Component Cables

Yeungy

WiiChat Member
Mar 17, 2007
Australia
I was looking at getting them, but do they make a big difference to quality and graphics of games?

Also I saw a few different ones in the shops at different prices. Is there any difference in these and which ones are the better ones?

Yes they do make a difference everything is clearer and crisper colours look more colourful also if that makes any sense. All the cables are pretty much the same just get the cheapest

The cheapest is $25 Aussie Dollars, which is about ¼ of a full priced game ($100)

25bucks lol. If youre willing to buy over the internet you can get them for about 15AUD from sites like Play asia.

Aye they make a difference. The make your picture jaggier and therefore the graphics worse (I use component on my HD tv)...
Textures are more noticeable and detailed - but 3d objects become porcupines.. JAGGIES!!!!

i would say dont waste yoru money, i hear they dont make that much difference. get a game instead.

I too have seen component cables but what I would like to know is if there is SVGA cables. I would love to put my Wii on my KVM with my PC and my 360.

ive had the component cables since the day they were released from nintendo. i have the nintendo brand myself, but ive seen other brands as well. they make a noticeable difference when running in 480p vs 480i. every time i go to someones house and i have to play in 480i, with the regular cables, i notice a big difference, esp on games like zelda and galaxy. imo, they are well worth it.

progressive scan is always going to be better and will always look better.
here are some pics to prove it: component is on the left and composite is on the right:

click to make the pics bigger.

308246287_b8fb997d3d_o.jpg

308246289_01bbefb16c_o.jpg

308246291_f58fa3f149_o.jpg

the difference is clear in my opinion.

dedpoet777 said:
ive had the component cables since the day they were released from nintendo. i have the nintendo brand myself, but ive seen other brands as well. they make a noticeable difference when running in 480p vs 480i. every time i go to someones house and i have to play in 480i, with the regular cables, i notice a big difference, esp on games like zelda and galaxy. imo, they are well worth it.

progressive scan is always going to be better and will always look better.
here are some pics to prove it: component is on the left and composite is on the right:

click to make the pics bigger.

308246287_b8fb997d3d_o.jpg

308246289_01bbefb16c_o.jpg

308246291_f58fa3f149_o.jpg

the difference is clear in my opinion.
Do you have any comparisons on Galaxy, or any other game?

Monoprice just dropped the price of their white component cable, which I linked to a couple of posts up, to $3.84. It's the cable I use and it works perfectly.

Yeungy said:
Do you have any comparisons on Galaxy, or any other game?
there are other comparisons on the net. i dont know if there are any for galaxy or not. i just came across those by searching in yahoo for "composite vs component wii" im sure there are some more around the net.

Back