Wii Online Code
6278-1240-3243-3822
My email to Nintendo on 12/3/06 said:
Topic: Wii
Details: System - Operation/Troubleshooting/Set Up
Email Body: [My Email]
Wii
System - Operation/Troubleshooting/Set Up
Hello, My name is Bobby1211. I am a very happy Wii owner. I have lovingly named my blue slotted friend Digii. That said I am saddened to report that when I went to play an exciting game of Legend Of Zelda (NES, purchased at the very fair price of US $5) tonight and went to turn the Wii on, It would not output to my TV. The system turns on, the light goes from red to green but not video/audio is sent. The TV doesnt see a signal. I tried another input on a VCR with the same result. I even went as far as to try a different power outlet. No luck. I have two Wii Remotes and neither of them will sync with Digii. What is my best route for further troubleshooting? Im so worried about Digii. I miss playing him so. Thank you, Bobby1211
Nintendo Automated Responce said:
THANK YOU!

Thank you for your email. Your message has been forwarded to a Nintendo of America
Customer Service Representative. Due to the unprecedented popularity of the Wii, we're
currently experiencing extremely high email volumes and it may take upwards of 4 or 5
days before we are able to respond. We appreciate your patience and understanding, and
will respond to your email as soon as possible.

You get the Idea of what is happening by my email above. I did not want to wait 4-5 days so I called them yesterday. I spoke with a nice gentlman and I didnt even have to wait on hold. The guy spoke perfect english. Working in Tech support myself, I know a lot of support is outsourced and you will commonly get someone with a very heavy accent introducing themself as 'Bill'. this did not happen. The guy was way cool and asked what he needed to ask to determine what I had told him in the first place :p He asked if there was anything I wanted to save on the Wii. I explained I have game saves and messages that I would like to save if at all possible. He opened a trouble report for me and I have to take the unit to the closest Nintendo Authorized Repair Center. This happens to be only about an hour drive from me.

I will be calling hte place in a bit to see what the process will be like. If I have to leave it overnight I will rush down after work today to drop it off and go pick it up tomarrow. Im hoping I can go down tomarrow morning and wait for it. Couple hours is no big deal to me to be back in the game. I am hosting my Works Christmas party this weekend so I hope to have it fixed by then.

I'll keep the post here updated with the continuing story...

-Bobby

vagrant said:
1) you are wierd.

2) perhaps you had your tv on the wrong input channel.

1) Thank You :crazy:

2) I pulled the Wii video out and plugged in my laptop and it output fine. I also tried a different input on a VCR. No Dice.

-Bobby

frontsidefish said:
lol, same, but seriously man, I hope you get it fixed in time for the party, and I hope like heck that I don't get a faulty unit tonight as well man!!!:hand:

Indeed, I wish this apon no one.

I called the repair center and the Key turns out to be if I want to save my information or not. Not means 15 mins at this place and I have a new Wii. If I want to keep my info I then have two options:

A: Send it to Nintendo and they do the transfer of info to the new Wii. They are the only ones that have the ability to transfer this information. The shops ability to do this is still in production.

B: Take it to the shop and see what they can do. But they have already told me they do not have the ability to get the information off of the Wii, The only hope is in fixing my system or at least getting it to the point of booting and saving any info I can.

...So I am taking it in to the shop this afternoon. If they can at least get it booted I should be able to get my game saves and Miis. Anyone know if there is a way to backup the messages... possibly the address book?

Has anyone else seen any other reports of this kind of issue? I have done some searching but havn't found any reports similar to mine.

-Bobby

Hope it works out for you. Just curious, was there a website that you went to in order to find out the closest Nintendo repair shop?

No, When I called and spoke with Nintendo (Customer service number on the back of the user guide) the gentleman I spoke with gave me the name and address for the place. I then found thier website and phone number with that information + Google.

-Bobby

Digii is gone :(

Replaced. Only information that could be transfered was my VC download and points.

DigiiII info coming soon.

-Bobby

I thought for a second you said "May he reset in peace" haha.

Although I find the information useful about what they said about transfer of stuff to new wiis, very nice peice of information for the future questions.

dun dun dun you are not the only one with t his problem

that's what you get for ****in with High Def before they STANDARDIZE IT.

1080p is already way way way way obsolete in japan. suckaducks.

jus. said:
dun dun dun you are not the only one with t his problem

that's what you get for ****in with High Def before they STANDARDIZE IT.

1080p is already way way way way obsolete in japan. suckaducks.

:confused:

-Bobby

1080p is obsolete in japan? HAHA.

They got 1278p already?

I know Japan has Ultra High Def still in the works, but not anything higher than 1080p

Back