Rrod What Is It And What Causes It?

I've had my elite since wednesday 25th march and i have had one red ring twice. Is this normal for it?

25th of march this year or 2008? or 2007?

Because if you got it just last week then no that's not normal, but if you got it last year then that's normal I guess, if was manufactured a while back.

Elites are not less likely to get RROD, they have the same chances as the normal ones. Except for the new new ones which are the Jasper's.

25th of march this year or 2008? or 2007?

Because if you got it just last week then no that's not normal, but if you got it last year then that's normal I guess, if was manufactured a while back.

Elites are not less likely to get RROD, they have the same chances as the normal ones. Except for the new new ones which are the Jasper's.

Judging by the post he made about getting one, he got it this year and that's just bad luck. Unless you bought a second hand one, if so, shame on you! The new jasper chipsets aren't eliminating RROD they're just lowering the incredibly high chance that the Xbox360 once had (~15% is I recall correctly). So the chances of you getting a RROD on a brand new console, is about 2 or so %.

I guess, like strom***** whatever the hell that name is said, with the 2/3 deal, it's hit and miss with the old consoles. If you want to be safe, buy brand new and make sure you're getting a Jasper. But you could always try your luck with ebay and get a used one.
There are some Xenon consoles that are still going strong today. Mine is a 2006 model, and is still going strong. *knock on wood*

it was 2009 brand new from amazon. It works if i turn it off and then on again. It happened again this morning...:(

Make sure your cables aren't loose or something because RROD doesn't mean it's a permanent problem, sometimes it means something else is wrong.

Actually I duno... All I know is one day I turned it on and I had a red ring and I had that error message. Though I never payed attention to how many lights their were and the error numbers.

But it ended up being loose cables

It probably was. Unplug your A/V cable, then turn on the 360. You'll get four rings.
I did that awhile ago, and it scared me (I had just bought it xD)

Actually I duno... All I know is one day I turned it on and I had a red ring and I had that error message. Though I never payed attention to how many lights their were and the error numbers.

But it ended up being loose cables

If 3 quarters of the ring is red, the console doesn't turn on (If I recall correctly).

No, it does turn on. You get a black screen with white writing giving you some kind of message. I obviously don't remember what it says anymore though

edit: Here it is

648581_f520.jpg

Wow. The 360, such a sympathetic machine really. Just like everything else from Micro$oft.

Back