Debating whether to pick up a GC

DtD said:
3 Words: Wait for Wii

If you dont have the money then wait, but if you do then go for it. Wii is still 5-6 months away.

Last edited:
Nah, I reckon you should get the Gamecube to keep you busy whilst you're waiting for the Wii, should be pretty cheap at this point in time. ;)

Just ordered:

Your Order contains: 3 item(s)

Item | Quantity | Cost | Line Total
--------------------------------------------------------------
Gamecube Console Black + Mario Kart Double Dash (Cube)
Official Gamecube Control Pad Black (Cube)
Super Mario Sunshine (Cube)

Should keep me going for a while :cool:

Nearly grabbed windwaker but im really not sure about the cartoony style?

Yeah, those two will keep you goin for a while

Nearly grabbed windwaker but im really not sure about the cartoony style?

Promise you won't mind/notice after the first 15 minutes of playing, it really is executed well, when you do notice it'll be something like 'whoa that looks really cool!' Maybe you should rent that one first, i dunno.

phimuajedi69 said:
Yeah, those two will keep you goin for a while

Promise you won't mind/notice after the first 15 minutes of playing, it really is executed well, when you do notice it'll be something like 'whoa that looks really cool!' Maybe you should rent that one first, i dunno.
yea here's the bundle i got

Limited Edition Bundle Includes:

Black GameCube Console
1x Official Controller
Mario Kart Double Dash
Legend of Zelda (NES version)
Adventures of Link (NES version)
Legend of Zelda - Ocarina of Time (N64 version)
Legend of Zelda - Majoras Mask (N64 version)
1 Level Playable Demo of Legend of Zelda - Wind Waker

Gonna give the demo of wind waker a go then i'll probably order :)

Really happy at the extra zelda games in the bundle too :D , Never played Majoras Mask

EDIT: crap forgot the memory card...

They are giving away the bonus disk with the GC now, I had to preorder Wind Waker for that thing.
If I remember right that Demo level is a stealth kinda thing, Its a cool level, but not a great representation of the game. There are little graphical touches all around that are amazing. Little Poofs of smoke and fire and stuff.

Legend of Zelda (NES version)
Adventures of Link (NES version)
Legend of Zelda - Ocarina of Time (N64 version)
Legend of Zelda - Majoras Mask (N64 version)

yeah that bonus disc is pure gold, too bad it is missing 3 but still awesome. i put mine in the other day and started OoT again

i also like the bonus disc that had two version of ocarina :D

Whaaaaat. How can you NOT have a GC... You should pick up one, it's a great console. I vote Resident Evil 4 and Animal Crossing.

i0n said:
Yea i've seen the games before and to be honest i was a little put off with the cartoonish graphics. But since then i've played a fair share of the serious type games on ps2/xbox etc and i just need a new Nintendo fix :D
ditto, i have a ps2, but i have started gravitating back to my GC as its just more fun, apart from ******* mario sunshine , the secret levels without fludd annoy me so much ARRGGHHH :mad: nah i love it really though :p

Recusant said:
Whaaaaat. How can you NOT have a GC... You should pick up one, it's a great console. I vote Resident Evil 4 and Animal Crossing.
lol, the 2 games i dont have, i solded my GC then regreted it and bought it back 6 months later, lol. am still trying to regain my collection ! :(

Well Super Smash Bros. Melee is an amazing multiplayer game if you have a couple friends that will possibly playing, but if not go with WindWaker and other games listed above.

Having the exact same decision as you, but all and all I've decided to wait for the Wii. I think all GC games are compatiable with the Wii.

I've already started to buy some GameCube games because the way I see it by the time the Wii comes out many GC games are gonna be gone. Most retail stores are probably not taking in more orders for GameCube games and just getting rid of what they already have in stock. Then your second bet would be small game stores which are probably doing the same right now but remember they a smaller stock supply. Then your last resort would be eBay ofcoarse!

GC Games List:
Legend of Zelda: Wind Walker (Twilight Princess has a version for the Wii)
Skies of Arcadia Legends (Love this game and I think it's gonna be very hard to find later on)
Tales of Symphonia (Namco is making another 'Tales' game for the Wii but I want to play the original also)
Fire Emblem (Not buying this yet waiting for price drop, also making another one for the Wii)

I won't be able to play me GC games until I have a Wii, but for now the PS2 is gonna hold me down.

Hope this helps...:)

Listen i0n, get SSBM, it's an awsome game, takes a long time to beat (a good thing) and a great single player game and one of the best multi-player games. It's probably one of the greatest games ever for nintenedo, and in my perspective ever made. Animal crossing is also a great game I can give u some great info on both games, as i've beaten both of them completely and good news, it took (much) longer than 1 & a half yr.s. So it should hold u over.:D
Here's a good site for looking up SSBM.
And here's a good site for learning what u do in the game. If u find what it says rather dull DON'T BLAME IT ON THE GAME! It's a very addictive and fun game. It has plenty of things to do, if u were to actually beat the game it would take like 3yrs.

I hope I could help and I hope u get those 2 games.

I was actually debating re-buying a GC today. I went to go buy it, and the store was closed. I wanted to play Melee again, so I think I'll go tomorrow.

Back