Copying Games, What Not...

iplaywii

Nintendo Wii
Dec 7, 2006
Just saw where the admins closed a thread about someone getting the .ISO of Red Steel. Just wondering why the admins gotta be so strict about this topic? In the purpose of "backing" up your games, it's very legit and in no way has anything to do with this board or the people that own it! For the people that do this illegally, it's there butt that's gonna get burnt if they get caught! And regardless of that, it's not even possible yet anyways, so let us talk about it. And for all those people who don't want to talk about it, then ignore the topics. No different than speeding... Speeding is illegal, but we can talk about how to do it, why not to do it, etc. In conclusion, let us talk about it. Talking does no harm!

I suggest you go back and re-read what i wrote here

Discussion on the subject is fine, but posting links to warez or sites that disctribute it etc is against the rules and is not permitted.

Ok, I've read it twice? You're not very clear?

So you don't care if we talk about it, all we want, we just can't post links, right! :yesnod:

dont discuss how to download the games. just like on Xbox-Scene.com (biggest xbox modding site), you can talk about backups but dont mention anything about downloading them (whether you on the actual game or not) because it is illegal

People that buy copys are scum and sholud be killed be a angry snall

Darkprinny said:
People that buy copys are scum and sholud be killed be a angry snall

BUY a copy? What the heck are you smokin? Why the heck would anyone buy a copy, that's just stupid. I'd buy the real game before I'd buy a copy. :lol:

Mitch2025 said:
dont discuss how to download the games. just like on Xbox-Scene.com (biggest xbox modding site), you can talk about backups but dont mention anything about downloading them (whether you on the actual game or not) because it is illegal

Well my point is... legal or illegal, what's the harm in talking about it? It's not hurting you guys and you personally are not going to get in trouble for it.

I won't talk about how to download games, but I will talk about how to make an .ISO and how to get mod chips working when they are released to play backup games.

Wii17 said:
umm people can get copy's for $5 like US$2 instead of $100 US$50 thats why they do it

Buying copies is where you get in trouble! Most companies don't even care that people are downloading there product and "cracking" or "hacking" it for themselves because that percentage is minute compared to the overall picture and in this particular day and age it's not a problem at the moment. Also, there is no way to stop it! HOWEVER, It's when you try to redistribute (aka: buying a copy) when you get in trouble... Not smart!

umm a your first point is just as illegal and b noone i know who has done it has ever gotten caught including downloading warez and torrents for f*cks sake all my friends have atleast $10000 worth of pirated software, music etc on their comps and like 100 burnt 360,ps2,xbox games each. if u dont get reported you can never get caught, i dont want copies for consoles anymore but everyone does illegal stuff on pc, are they gonna throw everyone in jail?

Wii17 said:
umm a your first point is just as illegal and b noone i know who has done it has ever gotten caught including downloading warez and torrents for f*cks sake all my friends have atleast $10000 worth of pirated software, music etc on their comps and like 100 burnt 360,ps2,xbox games each. if u dont get reported you can never get caught, i dont want copies for consoles anymore but everyone does illegal stuff on pc, are they gonna throw everyone in jail?

Your missing my point... In the above post you said
Wii17 said:
umm people can get copy's for $5 like US$2 instead of $100 US$50 thats why they do it
My point is, if you redistribute, such as your post suggested that people do, then that is where you get caught! I live in probably one of the smallest towns in the US and the FEDS just busted a guy for downloading pirated DVD movies and REDISTRIBUTING them! Yes I agree with you, download for yourself and it's not a problem. You're not gonna get caught. When you redistribute that's when your just being stupid!

Wii17 said:
my friends have bought 100's of times lol

THE SELLER IS THE ONE THATS GONNA GET IN TROUBLE NOT THE BUYER!!!!!!! Glad it's working for your friends.. Geeeezz.. I'm gonna :lol: :lol: :lol: when youre "friends" get caught.

lol my mate jamie got his 360 flashed first thing and has 30 games now i was considering it but bugger it, i did it with ps2 but not any more, pc stuff i still do though

Back