Disappointing Selection of Games

Hey i understand the pains with not having a 360. I would love to be playing halo 3 like the addict i am. But the wii is about to be up to it's ears in titles that are worthwhile such BWii, Zack and Wiki, Super Mario Galaxy, and MOH2 so don't worry then you got smash early 08, and Mario Kart. Oh what was that other game....oh yeah Nights is supposed to be pretty good. then you have games that have already come out. Mario Strikers Charged,Legend of Zelda, and Metroid Prime 3. Just saying... and you may just have to wait for some generic games such as hockey and superman

Okay.
Zelda Twilight Princess.
Metroid Prime 3.

Loads of upcoming titles, read some news man, like are you crazy?

do you know what i would consider a stupid developer? one that releases all its good games on the first year. seriously what would a comapny do after that. the wii has good games. it also has some games people dont know much about so they dont go near them and eventually they hardly get played. try some few games. when i read your post it seemed like you didnt have any games at all. try some. wait until the end of this year. or better yet the end of next year.trust me you will not regret this. btw i believe there will be a hockey game on wii just not from EA. and for superman games....WHYwould you want to play those games. DC game suck compared to marvel games.

I would say give it time.

Nintendo so far has a big collection, but not all of them are targeted to the audience you fall into. When you look at 360, there are no games like Cooking mama, Raving rabbits, Pokemon, My Sims, etc ; games that are for teh younger teen crowd. A vast majority of the games for 360 or PS3 are games that more mature gamers (late teens and up) would go for. Games like Gears, Halo, Fable, all the racing games, Splinter Cell, etc.

It seemed to me that Wii had a slow start too, then I realized that the number of games for launch was actually pretty good, it's just that I wouldn't play most of them. But now we have Zelda TP, MP3, MOH, BWii, Guitar Hero, NFS, Red Steel 2 rumored. More games that will likely appeal to you are definatley on their way. Just don't be too quick to ditch the Wii.

Sure it kinda sucks for those of us who want some bad-ass big war violent games, But as far as Nintendo goes I think it was a good choice for their business. Starting with a good mix of demographics.

no nhl or superman eh?, those are two very important factors to consider when buying a new console.

ok so buy a 360, halo 3 , nhl , and superman, and umm...wait for good games to come out. it's the same thing. how many games do you freakin' want? youre gonna buy half a library and let it sit? patience is a virtue, which i dont thin you have

Even though I see where you're coming from - and I agree on some of your points - I also have to agree with the majority of the people that replied. You should have known the types of games and gamers that Nintendo developers are generally focusing on with respect to Wii software. The selection will get better, but I don't see them [devs] putting many of the games you would enjoy on the Wii. A lot of multi-platform games that you would probably enjoy, won't come out for the Wii or will be delayed because some will need to be reworked to allow the Wii's hardware to run at a decent speed. And even when these games do get ported, they tend not to sell as well as they would on the other systems. Take a look at how well Madden sold on the Wii so far (200k copies), then look at how many copies it's sold on the 360 (1.26M) - there's really no comparison.

The Xbox360 and PS3 are targeted towards roughly the same demographic of late-teens and adults. I would suggest buying a 360 as well as having a Wii, so you can get the best of both worlds. But if you can't do that, I would probably get the 360.

No NHL or superman?
Call the cops.

Seriously, there is better games out there, and NHL may come out next year for the Wii.
Give it time.

Although if there was a game where Superman played hockey, then that's gold right there! :wink:

No BS I feel the same way about the game selection, but that just means I'm going to go buy a 360 here in a few days and have me a Wii60 best of both worlds!!! Then I can ply Halo3 and GH3 and Ace Combat 6 until SSBB and MKWii come out!!!! Woohoo!!!

Back