:

Almost everything in your post is bias!!
First "Fun for the younger group":wtf: Wii can be played by anyone, just because games are rated E dosen't mean there kiddy. Example Rayman Raving Rabbids & Elebits. Trilight Princess, SSSB, No More Heroes, MP3, & Sadness(especially) are not for the "younger group"

I was tricked into buy rayman when I got my wii. The guy at toys r us said its a really fun game. I got it home and felt embarassed to play it. The game is meant for kids. The wii is really directed towards a younger crowd, because most games are rated e. Im not making fun of it, its just a simple fact. The wii will have plenty of adult games as well, but majority rules.

I think COLDshiver said it all really.

It's funny how people think they're somehow unbiased because they own both systems. If you owned a Wii and a 360 and was really into FPS, you'd like the 360 more. If you're into interesting gameplay and having your friends over to play a lot of games, you'd like the Wii better.

There's always going to be someone that prefers the other side, but that don't give them to right to write down half-arsed reasons for why their perspective is better than another.

I never liked fps. I didnt like halo. The only other fps I liked was goldeneye, and guess what system that was on.... I had my friends over playing the wii, and the ps3. The guys liked the ps3 better, but also liked the wii alot. The girls didnt like the ps3 that much because there are too many buttons. The wii was easier for them to play.

Wii&Ps3 said:
I was tricked into buy rayman when I got my wii. The guy at toys r us said its a really fun game. I got it home and felt embarassed to play it. The game is meant for kids. The wii is really directed towards a younger crowd, because most games are rated e. Im not making fun of it, its just a simple fact. The wii will have plenty of adult games as well, but majority rules.

personally i don't think that the wii will but directed towards a younger crowd since the main reason Nintendo designed a Wii-mote instead of using another classic controller is because they want to have a more generalized crowed. Nintendo wanted people who were older or younger or people who do no usually place video games to join in the fun. We all know people who sucks at video games because they cant used the controllers correctly, and have no interest to learn... however with the Wii this problem is partially solved, the Wii-mote is easy to use but hard to master and everyone, and age can pick up the Wii-mote and be at least competitive.

Jess said:
sorry coldshiver! i dont no the rules of forums! is it not good to "1 post"! sorry if am causing havoc hehe but i wanted to no gd games lol!

was that msg 4 me coldshiver or for PS3overWii ?
cos if its 4 me sorry

oh! :lol:! lol! Not you, my whole post is towards the stupid one poster above you, not you :)

Lol, this was such a non-biased post......>.>

The previous posts have pointed out your faults, PS3overWii. This wasn't even worth your time. Not only are the ppl here biased, but you posted a terrible argument which is even less convincing. I noticed that you said if we had anything to say that you would come back and update your 1st post....it looks like we pointed out all your faults and you ran away embarrassed. :wtf: How very brave and non-biased of you. ;)

Back