Headset= Bad

Bad?

idk maybe bad, but with the Big N news of bieng a "Library of words"...that will cut down the "chatter"

time will tell

Game on

Attacktix said:
i think its a very bad idea to have a headset for wii.

1 reason is that, why would you need to talk to a total stranger?? i mean really??? some games, you do have to comunicate, but most games "ex: brawl" you dont need to talk.

there is another thread that says "would you play brawl with no headset?"
even if there was a headset, they wouldnt use it for brawl. There is absolutlty no use in it. what would you talk about??? "go grab that mushroom!" if you need to talk to your friend while ure playing just call them!

2. half of the time it will just be someone swearing at you, or asking for information............ but thats a differnt story.

3. some of you are probably thinking, But what if we want to talk to our friends/ people we know. The answer is! Get a cell phone....

4. some other people are thinking, but what if we have very strong security/codes that limit us to talk to certain people? Theres still some people that would give out that information to strangers.

please comment what you think.

First off, they should have a thing called "gameplay may change during online experience."

Second, we need headsets for people who actually played online games that have voice chat. But, What if we don't have any...

Little Jimmy played brawl one day and got really mad. His teammate kept punching him and he had no way to say "stop, wait for me to get a mushroom so its fair." The only thing he could do was a 'its me, Mario" sound. He yelled at the tv using bad language because he had heard it first from his friends and sometimes his parents. Little Jimmy, wouldn't be suprised if someone verbally attacked him because he already said it and heard it before. He uses his second option. He got his mom's cell phone (Verizon) and called up his friends (Cingular) to play with him and teach this guy a lesson. He got his "friends" from a site who posted a cell phone number for all kids to contact him when they play brawl or so he says. Well they played and won. Next day, Mom gets a $1,000 bill saying you made a 3-hour call from California - New York. CA - Europe. CA - Antartica. She says, Jimmy "Who are you talking too?" Jimmy replies, I'm talking to my "Friends." The mom tells little Jimmy, that they are strangers and that he should never talk to strangers. Jimmy then asks, Well, why did you talk to daddy in the first place? Wasn't he first a stranger?

Everyone outside our family, is strangers. How did we make friends to total strangers? Is it more safer to limit communication? Sure, but then again, I can do this 8=====***(you know, what that is) without a headset.
><))))*>
[](Crayola)>

Last edited:
quiet a story Renz.
bring on the head set.
if you get a young kid saying **** to you it cant be that hard to use a word that they havnt heard before to shut him up.
hell, make up a word if you have to.

Do you know what makes SSBM so fun? It's the interaction between the players while playing the game. The craziest things could be happening on the screen; unplanned combos with another player, a Jigglypuff triple rest, holding a player while someone else charges an smash, or just bob-ombs appearing out of almost every container for some only god knows reason, but none of that matters really matters if you can't share in the joy of it. Here's what I want some of you to do, go set up a four player game of Smash and don't speak to each other at all, is the game still really that fun?

I'm sure the people that are saying that are saying that headsets aren't needed really have never played a good game of UNO on Xbox Live. Have any of you ever played a real game of UNO? If you have then you've taunted the other players at least once before and it made you feel good, right? I've played good games of UNO and bad ones. You know what made a good game? People that interacted with each other, taunted each other with draw twos when you had that uno, and basically just chatting with one another made the best games. The worst games were the ones where no one talked and just played the game... Sometimes it never felt like you were playing a human being at all, and sometimes that was true and you would never realize it until you became so bored that you would read your opponents names only to see "Yellow Player".

What I'm trying to say is that if you take out the social factor in some multiplayer games then the online gameplay will suffer. Without anyone to interact with you may as well be playing by yourself.

Don't make assumptions on what people have played, that starts things, essentially some people don't feel the need for it, because of the drawbacks of little immature kids screaming into the mic. Or they just don't want a headset, either way it is their opinion.

I prefer not to hear people I play with while playing my 360 online, it annoys me, I don't care that it is "supposed" to make for better multiplayer online gaming, it actually takes away from it for me. I like "smack talking" to my friends when they're sitting next to me, because I also like to see their reactions, but hearing someone swear or whine about dying is not my idea of a good time.

Warrior said:
Firstly, how on earth can you play a game while talking on the phone? Far too much trouble.

all you need is tape and the phone:

Have the phone next to ur ear, get tape (parental help is advised) and tape it around the phone and your head (avoid the eyes)

and wala your ready for a whole session of SSBB smash talking

blueovalboy7 said:
Don't make assumptions on what people have played, that starts things, essentially some people don't feel the need for it, because of the drawbacks of little immature kids screaming into the mic. Or they just don't want a headset, either way it is their opinion.

I prefer not to hear people I play with while playing my 360 online, it annoys me, I don't care that it is "supposed" to make for better multiplayer online gaming, it actually takes away from it for me. I like "smack talking" to my friends when they're sitting next to me, because I also like to see their reactions, but hearing someone swear or whine about dying is not my idea of a good time.
Amen to that +1 rep for you :)

Taunting youre friends is one thing ( there youre friends you know them ) but taunting people over the world is another thing and I dont think thats fun. ( Mind the word THINK! Its my oppinion so Im telling you what you should think about taunting other people )

bigwilliiy said:
all you need is tape and the phone:

Have the phone next to ur ear, get tape (parental help is advised) and tape it around the phone and your head (avoid the eyes)

and wala your ready for a whole session of SSBB smash talking

i have seen pictures of this...very affective, looks good too.

Smash Brothers has always been a favourite of mine in multiplayer, there was nothing better than hitting my little cousins off the screen with the home run bat and having them sitting next to me and try hit my with their controller.
I couldnt see my self playing SSBB by myself with out some sort of human interaction, a headset is perfect for this type of multiplayer game.

Im not really into using headsets as i get sick of hearing all the trash talk and gaming tuff guys abusing people and acting all gangster and crap. Geez give me a break. I guess with online games it is need in some cases, but i dont know if nintendo that has a kinda family friendly feel to it would go with people swearing and abusing one another.

i could do that with my mobile phone (cell)
but only to uk people or else my bill would be huge,

But its worse telling us to use phones instead of headsets, because people will be putting their phone numbers up on the internet

RAMPAGE said:
Im not really into using headsets as i get sick of hearing all the trash talk and gaming tuff guys abusing people and acting all gangster and crap. Geez give me a break. I guess with online games it is need in some cases, but i dont know if nintendo that has a kinda family friendly feel to it would go with people swearing and abusing one another.

Nintendo cant control what its customers say or how they use there product.
If the headset or what ever it is going to be sells then bet that Nintendo will market the crap out of along with any game that it is compatable with.

only thing you got here is the swearing.. but it makes the experience more fun I mean really... think, when your battling it up with someone its always good to joke around and laugh at each other and have some communication, even if it is a stranger.. and war games, you need it, its a must.

Back