Current Games + Future Online?

ocdan

Pastafarian
Oct 16, 2006
Oak Creek, Wisconsin
ok Ive been hearing two sides of this:

1) Any launch games, up until internet gameplay, will not feature it in the future

or

2) Most launch titles wont go toward internet gameplay, but some will get patch updates later on to enable online gaming for some games...

which is true?

No one really knows, it appears so far that the answer is number one. Reggie hasn't really fully answered the online questions he was asked if you ask me. Anyways, so far its 1. I'm hoping for 2 as I know you are as well. Hows that Mars Rescue mission going by the way?

:mad5: Everything I've read goes against number 2. As great as it would be I just don't see it happening.:mad5:

mars mission going good, positioning probe on michigan....

but what was it I was hearing from before of internet patches being downloaded for like zelda to add more side quests and maybe dungeons?

I'm thinking number one...number two seems too good to be true :( lol

~Blu

I'm waiting to see which is true. I refuse to buy COD 3 or Marvel Ultimate Alliance if they aren't online. Really doesn't seem worth it when all the other consoles have them online. (Hell, even the PSP has it online :nonod:

Quite honestly, I'm just fascinated how they are going to do game updates, unless they secretly have some super drive in the Wii that can write additional information to the game discs. The only other way I can see is them modifying the save file to somehow weirdly add them.

Anyways, guess we'll all just have to wait and see what Nintendo has up their sleeve. Considering in the MTV interview that Reggie said they had a surprise bonus in store before the end of the year thats apparently gonna happen over Wiiconnect24, maybe they'll be adding something really cool.

i think you will be able to get updates but not on the games like TP and red steel. the only updates or online play will be games like excite truck and wii sports. i think wiiplay and "sports will have heaps of updates and online features

Back