Destroy All Humans! Big Willy Unleashed pre E3

tomqman

The Evil Of Nintendo
Nov 29, 2006
U.K.
Wii Online Code
0430-9009-6263-5525
info and pics via ign
Ground-up Wii game, Big Willy Unleashed, set for an early 2008 release. First info, screens.

US, July 9, 2007 - Publisher THQ on Monday revealed to IGN that it plans to bring the popular Destroy All Humans! franchise to Nintendo's successful new console. The game, officially dubbed Destroy All Humans! Big Willy Unleashed, is being developed from the ground up for Wii by Locomotive Games, and is set for release early next year. Ports of Big Willy Unleashed will be made available to PlayStation 2 and PSP. Meanwhile, an entirely separate DAH project, Path of Furon, is being created by Sandblast Games for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, and will also be available in 2008's first half.

"The Destroy All Humans! franchise has consistently delivered a unique combination of fun and original gameplay delivering irreverent humor and over the top destruction that has garnered worldwide critical acclaim and commercial success," said Bob Aniello, senior vice president of worldwide marketing, THQ. "The simultaneous release of two all-new Destroy All Humans! titles means gamers can expect different experiences that utilize the unique technology of the leading gaming platforms."

"Destroy All Humans! Path of the Furon will take advantage of the powerful Xbox 360 and PLAYSTATION 3 computer entertainment system, offering high-definition graphics, expanded open-world gameplay and a humorous story following Crypto on his journey of enlightenment and destruction," said Jack Sorenson, executive vice president of worldwide studios, THQ. "The Wii's capabilities served as a springboard in designing Destroy All Humans! Big Willy Unleashed, and the game will take full advantage of the Wii Remote, allowing gamers to cause massive destruction on foot, in Crypto's UFO or at the controls of the Big Willy mech."

Destroy All Humans! Big Willy Unleashed for Wii takes place before Path of Furon. Gamers will play as Crypto in a "funked out" version of the 1970s. They will be able to travel through and destroy an immense city either on foot or by UFO.

We'll have more on the game soon, but for now check out first Wii screenshots.
destroy-all-humans-big-willy-unleashed-20070709015907232.jpg

destroy-all-humans-big-willy-unleashed-20070709015908139.jpg

destroy-all-humans-big-willy-unleashed-20070709015909170.jpg

destroy-all-humans-big-willy-unleashed-20070709015910092.jpg

destroy-all-humans-big-willy-unleashed-20070709015910904.jpg

destroy-all-humans-big-willy-unleashed-20070709015911763.jpg

okay i understand the wii is not a graphical power house like the 360 (i own both btw), and i'm fine with that considering i have more wii games than 360, and that i play my wii far more than my 360. The thing is...is it me ,or does those graphic look really dull like flat and lacking texture. It looks like late dreamcast early ps2 graphics. I'm sure the game play will be fantastic (this is coming from someone who enjoyed far cry vengance) i'm just disappointed considering how good the prior xbox ones looked.

Back