Disorders and Steriotypes

Peruse MySpace and, imo, you'll find that its just a fad. I cant stand fake people.

~Marisa~ said:
That's something I've always wondered as well. I mean, if we look back 20 years, there were no "emo teens". It makes you question if it's not an emotional disorder, rather, a fad.

Yup, all that **** was after my time. I hung out with several goth kids in high school, but AFAIK, I've never met an emo kid.

This is Emo:

emo_philips_quotes_thumb.jpg

~Marisa~ said:
Tell me about it. They're just some kids looking for drama...sad that they can't mature up. Not everything relating to sex (nymphomania) is "TeH 1337!!!!" Too bad they know NOTHING of psychology.

Damn straight. That's something that really bugs me, as soon as someone mentions anything with a sexual connotation everyone's like "OMG THATS AWSUM" etc etc. If it's a diagnosed disorder then theres certainly nothing "awsum" about it if it's making life hard for you, which it appears to be :(

When it comes to sex though, compared to alot of other guys I'd say my sex drive is somewhat lower than most guys. I guess... in preference, I'd say I'd rather a girl I can hold a really good conversation with, rather than a one night stand, as I'm sure there's alot of girls who are good in bed, but how many can hold a decent conversation?

I don't mean this to sound condescending to women, but I'm just trying to illustrate my point, and no I wasn't implying it's your fault Marisa :)

I had a bit of an "encounter" after a night on the town some time ago, and when I awoke in the morning... I actually felt kind of dirty... but yeah... I guess when it comes to sex it isn't a priority for me, I do think it's nice and fun, but I don't go crazy for it.

----------------------------------

Back on topic... Disorders:

I get extremely depressed, and that could possibly have some traits of bipolar in there too because I can swing to either extreme of moods very quickly sometimes... But most of the time it's damn hard to pull myself out of being depressed. It got really bad back around mid '03 where I made a suicide attempt, didn't quite work though (which kinda goes without saying).

Things improved drastically in 2004, to be honest, I can't remember a time in my life when I was happier (I was a depressed child).

2005 brought me right back into deep depression again... I entered a new environment (TAFE) which I ended up disliking, as I found most people difficult to get along with. I lost alot of confidence that year, and more than once contemplated suicide.

2006 was tumultuous... up and down but better than '05. Lately I've been feeling really depressed, and came pretty close to suicide about a week or so ago, but I think I've been feeling gradually better since then, and since I've gotten my university applications done things seem to be looking up.

Stereotype:

I'm not sure about this... I'd probably be closer to a metalhead or goth stereotype than most other stereotypes, since the only nightclub I really go to is a goth nightclub. Having said that I don't wear makeup or anything like that, but I love the music and some of the clothes are cool (I LOVE my massive black cargo pants :cornut: ) and I collect band T-Shirts too.

Even though I listen to alot of heavy metal, I still appreciate other genres, including (in no particular order) dance, jazz, alternative, and indsutrial. I'm not an arrogant metalhead either (I HATE the ones who slander every other genre else just because they dont listen to it). Having said that, although I'd consider myself tolerant in most respects, I ABHOR EMOS.

BlenderWizard said:
Yup, all that **** was after my time. I hung out with several goth kids in high school, but AFAIK, I've never met an emo kid.

This is Emo:

emo_philips_quotes_thumb.jpg

And this is a EMU

Ezekiel86 said:
Damn straight. That's something that really bugs me, as soon as someone mentions anything with a sexual connotation everyone's like "OMG THATS AWSUM" etc etc. If it's a diagnosed disorder then theres certainly nothing "awsum" about it if it's making life hard for you, which it appears to be :(

Yeah, I completely agree and appreciate your understanding on it :) It's not something I'm proud to have to deal with - medication for life is certainly not a "fun" thing.
Ezekiel86 said:
When it comes to sex though, compared to alot of other guys I'd say my sex drive is somewhat lower than most guys. I guess... in preference, I'd say I'd rather a girl I can hold a really good conversation with, rather than a one night stand, as I'm sure there's alot of girls who are good in bed, but how many can hold a decent conversation?

I don't mean this to sound condescending to women, but I'm just trying to illustrate my point, and no I wasn't implying it's your fault Marisa :)

I had a bit of an "encounter" after a night on the town some time ago, and when I awoke in the morning... I actually felt kind of dirty... but yeah... I guess when it comes to sex it isn't a priority for me, I do think it's nice and fun, but I don't go crazy for it.

Actually, I completely agree with you on that subject. Many girls ARE good in bed but can't hold a good conversation or have emotional connection with another guy. It's mostly just mall obsessed, cell-phone addicts that read one book and think they're "deep" but then once you actually talk to them, you realize they're about as deep as a puddle.

I really don't think you have a lower sex drive, I think you're just fine and it's the other guys that have the problem. There's absolutely NOTHING wrong with wanting to cuddle rather than constantly wanting sex. It's just something society has made guys feel like they must do.
Ezekiel86 said:
Back on topic... Disorders:

I get extremely depressed, and that could possibly have some traits of bipolar in there too because I can swing to either extreme of moods very quickly sometimes... But most of the time it's damn hard to pull myself out of being depressed. It got really bad back around mid '03 where I made a suicide attempt, didn't quite work though (which kinda goes without saying).

Things improved drastically in 2004, to be honest, I can't remember a time in my life when I was happier (I was a depressed child).

2005 brought me right back into deep depression again... I entered a new environment (TAFE) which I ended up disliking, as I found most people difficult to get along with. I lost alot of confidence that year, and more than once contemplated suicide.

2006 was tumultuous... up and down but better than '05. Lately I've been feeling really depressed, and came pretty close to suicide about a week or so ago, but I think I've been feeling gradually better since then, and since I've gotten my university applications done things seem to be looking up.

I can relate. I went through some serious depression through most of my life up until about the year 05-06 due to some traumatic things in my childhood.
I've tried to commit suicide too in the past (Not proud of that) but was taken to the hospital and had my stomach pumped of the sleeping pills. Fortunantly, I've been able to take control of my life and now I'm an extremely happy person that is thanks God everyday for being alive. I've learned to deal with my past and it's made me a stronger person.

I'm really glad things are looking up for you and I sure hope they stay that way perminantly! ^.^

Ezekiel86 said:
Stereotype:

I'm not sure about this... I'd probably be closer to a metalhead or goth stereotype than most other stereotypes, since the only nightclub I really go to is a goth nightclub. Having said that I don't wear makeup or anything like that, but I love the music and some of the clothes are cool (I LOVE my massive black cargo pants :cornut: ) and I collect band T-Shirts too.

Even though I listen to alot of heavy metal, I still appreciate other genres, including (in no particular order) dance, jazz, alternative, and indsutrial. I'm not an arrogant metalhead either (I HATE the ones who slander every other genre else just because they dont listen to it). Having said that, although I'd consider myself tolerant in most respects, I ABHOR EMOS.

You seem like a very well rounded person. Not an extremist like most people are now-a-days. A lot of people are just one specific "type" of person and loath everything different from themselves. It's really nice to meet someone else who can listen to many genres of music haha.

And about the emo's, I totally agree. I realize it must be some sort of fad because if you look back a few generations, there were no such things as "emos" I also only see emo teenagers, never grown adults who live on their own with a family, job and such... So it's more than likely a phase they're going through - and I'm sure most of us can agree that we hope their phase ends soon lol

~marisa~ : i have also seen a documentry( it might be the same one as Gaz was talking about, i cant be sure of that). i have no idea how hard it is for you being on medication for the rest of your life. but like everyone... your unique, so is everyone else in this world.

BlenderWizard: get off your high horse, your not impressing anyone here.

when i was in high school ( finished in 2004) i was pushed around and teased for most of the time at school. so thanks to them i have been keeping to myself and i dont go out much. i mean i have made new friends from across th world, from the U.S.A to japan and my home.. australia.

but sometimes i'd still prefer to keep to myself and be alone.. would this be some sort of a mental problem?

Liger_zero9999 said:
~marisa~ : i have also seen a documentry( it might be the same one as Gaz was talking about, i cant be sure of that). i have no idea how hard it is for you being on medication for the rest of your life. but like everyone... your unique, so is everyone else in this world.

BlenderWizard: get off your high horse, your not impressing anyone here.

when i was in high school ( finished in 2004) i was pushed around and teased for most of the time at school. so thanks to them i have been keeping to myself and i dont go out much. i mean i have made new friends from across th world, from the U.S.A to japan and my home.. australia.

but sometimes i'd still prefer to keep to myself and be alone.. would this be some sort of a mental problem?

Thank you for your understanding, I can't tell you how much those few words mean.

About your question, they probably created a mental disorder in you, that can happen through enough trauma. They were jerks and it's people like them and Blender who put other people down to make themselves feel better. Had you gone to my school, I'm sure we would've been best friends - I'm just sad we never got the chance :(

I tend to know a little more about psychology than I should being that both my parents are psychologists, and not very nice ones at that. They used their skills to torture me growing, I won't go into much detail, but due to the bad childhood, I'm sure I gained some serious mental issues as well. Although, it's taken me lots of time to get over it...I'm still studily working on it >.<

People like the ones who pushed you around anger me and I feel sorry for them :mad5: They lost a chance to have you for a wonderful friend, those bunch of dimwits.

~Marisa~ said:
Had you gone to my school, I'm sure we would've been best friends - I'm just sad we never got the chance :(

People like the ones who pushed you around anger me and I feel sorry for them :mad5: They lost a chance to have you for a wonderful friend, those bunch of dimwits.

thanks, its always nice to know that people do care. :)

i bumped into one of them not long ago, he was kicked out of the army for drug abuse and now he is strugling to find work, that makes me feel better :D

Liger_zero9999 said:

I feel for you dude I really do. When I first got into highschool (year 8) it started well but soon I was being bullied almost constantly and I had virtually no friends. It drove me to the point of violent retaliation, which, although seemed just at the time it just drove me further into isolation. My grades went down and everything just got worse. The teachers didn't help me at all, and they wouldn't let me into any classes with a future attached to them.

It might sound immature, but some of the people from highschool who caused me pain I still see now, even though I'm officially on good terms with them, I still harbour deep-set bitterness towards them.

Things weren't easy either... The only group I sort of hung out with wasn't particularly accepting, they never invited me to any of their gatherings and hardly talked to me... I was the only kid who liked what I liked (namely my music - heavy metal, anime, and videogames).

The education system is a place of ruin, my friend. Unfortunately people like us have slipped through the cracks of the system. I feel for you, buddy.

~Marisa~ said:
Thank you for your understanding, I can't tell you how much those few words mean.

About your question, they probably created a mental disorder in you, that can happen through enough trauma. They were jerks and it's people like them and Blender who put other people down to make themselves feel better. Had you gone to my school, I'm sure we would've been best friends - I'm just sad we never got the chance :(

I tend to know a little more about psychology than I should being that both my parents are psychologists, and not very nice ones at that. They used their skills to torture me growing, I won't go into much detail, but due to the bad childhood, I'm sure I gained some serious mental issues as well. Although, it's taken me lots of time to get over it...I'm still studily working on it >.<

Owch, parents as psychologists would have been nasty; I think torture would be a suitable adjective as I can only begin to imagine what kind of mind games they would have tried with you... Argh that would drive me insane!

Things weren't particularly fun when I was a child either, if that's any consolation. My dad was very violent and would use it as a means of discipline (where he comes from it was commonplace to beat your children) and mum was powerless to do anything about it.

My brother, older by five years, took all his agression out on me, he was failing highschool, getting into gangs and basically being juvenile white trash, and I was pretty much his personal punching bag. He also threatened to kill me once, I couldn't sleep for nights because I was afraid he would kill me in my sleep.

I suppose, that's why I became so attached to videogames; they never rejected me, they always welcomed me, they never hated me or treated me badly. Also around this time is when I left primary school in the second grade, because my teacher was a nasty ***** who made fun of my name, thus pretty much our whole year started doing the same (my real name's Timur, pronounced Tim-uhr [you have to sorta roll the 'r' with an emphasis on the 'u'] it's an Eastern European- Russian/Turkish name, but people just call me Tim), as she would intentionally never pronounce it correctly, she wouldn't listen to me when I'd try correct her.

At least videogames never judge you, they never treat you unfairly or in a biased manner because you have a different name, they're always there when you need them. I never had many friends back then... Even now, I could say I have alot of friends, but it just does not feel like it... I'm still in the mentality of not having friends and it kills me because people keep asking me to catch up and still for some reason I believe they hate me or something...

Damn I must sound like such a headcase... I guess I just find things like that hard to let go.

I hope this doesn't sound too attention seeking or anything, but it helps to get it all out like that.

Liger_zero9999 said:
thanks, its always nice to know that people do care. :)

i bumped into one of them not long ago, he was kicked out of the army for drug abuse and now he is strugling to find work, that makes me feel better :D

How karmic, what goes around comes around eh? I guess it only goes to show he was a dick to begin with and nothing's changed, only now he can't get away with it.

Hang in there dude, no matter what happens you've always got a place here.

Last edited:
Ezekiel86 said:
I feel for you dude I really do. When I first got into highschool (year 8) it started well but soon I was being bullied almost constantly and I had virtually no friends. It drove me to the point of violent retaliation, which, although seemed just at the time it just drove me further into isolation. My grades went down and everything just got worse. The teachers didn't help me at all, and they wouldn't let me into any classes with a future attached to them.

It might sound immature, but some of the people from highschool who caused me pain I still see now, even though I'm officially on good terms with them, I still harbour deep-set bitterness towards them.

Things weren't easy either... The only group I sort of hung out with wasn't particularly accepting, they never invited me to any of their gatherings and hardly talked to me... I was the only kid who liked what I liked (namely my music - heavy metal, anime, and videogames).

The education system is a place of ruin, my friend. Unfortunately people like us have slipped through the cracks of the system. I feel for you, buddy.

Owch, parents as psychologists would have been nasty; I think torture would be a suitable adjective as I can only begin to imagine what kind of mind games they would have tried with you... Argh that would drive me insane!

Things weren't particularly fun when I was a child either, if that's any consolation. My dad was very violent and would use it as a means of discipline (where he comes from it was commonplace to beat your children) and mum was powerless to do anything about it.

My brother, older by five years, took all his agression out on me, he was failing highschool, getting into gangs and basically being juvenile white trash, and I was pretty much his personal punching bag. He also threatened to kill me once, I couldn't sleep for nights because I was afraid he would kill me in my sleep.

I suppose, that's why I became so attached to videogames; they never rejected me, they always welcomed me, they never hated me or treated me badly. Also around this time is when I left primary school in the second grade, because my teacher was a nasty ***** who made fun of my name, thus pretty much our whole year started doing the same (my real name's Timur, pronounced Tim-uhr [you have to sorta roll the 'r' with an emphasis on the 'u'] it's an Eastern European- Russian/Turkish name, but people just call me Tim), as she would intentionally never pronounce it correctly, she wouldn't listen to me when I'd try correct her.

At least videogames never judge you, they never treat you unfairly or in a biased manner because you have a different name, they're always there when you need them. I never had many friends back then... Even now, I could say I have alot of friends, but it just does not feel like it... I'm still in the mentality of not having friends and it kills me because people keep asking me to catch up and still for some reason I believe they hate me or something...

Damn I must sound like such a headcase... I guess I just find things like that hard to let go.

I hope this doesn't sound too attention seeking or anything, but it helps to get it all out like that.

How karmic, what goes around comes around eh? I guess it only goes to show he was a dick to begin with and nothing's changed, only now he can't get away with it.

Hang in there dude, no matter what happens you've always got a place here.
I really enjoyed your whole story. Why? 'cause you can admit your problems. I bottle up problems and forget about them, pretending they were never there. When my Nan died not long ago, I struggled to even look at a photo of her 'cause, for some reason, it would 'scare' me, as she was no longer there, if you get me? But all I can say is expressing your problems is the best thing you could do, and 'cause of that, you have my deep respect :)

Disorder:
I have a severe case of automysophobia. That’s the fear of physically touching dirt. I can't walk bare foot outside or even put my hands in a garden without having a total freak out. But its not just dirt its anything that makes my hands feel dirty. Even washing dishes, i can't touch the "dirty" plates. I'm 17 and have only washed dishes twice in my life and i was crying hysterically both times! Even on my first birthday my mom put my hand in the cake and I screamed until she washed my hands and never ate the cake!

Stereotype:
Spoiled brat only child! lol. Everyone constantly tells me how spoiled i am and perfect life must be. I'm not going to sit here and say its a bad thing cuz ok i am a lil spoiled... but never tell someone their life is perfect. Sometimes i wish i had siblings... i get lonely a lot.

Back